• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier 2 announced (Square Enix, Yoko Taro, Platinum Games, Akihiko Yoshida, PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have never even considered this in a million years.

Duuuuude, this E3 is bringing it!

NeiR 2
FF7 R
Shenmue 3
TLG
Fallout 4

NNnggggggg!!!!!

Paracelsus

You know,

Back in the day, when people were asking for more elaborated J-arpg combat systems, my thought initially was 'that would be like having a Bayonetta arpg, too convoluted, it'd get tedious in the long run. Not like something like that would ever happen'. Well.

Still can't believe this is real. I wanted a Zelda-esque for next gen this E3 (which I consider Nier to be more than RPG) and I was also hoping the people at Platinum would actually make something different like Okami again.
Dream project.

Seyavesh

jQi9ZAg.jpg

lots of civilization in these shots

Mawarup

Neo Member
Oh man I am so glad that NieR is getting some new life again! And now with P* games on as well! Very excited to see the final product and so very glad I can't put anything right to words!!!

Oh man that German journalist! Still happy to see people still loving NieR/Drakengard!!

PirateKing

I dont think it was ever concretely confirmed by the devs... some people think the demon changed her body physically and other people think she is a hybrid (human woman possessed by male demon) but still physically a woman

Pretty sure it was in Grimoire Nier book, if not NG+ cutscene

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I know nothing about Nier :(

A game with great (main) characters, featuring intricate background history (that you need to find and read on supplemental materials *outside* the game, lol), somewhat OK battle system, tedious and stupid collect-a-thon sidequests, somewhat okay-ish graphics, and an absolutely, incredibly phenomenal soundtrack.

Gbraga

ill buy whatever $100+ LE edition to let SE know it was not a mistake to make this

I was very pleased to know that S-E is well aware of how much people love NieR, even if they didn't feel like a new game was a good business decision before, they knew that if they ever did it, it couldn't be half assed.

A game with great (main) characters, featuring intricate background history (that you need to find and read on supplemental materials *outside* the game, lol), somewhat OK battle system, tedious and stupid collect-a-thon sidequests, somewhat okay-ish graphics, and an absolutely, incredibly phenomenal soundtrack.

The boss battles and some of the gameplay twists were quite cool as well. Nier's gameplay is a bit underrated, even if it's still far from being great.

Seyavesh

I dont think it was ever concretely confirmed by the devs... some people think the demon changed her body physically and other people think she is a hybrid (human woman possessed by male demon) but still physically a woman

see:
It was when the one outsider lady comes in and decides to go visit Kaine to see why the village is so mean to her. In the middle of the night the lady wakes up and finds Kaine outside in the bushes with her 'thing' in her hand, as the text describes it all in detail, the lady freaks out and calls her a monster and runs off.
I certainly wasn't expecting that.

;edit:
This is making me think that the new Nier game is either set before Nier or actually in a completely different timeline all together.

i actually get a vibe of the original NIER concept, where the main character was supposed to dive into fairytales but i can't really put my finger on why
Grimore Nier said:
-Bosses and words were named after fairytales because of Nier's original plot. The basic premise is this: the world within picture books actually exist, and the heroes have to defeat the villains that came from the picture book. They were trying to revive their leader, so the heroes wanted to stop them. However, they have their own reasons. In the world of picture books, the same story is repeated over and over again, and the villains are doomed to be evil forever, and to suffer their punishment for eternity. A certain scientist realized this and tried to free them, but was defeated by the heroes. So, the villains tried to revive him, but of course, the heroes won't allow that.

Dang, I loved Nier on the 360. This E3 definitely makes it easier to choose which console to get later on to play thanks to Persona 5, Star Ocean, Nier 2, Disgaea 5, FF7 remake, etc... wow.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I am so pumped. I'm going to be singing song of the ancients fate until this game comes out >< Hell i'll sing both papola and devola's songs, HELL i'll even sing the Drakengard 3 version too for that matter

NieR was a rare game in that I loved so much, but was never able to replay it properly past the B-ending because it was such a heartbreaking gut punch. Even The Last of Us feels like a cheery walk in the park in comparison! (It was also a bit depressing because the game itself was such an underrated gem.) I'll finally have to replay it properly now. What an insane E3.

...I'm going to have to collect all the weapons, aren't I.

Astarte

Seriously, playing as Kaine's grandma would be so great if Grimoire Nier is any indicator.
If anyone wants to go back and play Drakengard, just know that it's...rather painful. It's a painful but memorable experience.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
NieR was a rare game in that I loved so much, but was never able to replay it properly past the B-ending because it was such a heartbreaking gut punch. Even The Last of Us feels like a cheery walk in the park in comparison! (It was also a bit depressing because the game itself was such an underrated gem.) I'll finally have to replay it properly now. What an insane E3.

...I'm going to have to collect all the weapons, aren't I.

When i was playing LOU, it reminded me of Nier a lot in certain ways. But LOU was way more tame personally in terms of things that went on and the scale of the doom, Nier was essentially a much harder version of the father daughter dynamic and world scenario, that wasn't looked at enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom