• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier 2 announced (Square Enix, Yoko Taro, Platinum Games, Akihiko Yoshida, PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i actually get a vibe of the original NIER concept, where the main character was supposed to dive into fairytales but i can't really put my finger on why

I can see it a bit. The Ferris Wheel one at the very least looks a bit fairytale/Disneyland.

Edit: i've just noticed on the site the last 2 images are greyed out and can't be selected. And when you click on Nier (some jumbled up subtitle) you see the writing that was in the end of the trailer after it zoomed into her eye. Which was Doll, Person, Machine?

Also the jumbled up subtitle looks like it starts with an i and ends in a t? Could just be a placeholder until they decide we are worthy of knowing the subtitle.

Just before the trailer was shown I was thinking the appearance of Taro Yoko's game was really unlikely. Then comes a new Nier by Platinum. I may be more excited for this than I am for Persona 5.

daevious

Yoshida art getting 3D justice.

image_nier_new_project-28695-3291_0001.jpg

I love the fact that you can see how dirty her outfit is, especially on the soles of her shoes. This is the kind of attention to detail that Nier had in spades so this reveal is definitely off on the right foot.

maybe i missed an ending but i thought your actions doomed what was left of humanity in the first one?

maybe they made robots for shells instead.

Seyavesh

maybe i missed an ending but i thought your actions doomed what was left of humanity in the first one?

maybe they made robots for shells instead.

in grimoire nier it's revealed that shades and humans eventually reconcile some unknown time down the line and get together because aliens invade out of fucking nowhere and start wrecking everyone's shit

no i'm not joking that's a real thing

DOLL HUMAN MACHINE

NieR and Drakengard 3 spoilers:
No idea if anyone has actually pointed or said this (but I'm being late to the party)
But Doll seems to me to relate to the replicants
Human to the gestalts
Machines to the androids.

Drakengard/Nier has definitely had android/robots. Accord from Drakengard 3 was one. And Devola and Popola in NieR. From the machine sounding eye zoom from the trailer, I'm presuming that grey haired girl is also an android.

in grimoire nier it's revealed that shades and humans eventually reconcile some unknown time down the line and get together because aliens invade out of fucking nowhere and start wrecking everyone's shit

Is that actually canon? I thought it was too outlandish, EVEN FOR DRAKENGARD.

PirateKing

Did I miss this part? Which part of the book was this?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Grimiore nier, although yeah,everyone is still fucked unfortunately cause of the events of the game, so it doesn't really matter. Nothing matters in the end, that's just Yoko Taro's way

daevious

Is all of the stuff about Kaine being a
hermaphrodite just from outside texts, or is it covered in the game at all? Because the only part from the actual game that I remember that could allude to that was how she was shunned in her village for being different. And I would think that her being half-shade would take precedent in what makes her a "freak" over just having a dick.

Those kids attacking Kaine for being a freak happened several years before she was possessed by Tyrann, so it's more likely that they attacked her for having a dick.

EDIT: Beaten. But its still true though.

Astarte

Yep. Emil later goes on to fight against the aliens.

Gbraga

It's just a silly line from an interview, IIRC, hardly relevant canon.

But either way, solid lore or not, the game's ending still holds strong, nothing changes.

Almond

Drakengard 3 was a complete shock to me, and now this, almost as much.

And I couldn't be anymore hyped for it. This and The Last Guardian are my only reasons for getting a PS4 next year.

PirateKing

Grimiore nier, although yeah,everyone is still fucked unfortunately cause of the events of the game, so it doesn't really matter. Nothing matters in the end, that's just Yoko Taro's way

No, I meant which page is it? Exact link? I've read most of Grimoire NieR.

Lost it when I saw this. Just added it to the pile of things I never thought I'd see that I saw these last few days. Time to boot up that copy of Nier I have, although I'll never have time to make it to the multiple NG+'s I keep hearing I need to reach to fully explore everything the game has to offer.

takoyaki

A new Nier game, accompanied by a new Nier soundtrack; this E3 just doesn't stop being awesome :)

I hope that 8-4 is involved in the localization again.

I'm not usually a fan of reaction vids because they always come off staged to me. But this guy and Huber regarding Shenmue are gold, they just make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside; people genuinely getting excited about things they love.

I know that German dude's reaction is legit because I had a nearly identical reaction.

The excitement over a remake is surreal. No way near the same level for XV. What gives? Why is VII so popular? What has it done that all the others before and after havent done? Why is Cloud and Aerith(aeris) better than Lightning and Hope or Squall and Rinoa or Titus and Yuna?
Nier 2.

fvng

The excitement over a remake is surreal. No way near the same level for XV. What gives? Why is VII so popular? What has it done that all the others before and after havent done? Why is Cloud and Aerith(aeris) better than Lightning and Hope or Squall and Rinoa or Titus and Yuna?

You honestly dont understand why something like FF7 gives people nostalgia chills? Especially when it's been transformed from crude ps1 graphics to what we saw in the trailer?

Voliko

Lost it when I saw this. Just added it to the pile of things I never thought I'd see that I saw these last few days. Time to boot up that copy of Nier I have, although I'll never have time to make it to the multiple NG+'s I keep hearing I need to reach to fully explore everything the game has to offer.
NG+ starts halfway through the game , and running through them doesn't take very long.

Although getting the first NG+ ending is mandatory to get the full story. I always felt sad when people said they dropped the game after the first ending. As if the NG+ is just a bonus when it's really one of the most brilliant things in a game ever.

Seyavesh

my b, it came from the original google doc stuff that was shortly released after the game's western release and all that

a little research shows that it's originally an idea from an interview w/ yoko taro (as a joke) and then was hilariously made "canon" or whatever in a drama cd where emil blasts some aliens with eyebeams

http://something-very-special.tumblr.com/post/48366067355/replicant-drama-cd-the-great-space-war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom