• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase Announced for Later Today 7am PT

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Here's a look at the inside of the Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase™ Hype Train®

dcb026d12fd3f0f6a2b74122fa1e51ce.jpg
source.gif

Jooxed

Gold Member
Already corrected someone mentioning that the 10 minutes duration was a rumor and someone else expecting first-party games.

You appear to be salty, for some reason.

Do your homework

from he guy that leaked the date of the direct. I am just tired of trolls coming around with no interest in the platform walking about "fanboys"

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Do your homework

from he guy that leaked the date of the direct. I am just tired of trolls coming around with no interest in the platform walking about "fanboys"

Haha feel free to inflate your expectations. You're the one getting disappointed, not me. Monolith isn't a development/publishing partner. It's a wholly-owned subsidiary. Its games are literally from Nintendo itself.

Not being a fanboy of a platform who throws a tantrum when there's a dry spell during a global pandemic does not mean not being interested in it.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Haha feel free to inflate your expectations. You're the one getting disappointed, not me. Monolith isn't a development/publishing partner. It's a wholly-owned subsidiary. Its games are literally from Nintendo itself.

Not being a fanboy of a platform who throws a tantrum when there's a dry spell during a global pandemic does not mean not being interested in it.
Well then....if I don't get my Monolith Soft game in this direct........

4a3ddb133770edd61f11fb897e2eaa71.gif

It looks like Nintendo is really rationing out these announcements. I figured we would get an actual solid 30 minute direct sometime this summer. After seeing this announcement I don't know if we're going to get that chunky direct.

I figure we'll see one or two ports that were unknown but ya mostly just filler stuff.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Haha feel free to inflate your expectations.

Weird I haven't seen any tantrums on GAF about Nintendo? If you want to see a tantrum go to the purple forum.

well we will see you next week when you decide to grace us with your presence again

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Weird I haven't seen any tantrums on GAF about Nintendo? If you want to see a tantrum go to the purple forum.

Selective reading? There's plenty of posts in this very thread that classify as an angry fit or a tantrum.

"micropenises" "get fuc*ed" etc, etc...

It's pretty hilarious and a bit sad.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Selective reading? There's plenty of posts in this very thread that classify as an angry fit or a tantrum.

"micropenises" "get fuc*ed" etc, etc...

It's pretty hilarious and a bit sad.
What's sad is that you took that micropenis comment as me actually being upset.

Reactions: Isa

zelhawks37

NMH3, Bravely Default 2 are the expected ones, but SMT5 and Bayo 3 would make this direct an easy 10/10. Here's hoping for at least one of those tomorrow, maybe Rune Factory 5?

Collin

Banned
keep your hype in check, it'll be a lotta fluff and apparently only 10 min. i'd love a release date of BOTW2 but i bet that'll be its own direct. best case scenario would be persona 4 on switch or some cool port like that

Hudo

Gold Member
So, there are reports saying that this is just the "first one" of many. Do they mean many third-party-focused directs or Mini Directs in general? It would be quite nice if Nintendo went all like "You want a direct? How about a whole week with a direct each day!".

EDIT: I just realized that third-party directs include the possibility that we finally see something from SMT5! So I'd be fine with either approach now.

Last edited:

Eevee86

I'm going in with my expectations firmly set low. Not looking forward to 3 days of people pissing their pants.

93xfan

Banned
So, there are reports saying that this is just the "first one" of many. Do they mean many third-party-focused directs or Mini Directs in general? It would be quite nice if Nintendo went all like "You want a direct? How about a whole week with a direct each day!".

EDIT: I just realized that third-party directs include the possibility that we finally see something from SMT5! So I'd be fine with either approach now.

I think they’re referring to disappointing announcements for this year. Buckle up everyone

Last edited:
For fucks sake. I mean I'm not surprised, once Friday came and went, I wasn't expecting a proper Direct, but just 3rd parties? And only 10 minutes long? Seriously? Lame.

I'm also annoyed since I have one last online voucher to use up by the end of the month, and I don't want to use it while there's a chance something new I want more gets announced. With no true Direct to give out all the info at once, I'm going to have to wait until the very last day to be sure there's no out of nowhere announcements.

LarknThe4th

Well this is shit, bunch of insiders will still get coddled after this though

Even though they where all like incredibly wrong, this is he furthest thing from what they where all saying

Fed up of these piecemeal shows honestly....and their wont be even any Nintendo 1st party in here!

Well this is shit, bunch of insiders will still get coddled after this though

Even though they where all like incredibly wrong, this is he furthest thing from what they where all saying

Fed up of these piecemeal shows honestly....and their wont be even any Nintendo 1st party in here!
Honestly, there's been so little coming out of Nintendo this year and such poor brand management I wouldn't be surprised if they had originally intended (maybe even attempted to organise) a larger direct and just didn't have the chops to pull it off.

One thing the big N has never been good at is reacting quickly or changing with the times. I honestly just don't think they've been able to adapt to the current restrictions and remote working conditions because, well let's be fair, this is not normal for them.

Last edited:

Murdoch

Honestly, there's been so little coming out of Nintendo this year and such poor brand management I wouldn't be surprised if they had originally intended (maybe even attempted to organise) a larger direct and just didn't have the chops to pull it off.

One thing the big N has never been good at is reacting quickly or changing with the times. I honestly just don't think they've been able to adapt to the current restrictions and remote working conditions because, well let's be fair, this is not normal for them.

I think you're bang on the money. I think working remotely has probably hit them hardest with the reports on how stringent their office working conditions were. It's absolutely fine though; it's not as if my current switch back catalogue isn't 80+ strong 😅

Isa

I'm interested but kind of bummed about the Mario collection. I know its a big anniversary but its not for everybody, I'm hoping for some Jrpg goodness to help round out the year. The one rumor I hope is true is for Atelier Ryza 2. This is a year where thick thighs could save lives alright. I'm also interested in Bravely Default 2, Bayonetta 3, SMT V and hopefully a few neat surprises.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm also interested in Bravely Default 2, Bayonetta 3, SMT V and hopefully a few neat surprises.
One of those would make the Direct a 10/10! Very excited for this.

Andyliini

Gold Member
I'd say Bravely Default is very likely to appear, considering it should release soon. Doom: Eternal is also quite safe bet, as the developers just said that the release date will be announced soon.

Every fucking time. A Direct is announced and people start saying IT'S GONNA BE SMTV OMG THEY'RE GOING TO SHOW BRAVELY DEFAULT 2 AND SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD 2 AND GALAXY 3 AND BOTW2 AND

It's going to be 10 min of pixelart platform/shooters and you know it

Shantae

Banned
I'm interested but kind of bummed about the Mario collection. I know its a big anniversary but its not for everybody, I'm hoping for some Jrpg goodness to help round out the year. The one rumor I hope is true is for Atelier Ryza 2. This is a year where thick thighs could save lives alright. I'm also interested in Bravely Default 2, Bayonetta 3, SMT V and hopefully a few neat surprises.
Hmmm, yes please. More Ryza thighs. Thicc thighs save Nintendo directs.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Hey, why am I seeing in most parts that it's gonna be only ten minutes? Last mini were almost thirty.

Hudo

Gold Member
Looking forward to Atlus finally announcing that SMT V is cancelled.
At this point, I doubt that anyone would hardly notice, lol.

But for real, what the fuck are Atlus doing with SMT5? I remember reading an interview about how awesome Unreal Engine 4 is because they could hot-swap and hot-place assets without having to recompile everything like they had to in their own proprietary engine (hence why their old games took so long to develop). I guess that was just elaborate bullshitting? Or SMT5 is fucking massive, lol.

Top Bottom