• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase Announced for Later Today 7am PT

Birdo

Banned
Here it comes! 3D Mario HD Collection!, Metroid Prime 4 gameplay! Mother Collection! Zelda HD Collection! Switch Pro! F-Zero Switch! Star Fox! N64 Mini!

I can't wait to see all of these things! I'll be very upset if I don't!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
At this point, I doubt that anyone would hardly notice, lol.

But for real, what the fuck are Atlus doing with SMT5? I remember reading an interview about how awesome Unreal Engine 4 is because they could hot-swap and hot-place assets without having to recompile everything like they had to in their own proprietary engine (hence why their old games took so long to develop). I guess that was just elaborate bullshitting? Or SMT5 is fucking massive, lol.
SMT5 is doing just fiiiiiiiine, it gonna get release date any minute now.
tenor.gif

FStubbs

I think it's a pattern on their handhelds (and on the Wii) that we're oddly seeing with Switch despite having one ecosystem:

If sales are going well and third parties are carrying the platform, Nintendo is perfectly happy to sit on first party content until they need a boost.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned

Man, you gotta love even the way that Nintendo is a bit vague with their details. :)

Obviously they know that speculation is a big part of these things.

For example, I would not expect to see Doom Eternal even mentioned in this since I don't reckon ID or Bethesda could be described by Nintendo as "our development and publishing partners".

On the other hand games like Xenoblade, Bayonetta and No More Heroes are actually published by Nintendo themselves, no?

Why couldn't they just say "a look at some 3rd party Switch exclusives" or just "some upcoming 3rd party releases".

Maybe nobody likes to use the phrase "3rd party" in the industry?

Can't wait for the disappointment that will follow this.

I predict.

10 minutes.
A look at Crysis on Switch.
Doom Eternal announcement.
Carrion launch trailer.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
No More Heroes 3 update from Suda51.
Hollow Knight Silksong update.
"One more thing..." Bayonetta 3 footage for 2021 release.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Keep in mind a similar similar direct 14 minutes long had this content

0:19 - The World Ends with You -Final Remix
1:25 - Pokkén Tournament DX DLC
2:21 - Kirby Star Allies
3:25 - Kirby Battle Royale & Dragon Quest Builders Demos
3:44 - Hyrule Warriors Definitive Version
4:32 - Mario Tennis Aces
5:28 - Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
6:34 - Super Mario Odyssey Update - Luigi’s Balloon World
7:41 - SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
8:40 - ACA NEOGEO ART OF FIGHTING 2
8:55 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle DLC
9:51 - PAYDAY 2
10:38 - Fe
11:12 - Celeste
11:48 - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Nintendo Switch
12:50 - Dark Souls Remastered

Last edited:
Partner showcase? Eh, fine. I’ll take whatever I can get. I’m going to only bring good thoughts to this thread. I’ve got my fingers crossed for more on Bravely Default 2, and Octopath 2 news. I’m still going to hold out hope for some Monolithsoft news, and my dream of a Final Fantasy Tactics remaster.

I wonder what the “Available Later Today” game is going to be? Doom Eternal is too big, right?

LarknThe4th

Keep in mind a similar similar direct 14 minutes long had this content

0:19 - The World Ends with You -Final Remix
1:25 - Pokkén Tournament DX DLC
2:21 - Kirby Star Allies
3:25 - Kirby Battle Royale & Dragon Quest Builders Demos
3:44 - Hyrule Warriors Definitive Version
4:32 - Mario Tennis Aces
5:28 - Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
6:34 - Super Mario Odyssey Update - Luigi’s Balloon World
7:41 - SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
8:40 - ACA NEOGEO ART OF FIGHTING 2
8:55 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle DLC
9:51 - PAYDAY 2
10:38 - Fe
11:12 - Celeste
11:48 - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for Nintendo Switch
12:50 - Dark Souls Remastered

That has like 8 Nintendo games in it though....

This is literally just updates on already announced games, this is gonna be shit

Its hilarious that people are saying "I hope we see Doom Eternal at least"

If that is a high expectation then I dont even know what to think

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This is gonna be shit, isn't it?

It's_All_So_Tiresome.jpg

See you in a few hours.

Last edited:
Would love for them to drop some Fallout love during this...or even something from EA (Mass Effect please!!!!). But with the way the entire year has went, I'm not expecting much.

Could be a 10 Minute Trailer of a New Smash Character from a Third Party.

Who knows?

Sounds like Nintendo really couldn't adapt to the Pandemic and using rereleases as a way to fill the gaps in their Library.

Saruhashi

Banned
That has like 8 Nintendo games in it though....

This is literally just updates on already announced games, this is gonna be shit

Its hilarious that people are saying "I hope we see Doom Eternal at least"

If that is a high expectation then I dont even know what to think

Why hilarious?

Person wants to get Doom Eternal for Switch. Person says "I hope to get news on Doom Eternal". Ha! Hilarious!

A Direct is just a list of games that are coming out in the future. That's it.

I don't get the obsession with rating the announcements or moaning about people with low expectations.

"Here are the upcoming games."
OK. I may or may not buy some of those.

Weird obsession with moaning about announcements on here at times.

LarknThe4th

Why hilarious?

Person wants to get Doom Eternal for Switch. Person says "I hope to get news on Doom Eternal". Ha! Hilarious!

I don't get the obsession with rating the announcements or moaning about people with low expectations.

Because Doom is cool and all, but it's a game that has been out for a while, if that's the high water mark then I find that humourous, wouldn't get worked up about it champ, just my opinion and this is a forum for videogame discussion, where last time I checked, opinions and such where freely exchanged

Kinda self explanatory really, hope I cleared that up for ya

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

I get where you're coming from with how dramatic some people are with it, but I think it's reasonable at this point for some folks to be really disappointed with Nintendo's current output. I am. If you don't like Animal Crossing, what have you had on Switch this year, really..? Ports and indies.

So, when we don't get games, and we don't even get good announcements of games, I think it's reasonable to be kinda pissed with your £280 brick, and reasonable to have expected more at this point.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Why hilarious?

thank you

Saruhashi

Banned
Could be a 10 Minute Trailer of a New Smash Character from a Third Party.

Who knows?

Sounds like Nintendo really couldn't adapt to the Pandemic and using rereleases as a way to fill the gaps in their Library.

Yeah I am pretty convinced at this point that the pandemic has destroyed their already sparse release schedule.

I don't know how much "crunch" Nintendo plans for or how willing they are to delay certain games but if they were working full tilt on the Q4 and holiday 2020 games back in March then the pandemic would have seriously put the brakes on their plans.

If your plan is to, say, have a team working 50 hours a week at least for 9 months to get your game ready for early December release then shutting down offices and only having people working from home is going to absolutely destroy those plans.

Especially if the company doesn't want to ship equipment and materials etc out to employees homes. Then you've got to factor in security etc.

I'd even say its possible that Nintendo straight up halted production on some things for months.

Its a bit crazy that we haven't even seen any hints about what's coming up over the Q4 period.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
If you really think Nintendo Directs are just some informative press release... These are for the fans. Some random chick that bought Animal Crossing isn't going to watch these.

StormCell

I don't interpret this to necessarily be only third parties. The tweet does say development partners. Isn't Retro Studios a development partner? Mercury Steam? Those guys who made 51 Tabletop games? Nintendo collaborates with lots of development partners -- didn't a development partner make Link's Awakening?

Saruhashi

Banned
I get where you're coming from with how dramatic some people are with it, but I think it's reasonable at this point for some folks to be really disappointed with Nintendo's current output. I am. If you don't like Animal Crossing, what have you had on Switch this year, really..? Ports and indies.

So, when we don't get games, and we don't even get good announcements of games, I think it's reasonable to be kinda pissed with your £280 brick, and reasonable to have expected more at this point.

I understand that part.
If someone has played all the games they want then for sure you are thinking "OK where's the new games". No arguments here.

What I don't get is the snotty attitude towards people who are either fine with or even looking forward to the upcoming stuff.

Even if this mini Direct comes along and its a handful of 3rd party games you'll still have people looking forward to those games.

LarknThe4th

Sigh....

Your initial post was about a Nintendo direct mini that was 13 minutes long, I then pointed out that about 8 and a half minutes of that was taken up by Nintendo games

My point being that this one is ten minutes long and it is stated that Nintendo will not show any of their games here, I expressed disappointment at this by stating I think this will be shit

You didnt respond to that, and now we are here.....

I then followed up be saying it was weird that it was odd that someone had a problem with people "moaning" about things on a forum, which is yes that right moaning!

You then got in on that thinking ya had me by bringing up th fact that I have only been here since May, so instead of engaging in the point I was making

Which is moaning about other people moaning is hilarious you tried to step up to me on the time I have been on a forum on the internet

I find that hilarious 😂😂😂😂

I don't interpret this to necessarily be only third parties. The tweet does say development partners. Isn't Retro Studios a development partner? Mercury Steam? Those guys who made 51 Tabletop games? Nintendo collaborates with lots of development partners -- didn't a development partner make Link's Awakening?

That's true. Don't they have the fewest internal studios compared to Sony or Microsoft?

Saruhashi

Banned
All that talk about mario and we're getting this. Lol. Idk why I let myself get hyped.

LOL. To be honest I was the same.

Once everyone seemed to agree that the 20th leak was true I figured at a minimum today we'd know what this Mario 35th anniversary stuff was all about.

Its also pretty funny that people will all be sitting now waiting for hours for a 10 minute clip that seems likely to just be release dates for already announced games.

Fuck it.

My "Outrageous Demands" for today are...

Mass Effect Trilogy.
GTA San Andreas and Vice City double pack remasters.
Fallout New Vegas.
No More Heroes 1 and 2 remaster.
No More Heroes 3 release date.
Fuckin announce that Metroid Prime Trilogy is 3rd party and out right now.

Oh... And one more thing...
*Looks directly at camera*
"Monolith Soft's new IP"

Anything less than this is a disgrace to the video game community.

Top Bottom