• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase Announced for Later Today 7am PT

Shantae

Banned
Watched the Japanese direct and was very happy. Atelier Ryza 2 shown. The Momotaro densetsu game got a release date, and all the shin megami tensei news, especially nocturne’s October release date in Japan. A great small direct.
Aww, they showed that on the Japanese one, but not the US one? I'd want to see Ryza more than a SMT game lol

Is it just me, or do her boobs look even bigger than they did in the first one in the trailer? lol

So DLC for an Indie game, the worlds most generic TPS, a mini wrestling game, and a remaster and vague release date for two 'Persona with all the fun sucked out' games.

Whoopy bloody do.

Shantae

Banned
So DLC for an Indie game, the worlds most generic TPS, a mini wrestling game, and a remaster and vague release date for two 'Persona with all the fun sucked out' games.

Whoopy bloody do.
Well Japan was luckier because they got some more anime hotness.

vMrJHPF.jpg

They should've replaced that wrestling shit with this.

Silvawuff

The first-party silence can be a good thing -- Ninty usually doesn't let us peek in the cooker until something is about ready to come out. Remember Origami King was announced a mere three months ago. This doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to get a little more communication on their end regarding more house software support.

I think a lot of people are anxious about this because we just don't know how heavily pandemic BS has affected Nintendo's software development back end. I'm guessing quite a bit. Don't dismiss this as abject fanboyism -- the criticism and frustration are both valid.

Tangerine

I'm happy for more Cadance of hyrule content and the physical release. I've never played a SMT game before. May give them a go though.

We'll get a better direct soon.... I hope 😔

Isa

Really stoked for SMTV(the MC has some pretty eyes lol) and Nocturne HD, plus SMTV is a simultaneous ww release? Wow. The Japanese Direct was better in my opinion, and its great to see the rumors were true in regards to Ryza. Her design is so great, plus Klaudia was there too. Its such a bright and colorful world, can't wait to get lost in it again. I'll snag the collector's edition again if there is one, I bought the last game three times lol.

Also why didn't they show that sizzle reel in the western side? I'm looking forward to trying out Fairy Tale which is releasing later this month, got it preordered too. Overall I'd say it was ok, not bad especially considering the super short length. Plus there was mention of similar mini/partner directs later this year. Hopefully with Japan opening back up things gradually get back into gear. I have figures that have been delayed for 6 months+ with many or most being postponed into 2021. It's actually kind of impressive so many games and dlc have managed to come out at the rate they have.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched it. I didn't feel bored or something, it was just 10 minutes after all.. but still very underwelming that we still don't know Nintendo's winter line up. Hope they will show something soon. Shin Megami Tensai V was cool though. Nocturne HD Remaster too. Don't care much for the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

ultrazilla

If the "working from home" is really affecting Nintendo this much.....then they need to call their people back into work, make masks mandatory and get back to making games.

This is pitiful.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This game was shown in the japanese Direct Mini...., idk why it was't shown here.

Look pretty cool!

Is it me or the visuals got huge upgrade from last showing? And WHY the fuck this wasn't shown on our Nintendo direct!? this not getting western release!?

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
I expected 10 minutes of disappointment, and they fell short of even that. 9 minutes including a recap video of 4 games.

how they managed to even go below my lowest expectations is a real talent

mcjmetroid

They've been lazy for pretty much the whole lifespan of the Switch.
Since the new president took over it feels like the wrong direction theyre going in. smartphone games yes!
Smartphone games no!
Etc

Have you ever looked at a Nintendo specific site lately. It's rather embarrassing.

They're talking about Lego mario, nintendo theme park and constant Indie releases. I'm not blaming the websites they literally haven't much to report on. Where is the excitement though where is the hype?

I was told by a poster earlier that COVID19 has messed up their schedule and I'm not sure how much I buy that. I don't think they had much for this year.

Hate to be negative here but the Switch is doomed to become a remaster console at this point. I wouldn't care as much if Nintendo wasn't doing it as well because let's face it we buy Nintendo systems for the first party games but if the best they have is Mario remasters this year..

I don't know what to say.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Rice and Ruin and Ryza 2 excite me. But that was the JP direct only.

I care not for ports and SMT5 won't see the light of day until what Q2/Q3 2021 at best? And they only showed off cinematics as opposed to actual gameplay so blegh on them.

Cadence DLC is nice for people that enjoy Necrodancer Zelda.

Can't really judge Rogue Company since I have no interest in those games. It'll probably Tank against the likes of Splatoon and Ninjala.

Could of just posted individual trailers on their YT channel and called it a day.

MrA

BAN THIS GUY

(n)
More like what persona without the high school dating sim bs getting in the way of the sweet sweet horror jrpg am I right?, I personally look forward to being butchered by a rabbit repeatedly. Though I prefer the cast style of strange journey over smt iv

Top Bottom