• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase Announced for Later Today 7am PT

Saruhashi

Banned
Lol what the heck this mini is about?

Is this one of those port begging opportunities people do daily on twitter?

Kind of.

Nintendo says "OK folks we are going to announce some stuff in a few hours."

Then we get to spend those hours creating more and more crazy suggestions and demands before disappointment hits us directly in the face.

My favourite is when Nintendo basically says "this will be an update on previously announced 3rd party games" and people respond with "so will we be hearing about the breath of the wild sequel here or what?"

All you can really do is laugh and hope that they announce something you might be into.

Ogbert

Probably get stuff like the rumoured Tomb Raider collection.

Would be mildly interested in Batman too.

That said, just want them to pull their finger out and announce the Mario stuff.

For what it is, filtering is going to be a garbage. At the moment the first confirmed game does not interest me at all. I do not expect anything, Nintendo is determined not to take advantage of the wave. Well be careful because the waves do not always last and ps5 and xbox are just around the corner.

Saruhashi

Banned
Any ideas on what will dominate the chat on YouTube?

From previous directs it could be anything from people spamming ascii swastikas to people spamming "trans rights". From people demanding the new Zelda to predicting some anime character for Smash.

What flavor will today's toxic chat have?

Shantae

Banned
I have a feeling we shouldn't be getting our hopes up for much at all.

I don't even see a countdown premier link on their youtube channel, so I don't think even Nintendo is making an attempt to hype up anything.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I have a feeling we shouldn't be getting our hopes up for much at all.

I don't even see a countdown premier link on their youtube channel, so I don't think even Nintendo is making an attempt to hype up anything.

it’s not a live stream minis are always just video drops

Astral Dog

WAIT, there is a chance?
images

Any ideas on what will dominate the chat on YouTube?

From previous directs it could be anything from people spamming ascii swastikas to people spamming "trans rights". From people demanding the new Zelda to predicting some anime character for Smash.

What flavor will today's toxic chat have?

Here are a few that make me laugh:

WTF IS THIS BABY SHIT!?!

No Mario = No Buy

Anime Nintendo was a mistake

ANNOUNCE F-ZERO YOU COWARDS

10 Minutes of Laaaaaame

*Emoji Faces of Sad Pepe*

NINTENDO LOST E3/Summer of Gaming

Sony/MS plz buy Nintendo

It's over....they done

BUY SEGA YOU COWARDS

This isn't Bayonetta's Tits?

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I've just seen some thumbnails and SMT fans should be happy. That's about it.

Last edited:
Shin Megami Tensei V looks pretty awesome, what are you talking about?

Also, I'm glad I never played SMT Nocturne before. I always felt the lack of voice acting made it hard to get into, but looks like this HD remaster might have it.

I mean... it's not my type of game, but we knew it was coming anyway.

This event we've all been hyping for weeks had no reveals of any importance.

They did say there's more coming so there's still hope... maybe... :'(

Shantae

Banned
It is annoying that this wasn't a bigger event. There is so much for this year they could be addressing, but they prefer to leave us in the dark.

Since it was so Atlus heavy, what's the deal with P5 Scramble in the west already? And yeah, I thought this would be more about revealing dates for some releases this year, but we're still in the dark about so many release dates for games this year.

Ten_Fold

SMT series is cool and all, but I was pretty disappointed overall. Why won’t they do a big Nintendo direct? Mmmmm sad.

mcjmetroid

They really have nothing do they?

Serious question though. Do you think they're holding back this year due to the ps5 and Xbox series X? Come back full swing then next year?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The cadence of hyrule dlc looks interesting but I’m not going to pay more then $10 for all packs. The Zelda guitar tracks by familyjules are going to be fucking great (which I’m sure the track playing was his during that part of the announcement)

also the wwe game looks like crazy fun if they get the balance and controls right. Like the spiritual successor to wrestlemania the arcade game from the mid 90s.

Ogbert

That Direct was fucking embarrassing.

To not have anything of substance for months and then come out with indie DLC, a PS2 era shooter and a wrestling game that looks like something I played on the Amiga is pitiful.

Nintendo taking the piss.

Caffeine

They really have nothing do they?

Serious question though. Do you think they're holding back this year due to the ps5 and Xbox series X? Come back full swing then next year?
its marios 35th so I would guess sometime in september they need to announce that collection and probably a mario kart. thats what they are most likely going into the holiday season with against the new consoles lol. Everything else seems to have been pushed back.

Last edited:

GV82

no I think the Coronavirus really messed them up, they aren’t set up to work from home In Japan and people keep forgetting about it, so we have to keep reminding people about it they don’t have stuff they have been working on to as it’s probably at the offices where no one can access it, what is been worked at from home is all been trickled out the best it can.

TLDR - Corona Virus has really messed Nintendo up and Japan is not set up to work from home. So everything that should have been shown is stuck at the offices in Japan that can’t be accessed & worked on. 3rd parties can work from home but is probably taking longer than it would at the offices.

Last edited:

ranmafan

Watched the Japanese direct and was very happy. Atelier Ryza 2 shown. The Momotaro densetsu game got a release date, and all the shin megami tensei news, especially nocturne’s October release date in Japan. A great small direct.

Top Bottom