• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2013

also

Banned
But that will never happen with a console already released

:(

Believe! We got some 60Hz games and we are getting Earthbound, if we are persistent enough we can CHANGE things.
I just hope that the only change won't be how popular posts are determined on Miiverse to try and censor the region free movement

Refyref

It's not even an alien concept for the 3DS.

AFAIK, Korean 3DS units have an "import shop" on their eShop, where they can buy games from Japan and Europe. I don't think it's everything available there, but the concept exists.

Javier

AFAIK, Korean 3DS units have an "import shop" on their eShop, where they can buy games from Japan and Europe. I don't think it's everything available there, but the concept exists.
Seriously? This is completely new to me.

also

Banned

I think it's just their eShop that lists both Japanese and English games since there are no (few?) games in Korean.

Refyref

If anyone cares, there seems to be a crowd-funding attempt to localize a game called AterenoBlade to international eShops.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/2...e-inspired-by-castlevania-muramasa-and-braid/

Stretch goals include ports, like a Wii U port, but they are pretty high.

I think it's just their eShop that lists both Japanese and English games since there no (few?) games in Korean.

It's called "imports", but yes, I'm sure that is the reason they are actually doing it. Just noting that it does exist.

also

Banned
It's called "imports", but yes, I'm sure that is the reason they are actually doing it. Just noting that it does exist.

Wait, is the eShop itself called ''imports'' and they have to switch to it in the system settings or is it simply a section of the Korean eShop?

Refyref

Wait, is the eShop itself called ''imports'' and they have to switch to it in the system settings or is it simply a section of the Korean eShop?

From what I've heard, it's a section in the store. Changing their settings won't affect anything, since Korean 3DS systems aren't Japanese nor PAL devices.

So, it seems The Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy VI are coming to the Wii U VC in Japan next week.

BNpqk0NCAAI7g56.jpg:large

Via Tilmen: https://twitter.com/TiLMEN/status/349709101791576064

Guesong

Secret of Mana?

Finally, 3 players co-op made easy without that weird multitap adapter! And I've been craving to replay FFVI for a while, so I think I'll just wait a bit longer and get this version.

I'll be jumping in for both of them.

GAMERG0D

Square Enix? What kind of a dream is this? I only bought the first FF and Super Mario RPG from them on Wii. I'd buy the other FF games this time around since I don't have the cartridges.

n64coder

Does Mario Picross for the 3DS have stylus controls? Or is it just buttons? I'm guessing it's the latter and It's unclear from the reviews that I've read so far.

Katsuragi

For some inexplicable reason Square Enix doesn't want users to post screenshots of their games on Miiverse. I always thought Dragon Quest X did this to prevent people from sharing private information via chat, but now there are reports that it's also not possible to post screenshots of Final Fantasy VI and Secret of Mana in their Miiverse communities. What a bummer. :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
how do i access the four new streetpass games? Do i have to go to the eshop? Or are they not out in north america yet?
Only Japan & EU have them at the moment. We'll probably get them after Nintendo allows StreetPass at certain hotspots, making it easier for people to get more Miis for the mini-games.

& whatever happened to those weekly sales? It's like Nintendo finally starts doing them, then after a month or so, they just stop doing them for a long time.

Ah ic. Thanks!

What are the new puzzles btw? I only got a piece for Dillion's Rolling Western. My 3DS was in repair and I barely got it back (I neglected to send in my 3DS for 2 months).

Ninty's Famicom library on the 3DS VC is nearly depleted. This is all that's left:

Baseball
Gomoku Narabe Renju
Ice Hockey
Pinball
Soccer
Adventures of Lolo 2
Volleyball
Mach Rider
Joy Mech Fight
Yoshi's Cookie
Smash Ping Pong
I can think of at least Mother, Star Tropics & Clu Clu Land missing in addition to these.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
PXZ is 34.99 Euros here as well. Good decision, since the downloadable SKU comes without all the limited edition content. It would have been better at 29.99, but it's still a beginning :p

StarTropics never got a JP release, Clu Clu Land is already released, and Mother...well, they never released it on the Wii VC, so...

A little OT: serplux, the charts! Remember to post them today (and tomorrow, since it's the All-Time day)!

StarTropics never got a JP release, Clu Clu Land is already released, and Mother...well, they never released it on the Wii VC, so...
Ahh my apologies, thought you were talking NES/Famicom in general

Also with Earthbound coming out I think Mother is a good chance to come out as well

Realistically, there's no reason Mother couldn't hit western Virtual Consoles. They're still sitting on that completed localisation, after all. Just hack the title screen and push it out there.

Khaz

YAY Squenix is on board!!

SUPER MARIO RPG NAO

As envious as I am, this just brings hope that Mario RPG is coming soon.

I really don't want to be that guy, but the fact that Super Mario RPG is one of those games including the SA-1 chip makes it very unlikely. The SA-1 is emulated correctly only by bsnes/higan, a quite demanding emulator.

Mario RPG was released on the Wii's virtual console...
Fair enough, I stand corrected.

Frolow

Banned
I really don't want to be that guy, but the fact that Super Mario RPG is one of those games including the SA-1 chip makes it very unlikely. The SA-1 is emulated correctly only by bsnes/higan, a quite demanding emulator.

Mario RPG was released on the Wii's virtual console...

Top Bottom