• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2013

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is New Luigi U B&M version not coming out until August? But the digital version is tomorrow? BB and Amazon both list it at August 25th.
DLC version is out tomorrow for $20 for those who already own NSMBU while a separate retail version is out August 25th for $30.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Retail version is just the DLC on a disc for those who don't have NSMBU or would prefer a physical copy. That's pretty much it unless they announce a promo similar to getting the digital version for double coins & a chance to win the Luigi pin.

joedick

Yup, if it's anything like the last Mario related limited run (Super Mario All Stars Wii) it'll be worst tons in a few years (SMASW is $100+ new right now).

How do we know this limitied? I don't recall Nintendo ever saying that, I've only ever read it on message boards.

I think Iwata or someone mentioned it would be 'limited' on the Nintendo Direct it was revealed, I might have just imagined that though.

Either way, physical release ftw.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
eShop said Picross e supports the circle pad pro.
Anyone know how?

I've tried mine and it doesn't seem to do anything aside from make the system a lot more comfortable to hold. :)

sakipon

I think Iwata or someone mentioned it would be 'limited' on the Nintendo Direct it was revealed, I might have just imagined that though.

Either way, physical release ftw.

I'm pretty sure I heard Iwata say it's limited and planned to be sold during this year only. I suppose someone could check the Direct but it's definitely limited edition anyhow.

BriBri

Zombie bowling? That sounds, uh, interesting.

Anyway, stealing this from the other thread, it seems that the G.Rev shooter Kokuga has been announced for an international eShop release.

http://kokuga.net/index_e.html
That's good news. If the games super cheap then it might make a fine purchase but I found it totally boring. Nothing like Ikaruga. Slow moving but also not very fun (I had no desire to progress after I think the seventh level or whatever). Still, it'll be great to see more Japanese releases come over.

Refyref

That's good news. If the games super cheap then it might make a fine purchase but I found it totally boring. Nothing like Ikaruga. Slow moving but also not very fun (I had no desire to progress after I think the seventh level or whatever). Still, it'll be great to see more Japanese releases come over.

Speaking of Japanese releases coming over, it seems that Umihara Kawase 3DS was demoed at E3. The publisher did say they want to bring it out of Japan, but it looks like it's actually happening now.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Speaking of Japanese releases coming over, it seems that Umihara Kawase 3DS was demoed at E3. The publisher did say they want to bring it out of Japan, but it looks like it's actually happening now.

Where did you hear this? I haven't seen a single report about it, and I was really hanging out to hear some more news.

BriBri

Where did you hear this? I haven't seen a single report about it, and I was really hanging out to hear some more news.
I came close to buying it this morning (the JP version) but went for Kuma Tomo instead. Wish my finances could extend to both. The game looks ace in 3D.

But I've only heard rumours of it coming over but no confirmations that it was at E3.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I came close to buying it this morning (the JP version) but went for Kuma Tomo instead. Wish my finances could extend to both. The game looks ace in 3D.

But I've only heard rumours of it coming over but no confirmations that it was at E3.

The publisher hinted at some sort of E3 reveal a month or two before the event, but I just assumed it didn't eventuate as I haven't heard anything since. Maybe I'm just out of the loop, I don't know.

Just curious--are the JP trailers 60FPS?

BriBri

The publisher hinted at some sort of E3 reveal a month or two before the event, but I just assumed it didn't eventuate as I haven't heard anything since. Maybe I'm just out of the loop, I don't know.

Just curious--are the JP trailers 60FPS?
I'm the most untechnical person so can only say it looks fine to me. Hope someone else with a Japanese 3DS can help! Sorry!

And has anybody played both Sayonara Umihara Kawase and Ninja JaJaMaru-kun? Two platformer a releasing on the same day is a tough choice. Plus the latter is only ¥3,800 on the eShop.

Refyref

Jeremy Parish and TinyCartridge talked about it being demoed in secret at E3:

https://twitter.com/tinycartridge/status/347407425537728513
https://twitter.com/gamespite/status/347425894031294466
https://twitter.com/tinycartridge/status/347438766006337538

However, it looks like it might not have a localization confirmed yet, even though it's looking likely:

https://twitter.com/gamespite/status/347439507127287808

@MUWANdo

Banned
I'm the most untechnical person so can only say it looks fine to me. Hope someone else with a Japanese 3DS can help! Sorry!

And has anybody played both Sayonara Umihara Kawase and Ninja JaJaMaru-kun? Two platformer a releasing on the same day is a tough choice. Plus the latter is only ¥3,800 on the eShop.

Don't sweat it.

I don't really know a whole lot about the new Jajamaru-kun game, except that it's at least partially based on a long-cancelled DS game.

I can tell you that Umihara got a much better Famitsu score than Ninja--8/9/9/8 versus 7/7/7/6.

Jeremy Parish and TinyCartridge talked about it being demoed it secret at E3:

https://twitter.com/tinycartridge/status/347407425537728513
https://twitter.com/gamespite/status/347425894031294466
https://twitter.com/tinycartridge/status/347438766006337538

However, it looks like it might not still have a localization confirmed, even though it's looking likely:

https://twitter.com/gamespite/status/347439507127287808

Cool, thanks for this.

squid

Man, I wish Nintendo would hurry up with the Wii U VC. So annoyed they're drip-feeding them through again :-( I want to play N64 and GameCube games on the GamePad!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Would really like to see Sayonara Umihara Kawase come over to the US, even as an eShop download exclusive. Looks like a decent game. A shame none of the PS1 games made it over as imports on PSN.

If D&D up isn't today, guess it'll be out next week.....hopefully.

Man, I wish Nintendo would hurry up with the Wii U VC. So annoyed they're drip-feeding them through again :-( I want to play N64 and GameCube games on the GamePad!

I try my best to forget it's VC Thursday every week, in hopes that I'll be pleasantly surprised when I remember later on... it's worked a few times in the past month or two.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Would really like to see Sayonara Umihara Kawase come over to the US, even as an eShop download exclusive. Looks like a decent game. A shame none of the PS1 games made it over as imports on PSN.

You can still buy the PSX game from JP PSN, or import the DS compilation.

I guess no one posted the NA PR yet?

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - JUNE 20, 2013

June 20, 2013

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U™
New Super Luigi U™ – Luigi™ takes center stage in his first starring role in a platform adventure. Show off your skills in this large-scale downloadable content for New Super Mario Bros.™ U that features Luigi's classic high jump and more than 80 challenging new courses – it's almost an entirely new game! The challenging adventure can be purchased via the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U system and requires the New Super Mario Bros. Ugame to play. The retail version of New Super Luigi U that does not require New Super Mario Bros. U to play will be available on Aug. 25.

Game & Wario – Use the Wii U GamePad controller in uproarious new ways to tackle a series of wild challenges. In combination with the TV, use the motion-sensing GamePad to skillfully slalom down slopes, fire at invading robots and aliens, and take pictures of suspected felons. Play games to earn bragging rights among your friends and to also earn special coins to redeem for WarioWare™ prizes. With a wide assortment of truly unique games and hilarious game play that could only come from a game starring Wario, everyone will want to play again and again. Game & Wario will be available in the Nintendo eShop at midnight on June 23.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™
Project X Zone™ – For the first time ever, characters from some of the most historic franchises in video game history come together in one epic adventure. Play as more than 50 of your favorite characters from NAMCO BANDAI, SEGA and Capcom, and watch them interact in dream scenarios. Project X Zone is the ultimate strategy RPG that combines the greatest collection of characters ever seen in a video game. Project X Zone will be available on June 25.

LEGO® Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey – Join Laval the lion and his friends on an action-packed journey as you explore the world of Chima and fight to defeat the power-hungry Cragger. Explore the Lion Temple, Eagle Spire, Gorilla Forrest and other fantastical lands, and harness the power of CHI to leap, swing, fly and fight through 15 levels of intense action. LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journeywill be available on June 25.

New Super Luigi U Club Nintendo Promotion
Download New Super Luigi U and Earn Double Coins – Club Nintendo is celebrating the launch of the New Super Luigi U DLC on June 20 with a bonus Coin offer and more. Members who purchase the DLC and complete their registration survey by Aug. 1 will earn double Coins.

Nintendo eShop Sale
Little Inferno – Congratulations on your new Little Inferno Entertainment Fireplace! For a limited time, download the game in the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U at a discounted price of $4.99 until 9 a.m. PT on June 26.

Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo – A super big sale for a super little game. Stash your nuts away for winter in this awesome platform adventure. Download Super Little Acorns 3D Turboin the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS system at a discounted price of $3.99 until 9 a.m. PT on July 8.

Also new this week:
• Mario Bros.™ (Virtual Console™ on Wii U)
• Wrecking Crew™ (Virtual Console on Wii U)
• Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games™ (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• BUGS vs. TANKS!™ (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Farming Simulator 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Defenders of Oasis (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
• Mega Man 6™ (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
• Sonic Blast (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
• Tails Adventure (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
• Rhythm Core Alpha 2™ (DSiWare™ on Nintendo DSi™ / Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
PR wasn't showing up for me on the press site.

Weird that D&D isn't coming today. Perhaps next week, then. It's still in the approval process, so that'd explain why it wasn't released this week with the other versions.

Little Inferno for $5 is tempting. Isn't the normal price $10 or $15?

zigg

Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo – A super big sale for a super little game. Stash your nuts away for winter in this awesome platform adventure. Download Super Little Acorns 3D Turboin the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS system at a discounted price of $3.99 until 9 a.m. PT on July 8.
Ah, so this is why it isn't discounted yet. Saw it on Tiny Cartridge, went to eShop, confusion set in.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Lego Legend of Chima: Javal's Journey seems to be already available to buy on European eShop, despite the fact the retail version's out tomorrow. Why XD

Glass Joe

Hmm so no D&D and only Mario Bros. and Wrecking Crew on the eShop huh? Poop. Oh well at least those two releases are out of the way.

I was also hoping for a PR mention of the Plaza for 3DS which America doesn't have. I wonder what the hold up is?

Still, we have Luigi, which will be a nice bargain at $20. And Game & Wario confirmed for Sunday at midnight for $40 is looking appealing too.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to sell me on Little Inferno? It looks like it might be fun, but it also looks like a time waster rather than a game.

GulAtiCa

Anyone want to sell me on Little Inferno? It looks like it might be fun, but it also looks like a time waster rather than a game.
More of both, but I really enjoyed it. I think I spent 7 hours on getting it 100%. Fun little game. The combos make for some fun effects. I recommend it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, Bugs Vs. Tanks is the Guild 02 game by Inafune. Might wait for a sale since the Guild 01 games were discounted eventually.

Morts

Its a steal at that price. Its mostly a physics toy where the "game" comes from figuring out the item combos from the hints. Also surprisingly charming and atmospheric for what it is.

The Wii U VC trickle continues...

Honestly that is what I was most disappointed about at E3, no mention of VC at all. It's Nintendo's biggest advantage imo and really easy money for them.

The Wii U VC trickle continues...
This week sucks for sure, but Wii U has honestly been better than I expected overall. Way better than 3DS at least:

Pre-launch
-Balloon Fight (30¢ promo)
-F-Zero (30¢ promo)
-Punch-Out!! featuring Mr. Dream (30¢ promo)
-Kirby's Adventure (30¢ promo)

Week 1
-Donkey Kong Jr.
-Excitebike
-Ice Climber
-Super Mario World

Week 2
-Mega Man
-Pac-Man

Week 3
-Solomon's Key
-Xevious

Week 4
-Super Metroid (30¢ promo)
-Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
-Super Mario Bros. 2

Week 5
-Kirby's Dream Course
-Kirby's Dream Land 3
-Kirby Super Star

Week 6
-Ghosts 'n Goblins
-Mega Man X

Week 7
-Spelunker

Week 8
-Mega Man 2
-Mega Man 3
-Mega Man 4
-Yoshi (30¢ promo)

Week 9
-Mario Bros.
-Wrecking Crew

The fact that the 3DS VC is even getting console games is a bad sign, they should be finishing GB, GBC and adding GBA before they start giving us SMB for the millionth time.

I remember during the Wii days thinking how lucky Nintendo fans are for getting all the classic games while Sony's efforts were paltry in comparison.

Now I just wonder what happened. Gamecube on VC seems like an impossibilty at this point. Especially any hope of something third party.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Top Bottom