• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My HDD stopped working. I was having problems until I made sure the main cable was plugged into the top USB port on the back, and now it's barely working again.

It will come on for a minute if I'm lucky before losing power, and sometimes it won't even load the stuff on the drive even though it turns on.

I just unplugged so I could play Mario Kart without it shutting off, and now I don't know if I'll be able to download my free game.

L~A

The box says USB 3.0 and 2.0... does that mean it's optimised for both?

I'm surprised the boxing game hasn't been shown yet. It's out in 2 days!

First online boxing game with 2 motion+ deserves a little bit of hype :)

I believe there's some footage on the Japanese website. Think Nintendo Everything got a video, you should check it out.

They do eshop maintenance monthly people. :p

Not quite. Last one was on March 31st (Europe time), and that was the day just before a new Wii U update was released. Not that I'm expecting anything major anyway, I've just been dying to finally see that mysterious web eShop. I want it so badly ;__;

Is it small like it has a laptop drive? Or is it bigger?

I can echo what the other person said that those small USB 2.0 portable drives work fine without a Y cable but USB 3.0 definitely requires it.

Exactly.

USB 3.0 allows stuff to get more power through a single USB port, so most HDD are designed to take advantage of that, in order to get better speeds and whatnot. Problem is: it only works on USB 3.0 ports, so if you're using a 2.0 USB port, the HDD won't get enough power (because it was designed with the amount of power meant for a USB 3.0 port).

Basically, a Y cable splits the data and power "streams": one end gets the data, the other the power. That's how it manages to work properly on a 2.0 port.

Posted in the buy sell trade thread, but no takers so I thought I'd post here if thats alright.

I can get either a code for $20 PSN or XBL credit by buying the codes off of amazon since I only have amazon credit. In return I ask for a $20 eShop code. Please I want my Shovel Knight!

Some more stuff announced for Wii U eShop today.

Legends of Valtria I think this actually might be Gaffer-made?

jpU9rk6h.jpg

Shiny the Firefly looks to be a port of an iOS game

Bq6JoStCYAI0jzd.jpg

The Roving Rouge
- 2D old school platformer
- multiplayer up to four people
- guide your player to the exit through a collapsing castle full of lava
- developed by a group of students that won the iDEAME U contest
- releases exclusively on Wii U later this year

All of this via: GoNintendo

BooJoh

Has anyone who entered the Nintendo Video Kirby contest won? I'm just wondering when/how winners will be notified since I don't recall them specifying it anywhere.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Is the 3DS-dan a thing? I'd like to join. Picked up 2 games and my friends pretty awesome (for a Zelda fan) 3DS. It was hell trying to get these games, I had to go to Target and Gamestop and Gift Cards and Refunds and Price Matching but, I got them both for under $60, and I call that a success. I intend on getting at the very least 4 more physical games before I eventually return it. And I don't think I can quite say enough how awesome the Bravely Default cover is, even if the in game representation of the cover faerie is a bit lame in comparison. This one is going to be sitting on the top of my media stacks for a long long time. I was surprised to see a "Phoenix Down" when I was browsing through the shop. I don't know what to think about that.

Only disappointing thing so far, the 3DS Suspend features are sooooooo bad. Might as well not exist since you can't do anything productive while the game is running.

And, will Super Smash 3DS have the ability for more than 1 person to play off a cart?

Hope you enjoy those games. They're among my favorites on 3DS and both are chock-full of content. Add Fire Emblem Awakening and you'll be set for a long time.

Only disappointing thing so far, the 3DS Suspend features are sooooooo bad. Might as well not exist since you can't do anything productive while the game is running.

What do you mean by this? While a game is running you can browse the internet, use the ntoes feature and check Miiverse (basically, go into any of the apps at the top of the bottom screen). All the StreetPass and SpotPass features will still work if you are on the home screen or with the 3DS closed. I'm not sure what else is needed.

And, will Super Smash 3DS have the ability for more than 1 person to play off a cart?

I don't think that's known yet but I expect it won't. At least not without severe limitations and/or terrible loading times. Speaking of multiplayer, get Steel Diver Sub Wars for free on the eShop. It's a good game and it's free, so you don't have to make friends buy anything to play with them.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Coolasj, glad to see you're a person of exquisite taste, though I already suspected as much from reading your posts in the psn thread :)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Seems like Bike Rider DX2 Galaxy also releases on 7/3 for the Wii U eShop (I assume this announcement was for the US, but I can't say I'm sure?)

tolkir

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Having a blast with Project X zone!! :D

Eu guys should pick it up if ots still on sale

Has anyone who entered the Nintendo Video Kirby contest won? I'm just wondering when/how winners will be notified since I don't recall them specifying it anywhere.
Dinosaur office was a similar affair. See if you can find any winners of that.

I don't think that's known yet but I expect it won't. At least not without severe limitations and/or terrible loading times. Speaking of multiplayer, get Steel Diver Sub Wars for free on the eShop. It's a good game and it's free, so you don't have to make friends buy anything to play with them.
That needs an NNID which if there not already one set up is a very bad idea to set up on a borrowed system.
Edit: Also the free version has the limitation of matches cost 2 play coins and you are limited to 5 a day.

69wpm

Is it small like it has a laptop drive? Or is it bigger?

I can echo what the other person said that those small USB 2.0 portable drives work fine without a Y cable but USB 3.0 definitely requires it.

It's 2.5 inch. Do you mean the 1.8 inch ones? Maybe they do work without an y-cable.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So no Ubi sale in europe ? Well guess i wll have to wait for Rayman Legends.

cacildo

I got the Splinter Cell 3ds game at the ubisoft sale.

I know everybody hates this game, but i played a little bit and im enjoying it.... I always wanted a 3rd person action game on my 3ds, it seems its the genre its always missing...

Plus, for 7.50, its the best price i would get on amazon anyway...

The only problem: the download was like 25000 blocks or something.....

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I got the Splinter Cell 3ds game at the ubisoft sale.

I know everybody hates this game, but i played a little bit and im enjoying it.... I always wanted a 3rd person action game on my 3ds, it seems its the genre its always missing...

Plus, for 7.50, its the best price i would get on amazon anyway...

The only problem: the download was like 25000 blocks or something.....

So weird that Ubi only ported this title over to 3DS - i wasnt a big fan of it, but i thought that maybe they would bring games like Beyond Good and Evil or the PS2/Cube/Xbox Prince of Persia games on 3DS, but they dropped their support quickly after the lackluster launch year.

cacildo

So weird that Ubi only ported this title over to 3DS - i wasnt a big fan of it, but i thought that maybe they would bring games like Beyond Good and Evil or the PS2/Cube/Xbox Prince of Persia games on 3DS, but they dropped their support quickly after the lackluster launch year.

Pretty sad... and come to think of it, its the same thing they´re doing with WiiU

Beyond Good and Evil on 3ds.... something i just discovered that i want

NOE lot check and translation adds time (operations guide at minimum, though I think NOE handles these internally). IIRC they have all the ratings they need already (if not it could take months) so once those steps are done they are good to launch.

I don't think Shovel Knight was ever going to be a retail game, but it'll be on the eShop at the same time as Steam/PC. People who backed it on Kickstarter have already been playing it.

from an update posted 2 days ago:

"This week’s release on 3DS and Wii U is for North American regions only. This week’s release of the game on PC/Steam is international. Behind all of this launch excitement, we’re still hard at work preparing the game for more and more locations. At this point, ratings are complete and localization is in process. We’ll be sure to keep you all updated once we have more information!

Let the flurry begin! It's gonna be a crazy week!"

RiggyRob

All we've got is "Europe release TBC" for the eShop.

NOE lot check and translation adds time (operations guide at minimum, though I think NOE handles these internally). IIRC they have all the ratings they need already (if not it could take months) so once those steps are done they are good to launch.

from an update posted 2 days ago:

"This week’s release on 3DS and Wii U is for North American regions only. This week’s release of the game on PC/Steam is international. Behind all of this launch excitement, we’re still hard at work preparing the game for more and more locations. At this point, ratings are complete and localization is in process. We’ll be sure to keep you all updated once we have more information!

Let the flurry begin! It's gonna be a crazy week!"

Well, shit.

GulAtiCa

Europe sucks when it comes to releasing things I've heard. Cause of dumb ratings and costs.. Heard you need to pay upto few hundred for both UK & PEGI ratings. Australia is even worse. I think I heard from the Chasing Aurora people that it was a $500 rating cost each time... All the while ESRB is free, painless, and takes a quick 5 seconds to fill out a VERY SHORT form.. Persionally, I am planing on waiting a bit for money from NA release of my game before tackling those regions (esp since this is my first time doing so, so I'm taking it slow)

Anyways, looks like July 2nd/3rd looks to be quite the indie party for Wii U! I now know of at least 4 indie games releasing for Wii U that week (including mine). Kinda wish I picked a different date. :lol

RiggyRob

Posted in the buy sell trade thread, but no takers so I thought I'd post here if thats alright.

I can get either a code for $20 PSN or XBL credit by buying the codes off of amazon since I only have amazon credit. In return I ask for a $20 eShop code. Please I want my Shovel Knight!

If it's alright, I'll cross-post from the Buy/Sell/Trade thread too:

I'm selling a UK Wind Waker HD digital download code for Wii U for £30 via Paypal if anyone's interested. I got it as part of the Wind Waker Wii U bundle, but I also bought the physical disc with Ganondorf figurine so I have no need for it.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Hope you enjoy those games. They're among my favorites on 3DS and both are chock-full of content. Add Fire Emblem Awakening and you'll be set for a long time.
What do you mean by this? While a game is running you can browse the internet, use the ntoes feature and check Miiverse (basically, go into any of the apps at the top of the bottom screen). All the StreetPass and SpotPass features will still work if you are on the home screen or with the 3DS closed. I'm not sure what else is needed.
Pretty sure I'm holding multitasking to too high of a standard. I want to browse the E-Shop, mess with settings, and use other apps that aren't games. Then again, Nintendo has pretty heavy "apps" when it comes to Mii stuff and stuff.
Ahh yes, Steel Divers. I remember I really wanted to play this. In fact, it's downloading right now. Had to make a NNID for it too : coolasj19. Add me or whatever. I'll download the M&L Dream Team demo too. And honestly, I'm just gonna go into Persona Q blind. I'll consider EO after that. The store layout is kind wonky. Really scroll based. But the features in it are great !! The ratings system is pretty great and so is content display (when scrolling vertically at least).
Coolasj, glad to see you're a person of exquisite taste, though I already suspected as much from reading your posts in the psn thread :)
Hehe. I know what I want from this 3DS.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If you're in Murica you need to buy Shovel Knight. JUST SAyin'

Somnia

Getting my WiiU in Friday and first game I'll buy is Shovel Knight =)

Got $410 in eshop money ready to be spent... mario kart 8 w/ free pikmin 3, donkey kong, mario world, w101 and zelda HD for sure (mario u and luigi u in box). Also going to get Earthbound, after that I dunno.

I use to have a WiiU last year, but it got fried in an electrical thing and I never got around to rebuying it (long story, dont ask lol). So excited as I've missed so many great games, honestly I don't see myself even touching my ps4 till next year at this point and even then it's limited in what I want. Nintendo about to own me again, great times ahead!

Sify64

Anyways, looks like July 2nd/3rd looks to be quite the indie party for Wii U! I now know of at least 4 indie games releasing for Wii U that week (including mine). Kinda wish I picked a different date. :lol
i thought the developers could still switch the dates if they wanted to?
No wonder the eshop has been stacked with releases lately.

GulAtiCa

i thought the developers could still switch the dates if they wanted to?
No wonder the eshop has been stacked with releases lately.

We can choose our dates, but this date is already confirmed, and rather just get it out without risking a delay further then 1 more week (since game is technically already 3 months delayed. lol)

And who knows if July 10th has a bunch of releases too. :p

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Hehe. I know what I want from this 3DS.

Hehe

Keep an open mind, try out titles like pushmo/crashmo, attack of the friday monsters, vvvvvv and project x zone

It has lots and lots to offer, this system

GRW810

Getting my WiiU in Friday and first game I'll buy is Shovel Knight =)

Got $410 in eshop money ready to be spent... mario kart 8 w/ free pikmin 3, donkey kong, mario world, w101 and zelda HD for sure (mario u and luigi u in box). Also going to get Earthbound, after that I dunno.

I use to have a WiiU last year, but it got fried in an electrical thing and I never got around to rebuying it (long story, dont ask lol). So excited as I've missed so many great games, honestly I don't see myself even touching my ps4 till next year at this point and even then it's limited in what I want. Nintendo about to own me again, great times ahead!
How much in eShop credit?!

We can choose our dates, but this date is already confirmed, and rather just get it out without risking a delay further then 1 more week (since game is technically already 3 months delayed. lol)

And who knows if July 10th has a bunch of releases too. :p
So what is out on the 3rd?

Your game, Monkey Pirates, Bombing Bastards...what else?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Also it seems like Bombing Bastards is also releasing 7/3. So our future release schedule looks like this:

Future eShop releases (for NA):
Shovel Knight - 6/26/2014
Monkey Pirates - 6/26/2014
Wii Sports Club Boxing - 6/26/2014
Wii Sports Club Baseball - 6/26/2014

Guacamelee - 7/2/2014
Armillo - 7/3/2014
Zacisa's Last Stand - 7/3/2014
Poker Dice Solitaire Future - 7/3/2014
Bike Rider DX2 Galaxy - 7/3/2014
Bombing Bastards - 7/3/2014

10 games in 2 weeks? That's a lot... Good luck with your release GulAtiCa.

Is the price for Tomodachi Life in the OP for US incorrect? I was just in the eshop the other day and I was sure the game was $34.99 and not $39.99.

Top Bottom