• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

Jucksalbe

Banned
Nope, though I can certainly see some resemblance.
This is actually my first game ever. :)

Ah, well, congrats on your first game! It looks like a game my girlfriend would definitely be interested in, I'll recommend it to her
whenever it'll come to Europe

Flandy

:lol The youtube app is such a piece of shit compared to browser youtube. Can't browse the internet while using it and it doesn't seem to want to display in HD for me >__> Back to the browser I guess

darthvargi

I'm excited to see the new Wii Sports Boxing release tomorrow. I know the original wasn't very accurate, but it did let you dodge punches naturally by moving your body (or cheating and moving the controllers). Even though Sports Champions 2 and Kinect Sports had better boxing games in terms of recognition of your punches, they never had a good natural way to dodge punches. For Sports Champions 2 you had to press a button to move (Same with The Fight Lights Out - which was insanely accurate for punch recognition) and for Kinect Sports it would detect you leaning or ducking but you still would get punched.

If it's alright, I'll cross-post from the Buy/Sell/Trade thread too:

I'm selling a UK Wind Waker HD digital download code for Wii U for £30 via Paypal if anyone's interested. I got it as part of the Wind Waker Wii U bundle, but I also bought the physical disc with Ganondorf figurine so I have no need for it.

Why would you quote me? Made me think I had a trader. :(

If you're in Murica you need to buy Shovel Knight. JUST SAyin'

I would but no one will give me a $20 eShop card for a $20 PSN or XBL card.

Okay.

Yall win.

I'll give TWO $20 PSN or XBL codes for a total of $40 in exchange for a $35 eShop code. OR a $20 code for three $5 Nintendo Deluxe codes OR a $20 code for a backer copy if its possible to give me those codes.

Please...time is running out, and only you can save me from the embarresment of spending $1,500 on amazon gift cards and not having $20 for a eShop card. (lol)

Why would you quote me? Made me think I had a trader. :(

I would but no one will give me a $20 eShop card for a $20 PSN or XBL card.

Okay.

Yall win.

I'll give TWO $20 PSN or XBL codes for a total of $40 in exchange for a $35 eShop code. OR a $20 code for three $5 Nintendo Deluxe codes OR a $20 code for a backer copy if its possible to give me those codes.

Please...time is running out, and only you can save me from the embarresment of spending $1,500 on amazon gift cards and not having $20 for a eShop card. (lol)
Hmm I'm going to work @ 10 AM PST tomorrow and they sell $20 and $50 codes

I can get you one I'm just trying to think what would be the best form of payment hmm

n64coder

BUFFALO HD-PE500U2

Do you still have a Wii and are you able to try the drive there? Did you also try plugging the drive into a different port on the back of the Wii U?

I looked at your specs for your drive and it says 2.5W max so that's within the USB 2.0 rating of 5v, 500mA. I also saw some posts where people had trouble with the drive because their ports did not put out enough power (e.g, the front ports on a computer).

I had always thought it was a USB 2.0 vs 3.0 difference because I never had trouble with a USB 2.0 only drive with my Wii/Wii U.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Are Wii U eshop codes region free? I've received my Shovel Knight code from YCG despite the game not being released in my region yet (EU)

Is it just me or does Inazuma Eleven have input problems? I don't remember it being this way when I played the DS version. When I try to make a team member move, sometimes the game doesn't respond to the movement I did on the touch-screen. My touch-screen is okay because everything else works, but when I am in a battle the controls seemed to be messed up. Does anyone else have this problem?

evanmisha

Is it just me or does Inazuma Eleven have input problems? I don't remember it being this way when I played the DS version. When I try to make a team member move, sometimes the game doesn't respond to the movement I did on the touch-screen. My touch-screen is okay because everything else works, but when I am in a battle the controls seemed to be messed up. Does anyone else have this problem?

No such problem with my playthrough, and I'd played both the JP DS and PAL DS versions.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Hehe
Keep an open mind, try out titles like pushmo/crashmo, attack of the friday monsters, vvvvvv and project x zone
It has lots and lots to offer, this system
Pushmo I'll check out. AotFM is already on my list. vvvvvvita. Project x Zone at $20 means I'm extremely open minded to it. I should compile my wish list.
:lol The youtube app is such a piece of shit compared to browser youtube. Can't browse the internet while using it and it doesn't seem to want to display in HD for me >__> Back to the browser I guess
Didn't know this. Thanks.

So Steel Divers is just the best thing ever. Gonna have to buy that sooner or later. And Bravely Default is meeting my expectations !! The battle system was a bit odd to get the proper flow around but that Black Mage boss battle pummeling me for an hour and me only being able to use heal 5 time from a lack of MP sure beat it into me. I settled with Defaulting Agnes to 3 SP and using her to heal when any sign of damage showed up. Defaulted Tiz and used Invigorate and then threw 7 attacks of the course of 2 turns at the boss. And then I used Ringabel (just lol at his name, love it), and Edea to deal constant damage. The story is engaging enough so far and the class system is typical, but tried and true.

One question. I'm super spoiler conscious. Should I be reading the Time Journal? Or is it full of rather trivial things?

The 3DS itself presents me a massive problem though. The 3D slider gives me options that I don't like having. I keep trying to find the perfect level and it slips away every so often. And the 3D itself is too much like real life and all it's I can only see such and such from one eye. Like, visual artifacts that annoy me even in real life. And power saving just kinda changes the screens tone it seems. Otherwise, so far so good. Not enough to make me want my own 3DS, which I'll probably get when I look over and realize I own too many games for it, but good nonetheless.

Is there going to be a Super Cool Special Edition Super Smash 3DS Bundle?

Flandy

Pushmo I'll check out. AotFM is already on my list. vvvvvvita. Project x Zone at $20 means I'm extremely open minded to it. I should compile my wish list.

Didn't know this. Thanks.

So Steel Divers is just the best thing ever. Gonna have to buy that sooner or later. And Bravely Default is meeting my expectations !! The battle system was a bit odd to get the proper flow around but that Black Mage boss battle pummeling me for an hour and me only being able to use heal 5 time from a lack of MP sure beat it into me. I settled with Defaulting Agnes to 3 SP and using her to heal when any sign of damage showed up. Defaulted Tiz and used Invigorate and then threw 7 attacks of the course of 2 turns at the boss. And then I used Ringabel (just lol at his name, love it), and Edea to deal constant damage. The story is engaging enough so far and the class system is typical, but tried and true.

One question. I'm super spoiler conscious. Should I be reading the Time Journal? Or is it full of rather trivial things?

The 3DS itself presents me a massive problem though. The 3D slider gives me options that I don't like having. I keep trying to find the perfect level and it slips away every so often. And the 3D itself is too much like real life and all it's I can only see such and such from one eye. Like, visual artifacts that annoy me even in real life. And power saving just kinda changes the screens tone it seems. Otherwise, so far so good. Not enough to make me want my own 3DS, which I'll probably get when I look over and realize I own too many games for it, but good nonetheless.

Is there going to be a Super Cool Special Edition Super Smash 3DS Bundle?

Talking about the Wii U not the 3DS

69wpm

Do you still have a Wii and are you able to try the drive there? Did you also try plugging the drive into a different port on the back of the Wii U?

I looked at your specs for your drive and it says 2.5W max so that's within the USB 2.0 rating of 5v, 500mA. I also saw some posts where people had trouble with the drive because their ports did not put out enough power (e.g, the front ports on a computer).

I had always thought it was a USB 2.0 vs 3.0 difference because I never had trouble with a USB 2.0 only drive with my Wii/Wii U.

I don't have a Wii anymore. Tried both ports on the back, I won't try the ones on the front because that clicking noise from the HD is freaking me out and I don't want to damage it.

L~A

Wii U Download

Wii Sports Club Baseball/Boxing
Shovel Knight
Monkey Pirates
BrickBlast U!
My Jurassic Farm
My Arctic Farm

Wii U Virtual Console

Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse

3DS Download

Shovel Knight
Toy Stunt Bike
Skypeace
Plain Video Poker
Hidden Expedition Titanic
Cocoro – Line Defender

3DS Virtual Console

Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse

3DS Demos

Toy Stunt Bike
Quell Reflect

DSiWare

Anne’s Doll Studio: Antique Collection
Anne’s Doll Studio: Lolita Collection
Anne’s Doll Studio: Princess Collection
ANONYMOUS NOTES CHAPTER 4 – FROM THE ABYSS
Mysterious Stars: The Samurai

eShop sales

Ubisoft Summer Game Sale – Select Ubisoft Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games are on sale in the Nintendo eShop at up to 75 percent off. This offer is valid until 9 a.m. PT on July 7.
ATLUS Games – ATLUS is discounting select games in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including Code of Princess and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. Check them out now! This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on July 7.
Urban Trial Freestyle – Race through a wide range of urban environments in this fresh take on the action-bike-racer genre. Starting today through 9 a.m. PT on July 10, Urban Trial Freestyle is 60 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
Nordic Games – For a limited time, select games from Nordic Games are on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, including Darksiders II. Visit the Nintendo eShop for full details. This offer is available until 9 a.m. PT on July 8.
Disney’s Frozen: Olaf’s Quest – For a limited time, Disney’s Frozen: Olaf’s Quest is available at the discounted price of $19.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on July 31.

Via Nintendo Everything

L~A

Wait a second, Shovel Knight is not available in EU eShop? why? WHY?

Because, I somewhat quote "it's not ready" (don't have any specifics, might want to check their Twitter account for that). They don't have an ETA either. Doesn't matter if you backed up the game on Kickstarter or not. So if you're in Europe, only choice to play the game today is to buy it on PC.

So, is Shovel Knight godly? Was it worth the ridiculous (hype scheme) wait?

I would respond with a resounding yes. It's fantastic. It's easily the best NES-inspired independent game. Unlike being a poser it actually pays homage to several classics but without feeling like a ripoff or copy and the gameplay is super tight and fun.

Weren't Wii Sports Boxing and Baseball supposed to go up for Europe today? I got the free game time but can't access the new sports.

Because, I somewhat quote "it's not ready" (don't have any specifics, might want to check their Twitter account for that). They don't have an ETA either. Doesn't matter if you backed up the game on Kickstarter or not. So if you're in Europe, only choice to play the game today is to buy it on PC.
I read their tweets, my question is "since it's the same software, how can it be not ready? even to the point of not having a release date?". Maybe it has to do with PEGI ratings, like 1001 spikes.

One page ago.

from an update posted 2 days ago:

"This week’s release on 3DS and Wii U is for North American regions only. This week’s release of the game on PC/Steam is international. Behind all of this launch excitement, we’re still hard at work preparing the game for more and more locations. At this point, ratings are complete and localization is in process. We’ll be sure to keep you all updated once we have more information!

Let the flurry begin! It's gonna be a crazy week!"

Theres your Shovel Knight in Europe news. I bolded the handy bit.

So many people are blaming PEGI when the ratings are done is a bit sad.

One page ago.

Theres your Shovel Knight in Europe news. I bolded the handy bit.

So many people are blaming PEGI when the ratings are done is a bit sad.
PEGI was just a guess, I don't know because no one knows, not even the developers
JLMeCGU.png
"We'll let you know when we have more info", about their own game that they delayed twice. I'm not blaming anyone, but this was a serious bummer, I basically didn't start any game during the last 2 weeks just because of this release.

BooJoh

I'm still not clear whether I should Shovel Knight on 3DS or Wii U.

From what I understand, 3DS has 3D and StreetPass arena (small 5 second pre-recorded battles that face off against each other) while Wii U has Miiverse integration. The Wii U version will also have (I don't know if it's in for launch or as a free update later) a local vs battle mode.

I'd probably double-dip if it were $10 but I'm thinking 3DS now and maybe Wii U later.

I'd like Castlevania...but lack of cross buy means no buy. Money loss on your end Nintendo.

I think it's a real pity that Nintendo hasn't yet subscribed to cross-buy, especially with virtual console games. However I do think it's coming, especially as they continue to unify their online space (Miiverse merging Wii U and 3DS, universal eshop credit, etc.). It's just, as per usual with Nintendo, patience must be employed. Sometimes I wonder if they even realize how good of a service the virtual console could be with way more offerings, cross-buy, etc. I don't know that it would ever be a huge selling point for them, but people love the idea of having access to a huge library of virtual console games, especially if you can play them on any related platform.

I complain about the VC as much as I can in the Club Nintendo surveys, but I know it goes ignored. I just hate seeing the awesome potential of the service wasted by incompetence and the lack of forethought.

Robin64

For what it's worth, a developer can implement cross but if they want. We have seen with Pullblox World that the system is in place to change the price of a Wii U game once a 3Ds one has been purchased (and vice versa) so If a developer really wanted to, they could set the price to 0 when the game has been purchased on another platform.

Nintendo should definitely do this with VC, of course, but why didn't Shovel Knight? Or Another World?

Rizzi

Is there anything super amazing on the EU eShop for the Wii U that I should buy? I bought Toki Tori 2 because it was $4.

Haines

Banned
For what it's worth, a developer can implement cross but if they want. We have seen with Pullblox World that the system is in place to change the price of a Wii U game once a 3Ds one has been purchased (and vice versa) so If a developer really wanted to, they could set the price to 0 when the game has been purchased on another platform.

Nintendo should definitely do this with VC, of course, but why didn't Shovel Knight? Or Another World?

Why would they. 2 different versions. Games cost money and they want your money.

Crossbuy is nice but we are not entitled to it.

Anyways, do you guys think we will see earthbound go on sale ever. I've waited since it launched and nothing.

Robin64

Why would they. 2 different versions. Games cost money and they want your money.

Crossbuy is nice but we are not entitled to it.

Anyways, do you guys think we will see earthbound go on sale ever. I've waited since it launched and nothing.

I didn't say we were entitled to it. I was pointing out that the the system supports it if people want to use it, it's not just "Nintendo won't allow this" as some people think.

The fact it hasn't really been used just shows that the real reason is devs don't want to use it.

I think it's a real pity that Nintendo hasn't yet subscribed to cross-buy, especially with virtual console games. However I do think it's coming, especially as they continue to unify their online space (Miiverse merging Wii U and 3DS, universal eshop credit, etc.). It's just, as per usual with Nintendo, patience must be employed. Sometimes I wonder if they even realize how good of a service the virtual console could be with way more offerings, cross-buy, etc. I don't know that it would ever be a huge selling point for them, but people love the idea of having access to a huge library of virtual console games, especially if you can play them on any related platform.

I complain about the VC as much as I can in the Club Nintendo surveys, but I know it goes ignored. I just hate seeing the awesome potential of the service wasted by incompetence and the lack of forethought.

While I suspect an element of the above in the way the VC has been handled, I'd also point to the fact that Nintendo are being squeezed dry trying to support two platforms with original games near-singlehanded, managing updates and support for two separate OSes and everything else besides.

Putting more resources into managing and improving their VC services must be fairly low down the priority list for the company, given that anything put into that takes away from somewhere else.

What they should be doing - and arguably should have done well before now - is signed up with a partner firm to manage the VC service for them, handling necessary technical work, emulation and licensing. I'd hope something like that is in the pipeline, especially with the looming prospect of a shared OS/merged platform (going off public statements and company reorganisation here).

Refyref

Shovel Knight so soon!

sörine;118327457 said:
NES and Famicom versions used different mapper chips. They mostly look and play the same but the VR6 based Fami version sounds way better.

While the soundtrack in the Famicom version is more technologically advanced, whether it actually sounds better is up to the player. Despite having less instruments playing concurrently, I think the NES version of the soundtrack has a better selection of sounds in the music. But as I said, this is a preference that will change from person to person. Unlike Castlevania 2, which I doubt anyone will consider the Famicom soundtrack as good as the NES soundtrack, despite being better technologically.

Top Bottom