• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

BooJoh

Back in December Castlevania 1 didn't get the discount right away either. Just wait until it gets fixed. You can email Nintendo about it but you'll just get a canned response or have them tell you to make sure you own it on Wii.

Flandy

It really depends on what you're looking for, they'll be so different. I haven't tried Shovel Knight yet but I hear the play time is 6-8 hours for the main story. Lego City will be closer to 25-30 hours.
Yeah I was disappointed with the length of Shovel Knight and considered not buying it yet because of that, but I said fuck it after thinking about it for a bit. Going to redeem my eShop card that I bought and buy it soon

BooJoh

I must say, while I'm still strongly considering double-dipping for the option of bigscreen play, Shovel Knight on 3DS has probably the absolute best non-gameplay 3D effects in a 2D 3DS game. Nothing is blurry or glitchy looking, there's lots of layers, particle effects splash into the foreground, I've even seen a certain dancer NPC move between 3 different layers to my delight. And unlike some other cross-platform retro-styled games, this one even has tons of layers in the retro-style static cutscenes. Phenomenal. You can really tell that they put a lot of care into it and there's nothing lazy about the 3D effects in this game.

Flandy

Curious. Do eShop games automatically add Club Nintendo coins to your account or are they only added once you take the survey?

GulAtiCa

Wow Gulatica, you're really getting stiff competition next week.

1 more title releasing for the Wii U eShop 7/3 - Internal Invasion

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/231912-internal-invasion-slated-for-wii-u-eshop-release

Any reason they aren't spreading this out a bit more? Currently there are tons of releases for next week (7, Guac on 7/2 and the rest on 7/3), but 0 for the week after so far right?

It's cause we all individually choose that date. Quite the funny coincidence.

Yeah, the competition does make me a little worried. Hopefully all our games are shown on main page, even if little block. But my game being on the lower end of price scale ($2.99) should hopefully influence things my way.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
With TTT2 still being on sale in europe - is Tekken Ball a WIiU exklusive or also on the PS3/360 version ?

Tom_Cody

I've been interested in Dragon Quest Wars since it was first released for the DSi 5 years ago. While it bears the DQ name, it was developed by Intelligent Systems. I was fully expecting the announcement of a new Wars game at E3 and, in the absense if that, I decide to go back and look at titles in the series that I had missed. Dragon Quest Wars is the only title in the Wars series available on the eShop and, at $5, it wasn't too hard for me to pull the trigger last night. It doesn't hurt that I'm a fan of the DQ series as well.

Now I know why no one talks about this game. First off, it is nothing like the Advance Wars series. The gameplay is pretty interesting and fun, but it is a very limited system. And there's a reason for that. The entire single player experience consists of 10 training missions. That's it. I went through it in a bout an hour. Right when I thought the game was going to open up it was over. There is online and local multiplayer but the online multiplayer seems to have expired and I doubt I will ever meet another human who would want to play this in person.

Oh well, $5 wasted. At least I got to satisfy that curiosity.

Now I need to hunt down a copy of one of the other games in the series.

GRW810

Just about to download it myself.

(Though that's because it was made in Construct 2, which is the same program I used to make my first ever game, so I'm eager to see how it works on the Wii U)
Good luck with your game, especially if you bring it to Wii U. And good luck with a career in making games, if that's what you're aiming for.

It's an interesting little game. Only about 30 to 40 minutes long (for me). It's a physics-based puzzle game, and while there's strategy, it also feels a little bit dependent on luck or some random guessing. I liked it for a dollar, but I'm not sure I would have paid more than that.
Thanks for the impressions. I had a look at the trailer and I'm thinking although it's dirt cheap, that £1.29 can go towards something else I'll actually play extensively.

jmizzal

Question: Is it possible to turn in multiple Free-Game-Codes which come with Mario Kart 8 on the same Nintendo ID?

Yes you can do that

But in order to get more then one game codes, you would need either a family Club Nintendo account or different club nintendo accounts, you cant register multiple mario kart 8 on the same club nintendo account

Phoenixus

Just got an email from Club Nintendo UK with a Tomodatchi Life demo code, wasn't expecting that. Everyone else keep an eye on your emails. :)

RiggyRob

Just got an email from Club Nintendo UK with a Tomodatchi Life demo code, wasn't expecting that. Everyone else keep an eye on your emails. :)

Hey, they just sent me one too. That's freaky - I wasn't planning to play Tomodachi Life at all since it's not my type of game, but I guess I'll give it a go now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes you can do that

But in order to get more then one game codes, you would need either a family Club Nintendo account or different club nintendo accounts, you cant register multiple mario kart 8 on the same club nintendo account

You could also buy the game digitally and physically and register both even on a standard account.

batbeg

Finally ran out of space on my Wii U :( Guess I'll need to start looking for a hard drive for next weeks payday. I was trying to buy stuff to make sure I'll have enough Club Nintendo points to insure I'm platinum, lol.

Flandy

Still have to take the survey.

So if I buy Shovel Knight today I won't get the Coins until July? I'm not sure if I should buy it today because I don't know if I'll have time to play. If I don't get the coins till July anyway I'll buy it now though.

also

Banned
DS:O also has the horrible issue of being a lazy DS up port with the screens basically in reverse of what they should be.

FE:A meanwhile is one of the best 3DS games period.

It will probably never go on serious sale though, but DS:O has been this cheap before and will be this cheap again. They're both worth owning but FE:A is a much better game overall.

Does DS:O have lower production values? Yes. Does it play much better? You bet it does,

I would really like to hear why Awakening is that much better.

Sorry, no DS games unless I can get the digitally. My friends extra DS is shite and I'm not spending money on hardware.
Why should Phoenix Wright be played in order of release? Story reasons? Gameplay evolutions?
I'm dead set on Fire Emblem Awakening. I know I want it, and that makes me almost automatically enjoy it. Having to convince me on another game leads my opinion to solely rest on the quality of the game, I've been disappointed that way. Also, no digital games. Since I never intend on owning a 3DS, I want everything physically. Especially Nintendo's Account Systems being the way that they are. I see Devil Summoner Overclocked for $25 used in places. I'll think about picking it up in a few months or if it drops below $20. Trust me, I love buying digitally, but that's after I meet my boxed games quota (~8).

What's the Gameplay to Story/Cutscene ratio in SMT4? I'm loving Bravely Default but I can't watch Doctor Who or the World Cup at the same time and it makes it really difficult to slot in time for it. I'm only at Chapter 2 though so the pacing my straighten out sooner or later.

It's mostly story reasons; returning characters and references to past events. Especially the first 3 games since they form a trilogy. You could start with 5 (Dual Destinies) since it's kind of a reboot but the game's fan service will be lost on you.

Oh well, I tried. Just make sure to not forget about Overclocked. It would be a real shame to miss out on such a great SRPG.

I personally disagree about Dual Destinies. I'm not sure how you thought it was "too easy", but I honestly loved the game and its story over all but the first game.

I also disagree about Awakening. I still love the game and is easily my most played game on my 3DS. I haven't played Devil Survivor Overclocked to make any judgment about that, but I would just check out both games (Awakening has a demo for example) and see what you like.

It was too easy in the sense that, unlike in the DS games, I basically never got stuck; the contradictions are either obvious or your helper will almost solve the case for you. As a result, cornering witnesses and making them freak out is much less satisfying, though it certainly looks prettier. I wasn't a fan of the limited investigations either; I want to click on everything and read piles of funny dialogue.

You should play Overclocked when you will have the time and/or funds.

Makes me really sad I have to wait to play Shovel Knight. :( Been waiting long enough! Following development since the start. Stupid EU delaying things. :(

All the buzz and stuff will be long gone by the time we get to play it, game will still be great obviously but its just not the same.

terrisus

I've been interested in Dragon Quest Wars since it was first released for the DSi 5 years ago. While it bears the DQ name, it was developed by Intelligent Systems. I was fully expecting the announcement of a new Wars game at E3 and, in the absense if that, I decide to go back and look at titles in the series that I had missed. Dragon Quest Wars is the only title in the Wars series available on the eShop and, at $5, it wasn't too hard for me to pull the trigger last night. It doesn't hurt that I'm a fan of the DQ series as well.

Now I know why no one talks about this game. First off, it is nothing like the Advance Wars series. The gameplay is pretty interesting and fun, but it is a very limited system. And there's a reason for that. The entire single player experience consists of 10 training missions. That's it. I went through it in a bout an hour. Right when I thought the game was going to open up it was over. There is online and local multiplayer but the online multiplayer seems to have expired and I doubt I will ever meet another human who would want to play this in person.

Oh well, $5 wasted. At least I got to satisfy that curiosity.

Now I need to hunt down a copy of one of the other games in the series.

Yeah, I bought that the day it came out, and while I knew I probably wouldn't care for it too much, was still disappointed with it.

We need some real Dragon Quest games to come to the eShop. While I have them all for NES, 1-3 for GBC, and the remake of 4 for DS already, it would be amazing to have Dragon Quest 1-4 permanently saved on my 3DS.

Ondore

So if I buy Shovel Knight today I won't get the Coins until July? I'm not sure if I should buy it today because I don't know if I'll have time to play. If I don't get the coins till July anyway I'll buy it now though.

The first survey (registration) will pop up on your Club Nintendo within a couple of hours of downloading, so you'll be able to do it straight away and get your 20 coins. There'll be a second survey one week later.

schlynch

Are Virtual Console titles tied to the Nintendo ID? So when I buy something on Wii VC and it later becomes available on Wii U, will it be playable on the U as well without an additional purchase?

Top Bottom