• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Press Conference

"Dancing (this one got big cheers?)"

I might have done the same. I thought for certain that it was a joke and they were about to announce 128 (which must not exsist).

Well... um... Nintendo, that was too dull for words. :p Show stuff next time, people are fans of stuff.

Bregor

Zelda looked great.
Rest = meh.

But at least it gave me something to do during the World of Warcraft maintenance.

i cant believe nintendo managed to have a worse confrence than M$.

Horrible stuff. Zelda looked good apart from the whole link being a werewolf thing but that was IT.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Never did a game company need to give a public presentation of change so bad....and perhaps never have they failed so badly. I can't believe that the only interesting content they had was for their worst system in years.

A smaller GBA?!?!

They need new blood so badly. Shame on the Nintendo "insiders".

bitwise

Banned
Afro Thunder said:
Can Nighttrain spills the beans now?

NIghttrain REALLY strung you guys along. Someone should make a "lynch NightTrain" thread. and add folder in their too, his lies didnt come true either.

hyp

SaitoH said:
Nintendo E3 2005: "At least Zelda looks awesome"

quote of the new millenium. VIVA LA REVOLUCION!

on a more serious note... why get all worked up? did you guys really think that nintendo would come out with guns blazing? they've found their niche, which is basically the nostalgic old-school gamer who grew up on super mario. i think they're playing it smart by not going for the hardcore crowd.

lexi

Banned
New Nintendo Rev game announced:

Let's hunt and kill Johnny Nighttrain
Developed by: Gaming Age Forums
(TBA 2006)

fse

The conference was nice. You guys expected a lot. GBmicro is sexy. The Revolution is hot, more news to come hehe :)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
:lol well, i'm glad i didn't brave rush hour traffic for this. i will say that online access to their back catalogue makes a lot of sense, though it's totally meaningless to core gamers. nintendo's old games are their biggest asset, and it's time they leveraged that more completely.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Good lord, that was just about the worst E3 conference I've seen yet. There were a grand total of TWO games that interest me in that entire f*cking event (CV-DS and Zelda) and I knew about both of them prior to this conference.

I'm not even a Nintendo fan and I feel disappointed.

Sony's conference brought tears of excitement...Nintendo's brought tears of pain.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Zerodoppler said:
How can they go on with THE SAME SHIT AS LAST YEAR?
and THIS is why it was disappointing.

DS- check
GBA - check
Zelda - check
Re3volution mention but no info - check

seriously, this was the exact same presentation as last year. what, did they lose all of the notes for this year's rpesentation so just pulled up the files for last year's?

That was AWFUL. I cannot believe they would still choose to show NOTHING.

Zelda looked amazing but WTF Nintendo. Don't TALK, ACT.

They killed Zelda!

What the fuck is with this anime shit!

That new Pokemon game looks like a clone of Pokemon Colosseum.

Is Batallon Wars Nintendo's answer to Mercenaries not being put on the 'cube?

BlueLegs

I can't actually say i thought more would come out of this conference. Nintendo announced their new hardware and didn't bothwe with the new games as they know they don't have anything to sell until after next years E3.

Typical Nintendo.

I want to believe in Nintendo so much but they just don't seem to get it. I've stuck it through the good and the bad but now i must say, i'm very dissapointed in Nintendo. They just lost themselves a fan. Not that i maters to them anyways, cause they never give us what we want.

Sony, i officially join your camp. One console future :'(

"NIghttrain REALLY strung you guys along."

When he hit his stride with the (paraphrasing) "You shouldn't be asking yourself how good metroid looks. You should be asking if it will provide the most immersive experience..." etc. I was certain people would start to ignore him.

Madrin

That was terrible. Oh man, I'm going to implode from disappointment. Worst Nintendo E3 ever. Everyone kill Johnny Nighttrain.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Another GBA... I can't believe it.... wow customizable faceplates... well I guess if it's good enough for cellphones and the X360.

Did they give a release date on the GBA Micro?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Wow, not a single good surprise from Nintendo the whole time. At least Zelda looks great, and New Super Mario Bros looked pretty slick too.

Ah well, at least this week brought us the announcement of a third season of Arrested Development.

I wouldn't really take it as a personal attack,
it could just be that they have nothing to show yet.

Which doesn't exactly fare well for the console either.

Ruh Ruoh.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
So, to recap, the games that received the most stage time were:

- Electroplankton
- Nintendogs

In other news, employees at Nintendo have discovered a powerful new psychotropic drug.

quetz67

Banned
Sure, Nintendo wont "win" this E3, but who cares. They already said this E3 is still mostly about the GC. And if they have some secrets worth to keep, it would be stupid to reveal them now. It doesnt mean the new system is bad. And as long as they show us more about Rev before x360 launch it makes no difference.

AniHawk

dark10x said:
OK, at least this Zelda stuff looks really cool. Good music for a change, a great looking atmosphere, and the potential for a great game. I don't understand the Wolf stuff. Still seems a bit empty, though.

The wolf stuff and the name comes from an actual story.

For anyone just walking in, this was E3 2005 for Nintendo:

For the first 30 minutes:
"HEE HEE! WE HAVE ELECTROPLANKTON!"
*bored IGN guys*
"WE HAVE NINTENDOGS!"
*bored IGN guys*

Following, that:
"We're gonna have THREE games online for the DS by the end of this year. AINT THAT NEATO?"
*random pity applause*
"We also have a new Game Boy. Folder was right!"
*more random pity applause*

Then,
"Here's Revolution, and all its cool online details!"
*Cheering*
"BUT YOU WONT GET TO SEE ANYTHING LIKE THE CONTROLLER OR GAMES UNTIL SPACEWORLD YOU FUCKS HAHAHAHAHA"
*Groaning*

and pretty much groaning from there on through the Zelda trailer, which looks nice.

StRaNgE

Banned
i feel so let down. all that for Zelda only.
i did not think anyone was really even making GBA games anymore, why redesign it into a "micro" when they could have redesigned the DS with an analog nub and color it black.

why , why , why!!!

Odysseus

Banned
In between my Insider feed cutting out on me, giving me no sound at 341kbps, sound at 216kbps, random reconnects at different speeds, did I miss anything?

It seemed like it was the DS party. And my interest in Zelda is waning, since I know it will ultimately be the same tale of woe as always, with Link rescuing the princess from Ganon.

Leatherface

Nintendo is dead to me. Revolution?!! Old beat games and internet. I want to hang Johnny Nighttrain for souping us all up. Same with Matt KissMyAssina. >:|

I feel like a part of me just died. Fuck you Nintendo. =_(

Laurent

Expecting Nintendo to give lots of details about Revolution and showing games when they expect to sales lots of NDS / GCN software until then was stupid. The best thing Nintendo had to do was to explain that "when you'll turn on Revolution, you will say 'WOW!'"...

Downloading ALL past Nintendo consoles releases IS VERY WISE MOVE...

Well, there's a silver lining; Nintendo has officially rendered *me* obsolete. :(

I suspect that Nintendo pulled a bunch of Rev content from the press conference in order to avoid a lackluster concrete announcement under the shadow of the PS3 parade. Completely unconfirmed, of course, but it makes sense.

That said, the GBA Micro DOES look HAWT.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Hey Lu Mu Bai...

optwhite51.jpg

dorio

Banned
DarienA said:
Another GBA... I can't believe it.... wow customizable faceplates... well I guess if it's good enough for cellphones and the X360.

Did they give a release date on the GBA Micro?
They actually should make that into a cell phone. That would be cool.

"NIghttrain REALLY strung you guys along."

When he hit his stride with the (paraphrasing) "You shouldn't be asking yourself how good metroid looks. You should be asking if it will provide the most immersive experience..." etc. I was certain people would start to ignore him. I really hope people don't listen to "They didn't show it!? Oh man, just wait until they see. They just didn't want to go up against Sony." :( Some people really put faith in him.

tetsuoxb

Smiles and Cries said:
+1 PS2

the Zelda music was about to make me cry it fit the mood of my sad disappointment about the lack of Revolution info

I live 20 mins away from Nintendo HQ. If all those fucks werent in LA right now, I would be over there trying to convince them that they are on the path to ruin.

Nintendo am doomed? Maybe not.

Nintendo am ruining my admiration? Absolutely.

It is like I said in the first pic thread - their 3rd party rev support is the last 20 years. That is ridiculous.

They showed absolutely nothing that I want now, other than the micro, that I didnt want before the show. Ill only buy a micro if it is 50 dollars or less. Fuck you buying a GBA 4 times over.

Note to nintendo: e3 is about the NEW. your entire presentation was about the OLD. OLD TECH, OLD GAMES, OLD IDEAS. If you fuck up Zelda, I will never forgive you.

Top Bottom