• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo unveils Donkey Kong Country theme park world

Draugoth

Gold Member
SNW_kv_RGB_logo_FIX-1024x742.jpg

Nintendo and Universal Studios Japan have debuted the first look at the Super Nintendo World theme park’s upcoming Donkey Kong expansion.

Set to open in Spring 2024, the Donkey Kong Country area of the Japanese Nintendo theme park world will increase its size by 1.7 times, Universal told Japanese press at an event this week.

Robb

Gold Member
I don’t care much for the theme park, but it’s nice to see the IP being used to this capacity. Hopefully this is a sign that we’ll get some kind of big new DK game soon!

I’d love a new DKC, although I guess all of RETRO is busy with MP4..

Last edited:

E-Cat

Buy Rare back and make DKC4 w/ Eveline Fischer, Robin Beanland and David Wise.

Last edited:
I hope Grant Kirkhope gets some credit this time for the area music, they did him dirty leaving him out of the movie credits when it used the DK Rap.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Would have been neat if they'd rendered a live game based on the original DK arcade game.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I mean just take a look at what Universal is putting up in Orlando. It's the hardest flex ever and got Disney straight up shook. Their creatives have been knocking it out of the park the past few years.

TastyPastry

i'm trying to imagine what it would have been like for me to go there and the mario theme park when i was kid. my brain probably wouldn't be able to handle it. i remember having dreams about a nintendo theme park when i was little. i'm planning to go see the florida version (epic universe) in early 2026, i'm not sure though if that's a crazy plan because it's going to be full or if it's doable. i also plan to do two days of epic universe and one day each for all the other disney and universal parks.

Top Bottom