• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Q3 FY 23/24 Earinings Report: Hardware 6.90m, LTD 139.36M. SMB Wonder 11.96M

Deerock71

Fuck you Nintendo. All them switch sales and no hint of a Kid Icarus Uprising port. It can be ported to use the right stick for aiming. I’ve tried it with my Switch Pro Controller on the Quest 3 emulator. They just need to make some minor tweaks to the gameplay.
I'm still hoping. There's still time.

Woopah

Fuck you Nintendo. All them switch sales and no hint of a Kid Icarus Uprising port. It can be ported to use the right stick for aiming. I’ve tried it with my Switch Pro Controller on the Quest 3 emulator. They just need to make some minor tweaks to the gameplay.
Bandai Namco is working on a 3D action remaster for Nintendo. Hopefully its Kid Icarus.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I'm still hoping. There's still time.

Bandai Namco is working on a 3D action remaster for Nintendo. Hopefully its Kid Icarus.

It’s my favorite handheld game of all time. I took so many “bathroom breaks” at work, just to grind out hearts/weapons. The game was perfect. I will never understand how people didn’t enjoy the controls. They were absolutely top notch.

If there isn’t a port/remaster of this game, I will be furious. Its story telling might be the best in a Nintendo game ever. And the constant fourth wall breaking was great.

Oh my god, and the music. Best ever, imo.

Time stamped my favorite song in the OST.

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
I think It's 80/20 to beat DS and 50/50 to beat PS2, those extra 5 million from DS to PS2 will be tough.
I think ot comes down to next year, sell 10 million, ds is in the bag, ps2 almost certain, over 10 million ps2 is in the bag
Under 10 million ds is uncertain, ps2 out of the question

Deerock71

I think ot comes down to next year, sell 10 million, ds is in the bag, ps2 almost certain, over 10 million ps2 is in the bag
Under 10 million ds is uncertain, ps2 out of the question
A $50 price cut across the board for all models is all they'll need, I'd wager. And actually, regardless of the outcome, I don't think any company has made such ridiculous amounts of coin Nintendo has made with the Switch. Remarkable.

Last edited:
Regional Hardware

lK8ZmwB.png

Regional Software

fSjoPq6.png

Calendar Year 2023 Hardware

Japan
Americas - 6,190,000
Europe - 4,430,000
Other - 1,890,000
Global - 16,810,000

Calendar Year 2023 Software

Japan
Americas - 87,410,000
Europe - 59,140,000
Other - 19,160,000
Global - 205,800,000

Last edited:

KU_

A $50 price cut across the board for all models is all they'll need, I'd wager. And actually, regardless of the outcome, I don't think any company has made such ridiculous amounts of coin Nintendo has made with the Switch. Remarkable.
This. Really, Nintendo breaking the all time sales record is a question of if they want to do it or not. They drop the price and release a few special edition versions of the Switch and the record falling is a given.

Serge85

It’s my favorite handheld game of all time. I took so many “bathroom breaks” at work, just to grind out hearts/weapons. The game was perfect. I will never understand how people didn’t enjoy the controls. They were absolutely top notch.

If there isn’t a port/remaster of this game, I will be furious. Its story telling might be the best in a Nintendo game ever. And the constant fourth wall breaking was great.

Oh my god, and the music. Best ever, imo.

Time stamped my favorite song in the OST.

It has great graphics, awesome soundtrack, great voice acting, replayability, multiplayer, challenge.

Too bad the controls are utter trash, I've been gaming all my life, (well since I was 7), I play retro games on a regular basis, for me gameplay is king. I hated the controls in kid icarus I tried using the base included with the game (lol, when a game comes with a base for holding it speaks volume), the old DS thumbstrap, different stylus and nope. I'm sorry but a great game with controls that make my hand hurt is trash, specially in the upper upper difficulties.

I wanted a port for the wii u with propper analog support. now for switch...hopefully we'll get it.

Woopah

Systems that dropped after the Switch release that were supposed to, negatively effect it's performance.

PS4 Pro
Xbox One X
PS5
Xbox Series S/X
SteamDeck

Spoiler Alert - Switch continued to do what it was supposed to do. In terms of hardware but more importantly in terms of software sales.
I would say PS4 Pro and PS5 did indeed affect Switch's performance, but it wasn't distinguishable from the impact that PS4 was already happening.

Astral Dog

The game is awesome. I still think it's Nintendo's best new IP.

With sales still ahead of some Pokemon titles (15 million for turn-based fitness/combat, that's crazy), it's safe to imagine a sequel to Ring Fit Adventure for the Switch 2.
Unlike the Wii Fit games,Ring Fit Adventure appeals to jrpg fans, its like casual fitness game for obese nerds. A sequel should have no problem selling

Only Nintendo could come up with this idea, its genius

Oberstein

Unlike the Wii Fit games,Ring Fit Adventure appeals to jrpg fans, its like casual fitness game for obese nerds. A sequel should have no problem selling

Only Nintendo could come up with this idea, its genius

I don't know if Ring Fit is really appealing to JRPG fans, especially as their target audience is the mainstream, but the concept has nevertheless managed to catch on with everyone.

If Nintendo continues to launch games on Switch over the year, they can really hope to reach the record.

Nothing impossible, as the drop in sales is not as high as expected.

Last edited:
Top Bottom