• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendogs 1up review (UH OH PLAYAZ)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Nintendogs is

dynamite.jpg

Tony HoTT

Banned
Haha that review read like it was holding back some hate. I figured gamespot's review would have been more like this.

mj1108

Tony HoTT said:
Haha that review read like it was holding back some hate. I figured gamespot's review would have been more like this.

Wow, you're right. :lol

The reviewer must have known that gahiggidy would summon the nbots if the review was anything hateful.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
You gotta admit that Nintendogs huge success in the east has something to do with its positive influence on reviewers in the west. Then again one like at Dynasty Warriors tells you a different story.

*Jumps out window to avoid DW ninjas*

Tony HoTT

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
You gotta admit that Nintendogs huge success in the east has something to do with its positive influence on reviewers in the west. Then again one like at Dynasty Warriors tells you a different story.

*Jumps out window to avoid DW ninjas*

Yeah, I probably wouldn't even play the game if I was assigned to review it. I just would have given it a 10/10 to please everyone on this forum...

The review sounds so sarcastic and I can hardly blame the guy.

Memles

It seems like he's taking into account reality when speaking of "Bark Mode" and the fact that the chances of it happening are probably slimmer here than in Japan. I think that's fair, and something that GameSpot/IGN really didn't do.

Tiktaalik

Despite the few irksome issues we found, Nintendo still successfully made a unique "game" that takes advantage of the DS's capabilities, from speaking to the dog, blowing bubbles for him to play with, and rubbing his head.

"game" is in quotes? If I had read this review without seeing the score I would have thought that it would have been given a 6.

This is the type of game you can play to pass the time on the morning commute, while watching TV, or waiting in line for your husband to buy power tools. Touching is good, play well with others, etc. -- Nintendogs is a unique game that brings something new to the DS.

This is seriously the most sarcastic 8 I've ever seen. If the reviewer didn't like the game they should have scored it accordingly.

Matlock

Banned
Zaxxon said:
This is seriously the most sarcastic 8 I've ever seen. If the reviewer didn't like the game they should have scored it accordingly.

It would have been, but obviously math is hard.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i think it's about time we had a law past so these so called "games" were banned, they are insulting and even worse it is expanding the DS market to people who perhaps wouldn't usually play games.

we need to stamp this out now before the DS user base gets infected these so called "women".

DCharlie said:
i think it's about time we had a law past so these so called "games" were banned, they are insulting and even worse it is expanding the DS market to people who perhaps wouldn't usually play games.

we need to stamp this out now before the DS user base gets infected these so called "women".

yarly3ci4fx.jpg

Sho Nuff

Banned
Hey, nobody seemed to mock the score on the grounds that the reviewer is an Asian girl, and GIRLS DON'T KNOW HOW 2 PLAY GAMES UR HUR HUR HUR HURRR.

Top Bottom