• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norcal Regionals 2015 - Fighting Game Tournament - April 3rd - 5th

coy

Version fuckery aside, this was a good top-16. Between this and Hypespotting, lots of good USF action to fill me til the next tourney. My sympathies to the sleepy folks out there.

toneroni

Glad I caught the top 8. Nice job Daigoat and GamerFree. How was UMVC? Last few years I've enjoyed watching that more than SF4.

kitzkozan

This is the kind of performance that Daigo fans expected for a while. :p Gotta admit he was on point, which will make EVO interesting.

Also, good comments from Seth concerning Gamerbee and how he adapted to given situations by stepping out of his comfort zone. This is something that Smug can't do yet, since he's struggling really hard once his setups aren't working and just can't adapt.

Rainy

Banned
The tournament was pretty good despite the version reset (lol that's pretty big though), nice to see Daigo qualify.

Xtyle

has Gamerbee ever beaten Daigo? I seem to remember ever match they had in tourny he always lost. And this new one...man, I would be feeling it deep if I was him now.

pixelish

has Gamerbee ever beaten Daigo? I seem to remember ever match they had in tourny he always lost. And this new one...man, I would be feeling it deep if I was him now.

they just played a set a few weeks ago at sxsw invitational whereby gamerbee beat daigo 2-1 but that was the only match he has won in a really long time.

Unless I'm wrong, this is the first Daigo US major win since that NCR where he was mainng Yun and played vanilla marvel 3 for a couple of months.

mbpm1

What's this about wrong version?

They played the first 4 games with the wrong version of SF4 and had to replay the matches and start over with absically an hour wasted and some hype moments basically never existing anymore.

It went mostly the same but one player got destroyed in the runback.

Also cast shade on how legit the tournament really was.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
PIE Sci streaming now.

Talking about what Happened to Kaz.

Do you guys think he would have beat Daigo if they had run into each other? No wrong patch Bullshit.

What a great Tourney though, I watched it the entire weekend. There was a few good clutch fights, but overall I was impressed by the top level play, everyone brought their A game ( except maybe J. Wong in Ultra, he never seem to pick up any momentum.)

And it was nice to see all sorts of characters for a change, with people brining their own unique style to each character.

You know the character match ups were interesting when the crowd got excited with the sight of a rare Ryu vs Ken match :p

PIE Sci streaming now.

Talking about what Happened to Kaz.

Do you guys think he would have beat Daigo if they had run into each other? No wrong patch Bullshit.

Not sure. Kazunoko has made Daigo look free the last 2 times they faced, but Daigo had a streak of beating Kazunoko before those matches. Daigo is also really strong in ft3s.

Everytime people state that Daigo sucks at short sets they need to keep in mind that he's only been underwhelming in 2/3s. At Capcom Asia Finals and Topanga League Daigo went 16-2 vs the very best players in 3/5.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
DaiGOAT once again.

Worth staying up to watch him run a train on everyone. Almost never watch USF4 anymore except for when he shows up, and it paid off.

USF4 at NCR 2015 was a huge success after all.

Top Bottom