• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norman Reedus Confirms Death Stranding 2

Brock2621

Was randomly reading through this article that was just published and I caught this question and answer:

Interviewer: “Okay, so you got the book going on, you’ve got the final season coming out, then the spinoff, and you’re filming Death Stranding, the video game.

Reedus: “
We just started the second one.

…It took me maybe two or three years to finish all the MoCap sessions and everything. It takes a lot of work. And then the game came out, and it just won all these awards, and it was a huge thing, so we just started part two of that.

Full interview here: https://www.leoedit.com/culture/norman-reedus-on-the-end-of-an-era/

EDIT: I sent a tip to PushSquare about it this morning as well and they are now reporting it (although they are using sources who posted this on Twitter an hour after me posting this): https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/death-stranding-2-just-got-outed-by-norman-reedus

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Interview from May 17th

He is saying that it won awards, in the past

Dude just spilled the beans casually, lol

Awesome, loved Death Stranding. But I wanted an horror game from Kojima before the sequel.
I hope so lol I want a sequel too.

The question seems odd tho. Says Reedus is filming Death Stranding, a 2019 game, yet it’s 2022?

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I don’t understand how there can be a second one … but I guess you shoe horn any explanation if you need to fit a sequel.

Moses85

Oh No GIF by The Maury Show
Oh No Mood GIF by The Dungeon Run

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Just started it? 3 years later?

I mean im glad that there is a DS2 but why did it take them 3 years to greenlight it?

sircaw

Banned
Not played the game, but it never looked like the kinda game i would enjoy.

Some of the videos i watched, it looked rather boring to me, "lollipop_disappointed:

Perhaps if it comes to Sonys subscription service i will give it a go and see what the fuss is about.

Luipadre

I dont believe him. I loved DS but dont think we'll ever get another one. Whatever kojima makes next im in day 1 tho

Reactions: K2D

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Do it! The Director's Cut offers some nice QoL improvements (although it may still not be your thing, but I suppose that's true for any game).
I've not played DC yet. Only original twice on release.
I did bought dc on ps5 and pc though. I just like to play these games in winter.
What qol improvements are there ?

ParaSeoul

Its similar to what he said in the Brazilian IGN interview,he just mentions a second project with Kojima or we're working on another one,not specifically saying Death Stranding 2. Could be a way to get around NDA but I'm pretty sure those are airtight.

• Surprised

DaGwaphics

Its similar to what he said in the Brazilian IGN interview,he just mentions a second project with Kojima or we're working on another one,not specifically saying Death Stranding 2. Could be a way to get around NDA but I'm pretty sure those are airtight.

Didn't this guy also do the PT demo?

nowhat

I did bought dc on ps5 and pc though. I just like to play these games in winter.
Was trying to find a complete list of changes, but perhaps my google-fu is failing me. But there's stuff like https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...ath-stranding-directors-cut-out-today-on-ps5/ and https://www.thegamer.com/death-stranding-directors-cut-changes-original/

Regarding the second link, once the highway around the mountain has been completely finished it is UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE. I spent several laps just going around it for no particular purpose, because it's so much fun just to experience it.

kyliethicc

You can launch packages to locations with a canon.

You can use a hover pack to jump off cliffs and not die from the fall.

Basically they added some new equipment.

Top Bottom