• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not the Onion: Trump attacks WP, Amazon over not paying their ‘internet taxes’

zou

Wait, so they are paying their internet taxes (lol)? Since it's fake news and all?

Fucking dumb ass.

If people don't understand the tweet ... WaPo were the ones with the fake Time covers stories. Bezzos bought WaPo. He also had a meeting with Trump a few days ago.

RPGCrazied

Just because a true story was written about him using fake TIME covers that he hangs on his walls at his golf clubs. lol

He literally can't take criticism without this petty bullshit.

Mortemis

Banned
I didn't hear any reports about Amazon/WaPo not paying internet taxes (whatever that is) but cool to know that those reports are FAKE NEWS.

He meant it metaphorically. You shouldn't take everything he says so seriously. Also, his tweets speak for themselves and only the President and a handful of people will understand what this one meant.

You're welcome, Sean.

Dragbolt

I have to say, as a non-American it is highly entertaining to watch Trump and his administration spout increasingly dumber and dumber stuff. His presidency has actual repercussions though, so I feel kinda sorry for you guys.

commedieu

Banned
I have to say, as a non-American it is highly entertaining to watch Trump and his administration spout increasingly dumber and dumber stuff. His presidency has actual repercussions though, so I feel kinda sorry for you guys.

And I feel sorry for the future Russian land grab.

i know what hes TRYING to say.

Alternate Universe Trump In Which He Can Form Complete Sentences and Thoughts said:
The Washington Post, which is owned by Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos, is commonly referred to as Amazon's guardian, shielding them from bad press. For instance, their lack of paying taxes. Furthermore, they are fake news.

But its still completely bananas.

Fandangox

http://www.translationparty.com/the...times-referred-to-as-the-guardian-of-12996775

bmzGjUy.png

he did it

He's probably trying to shakedown Bezos and WaPo.

Give me positive news coverage and stop with TrumpRussia news or I will shit to try and bring your stock down.

OmegaFax

Dumb on so many levels. Sad because it's the President of the United States. You can't fight this guy's logic where everyone's opinion except his own is fake. Guy has an illness or absolutely no perspective ... maybe one of the Walton's on his speed dial next to Putin.

Apt101

It's remarkable how stupid this man is. Since the GOP are soulless cowards, I suppose it's going to take incontrovertible proof in a criminal investigation to get rid of him.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's pretty clear what he meant - he meant Amazon's long-standing sales tax evasion.

The problem is:
1) That's entirely a state level matter (not that it should be surprising Trump doesn't know anything about the difference)

2) Amazon now collects sales tax in most states after working with state governments on this exact issue.

bounchfx

how long are we going to tolerate having a president that is not only completely out of touch with reality, but goes out of his way to lie and hurt people intentionally

how ANYONE, regardless of political party can defend him blows my mind, they must either be: 1) paid off, 2) unfit for their job or 3) blackmailed

any one of the three are enough to remove them from their posts. there is no excuse for this kind of shit to keep going on, and it's only going to hurt everyone

Balphon

If anything Amazon wants legislation to force universal collection of tax on internet sales since they are doing it nationwide already.

2) Amazon now collects sales tax in most states after working with state governments on this exact issue.

As of this past April Amazon is collecting in all 45 states with state-level sales taxes.

So unless you're in one of the 40-odd Alaska cities with a local sales tax, you're paying it on Amazon purchases.

Afrodium

Banned
It's really unsettling realizing that the POTUS can visibly be a raving and often incoherent lunatic and a large portion of the country will willfully ignore it.

I never imagined that it was possible to have a dumber president than Bush but here we are and with only an 8 year gap between them.

I'm actually terrified who the Republicans will nominate next with the trajectory they're currently on.

dramatis

Start shorting Amazon stock now folks. Trump will be stepping on them as much as possible due to Jeff Bezos not being a supporter of the Administration. You think Trump is going to let the Amazon/Whole Foods merger through? No way. There has never been a more petty political figure in the White House and he will stop at nothing to make sure Amazon bleeds.
It's not a merger; Amazon bought Whole Foods. Whole Foods isn't big enough to be on the same level as Amazon lol

Trump can try to make Amazon bleed, but Amazon has barely posted profits in years of operations. Bezos likes to take the profits and dump them back into whatever he feels like investing in. What is Amazon going to bleed, the Ivanka Trump clothing line?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
One day some intern is going to tell him a document he needed was uploaded to the cloud and we'll cut to an angry Trump, 1920's-era googles donned, trying to furiously tweet from a bi-plane.

Ovid

A guy on CNBC went in on him this morning for this tweet.

He also called him a moron but the stupid CNBC anchor (Jon Fortt) quickly defended Trump and told the guy that he can't be a moron because he was voted into office. What?

The guy ignored him and continued to call him (Ttump) out on his bullshit. It was lovely.

fuzzyset

It's pretty clear what he meant - he meant Amazon's long-standing sales tax evasion.

The problem is:
1) That's entirely a state level matter (not that it should be surprising Trump doesn't know anything about the difference)

Did OP copy it wrong?

The #AmazonWashingtonPost, sometimes referred to as the guardian of Amazon not paying internet taxes (which they should) is FAKE NEWS!

He's saying the story that #AmazonWashingtonPost not paying taxes is fake news, right? So, they ARE paying the taxes? Removing the middle part:

The #AmazonWashingtonPost not paying internet taxes (which they should) is FAKE NEWS!

I'm so confused.

Top Bottom