• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 9th

Ethelwulf

2731079-13+-+1.gif

Did sony proclaim victory already? I don't get it...

Daviii

Huge pricecut giving games away are responsible more then anything else. Has nothing to do with the Phil Spencer effect.

That Spencer effect is just an stupid invention.

They've just backpedaled their decisions and thrown money away like crazy. Uhh... Spencer effect.

Krakn3Dfx

I have a concert to go to tonight while this whole thing goes down (there's always something happening in my life on NPD day it seems, da fuq is up with that?), so just to cover all bases in this situation, regardless of winners, losers, gaps, etc.

welp.gif

wotta

Of course my is going to win, it had crazy deals even before black friday and the PS4 sold out while ms still had stock. It'd be impossible for it not to win, but it's the long term that counts. Anyway, who cares, as long as they both sell well, we all win.

labaronx

So is this Ms strategy going forward... let sony have most of the year and try to close the gap in November and December of each year

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Of course my is going to win, it had crazy deals even before black friday and the PS4 sold out while ms still had stock. It'd be impossible for it not to win, but it's the long term that counts. Anyway, who cares, as long as they both sell well, we all win.

You're doing it wrong.

I have a concert to go to tonight while this whole thing goes down (there's always something happening in my life on NPD day it seems, da fuq is up with that?), so just to cover all bases in this situation, regardless of winners, losers, gaps, etc.

welp.gif

depends of the concert.

Jomjom

Banned
So is this Ms strategy going forward... let sony have most of the year and try to close the gap in November and December of each year

They've never hid it from anyone that that was their strategy. Look at Greenberg's tweet about preseason and regular season and stuff.

MS was taking it easy in the preseason as the champions last season. Sony forgot preseason games don't count and played their hearts out, injuring a majority of the team who are now out for the season. MS was ready for the season opener, Sony was not.

Blobbers

I feel like there's gonna be a plethora of hilarious posts and meltdowns whether Sony or Microsoft wins. NPD November is gonna be a great thread.

What a time to be alive.

Atlas157

I feel like there's gonna be a plethora of hilarious posts and meltdowns whether Sony or Microsoft wins. NPD November is gonna be a great thread.

What a time to be alive.

I'm on the Sony side and I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft won. They did good with the price cuts and free games.

Top Bottom