• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD HW Predictions for 2017 (entire year) - Closes Feb 3

Kill3r7

Kind of surprised people are being so conservative with their estimates. Now you got me thinking I should adjust my numbers. This should be a huge year for AAA games assuming most of the big names come out in 2017. I really think this could be the best year for PS4 and X1. Both consoles should be able to move 3+ million between September through December. Maybe even 4 million depending on Destiny 2 and Holiday deals.

Chobel

Kind of surprised people are being so conservative with their estimates. Now you got me thinking I should adjust my numbers. This should be a huge year for AAA games assuming most of the big names come out in 2017. I really think this could be the best year for PS4 and X1. Both consoles should be able to move 3+ million between September through December. Maybe even 4 million depending on Destiny 2 and Holiday deals.

There's a chance Destiny 2 and RDR2 won't make it in 2017.

donny2112

Kind of surprised people are being so conservative with their estimates.

Think the standard pattern for consoles is to peak in their second full calendar year. That was 2015, and 2016 was down. Reasonable to expect 2017 to be down from that, then. New revisions, price drops, etc. tend to lessen the drop, as opposed to reversing it.

Switch is Nintendo, so who knows.

Kill3r7

Think the standard pattern for consoles is to peak in their second full calendar year. That was 2015, and 2016 was down. Reasonable to expect 2017 to be down from that, then. New revisions, price drops, etc. tend to lessen the drop, as opposed to reversing it.

Switch is Nintendo, so who knows.

Fair enough. I just can't help but think that this will be the peak year but maybe it will only hold true for software.

well crap I'm late...but this is the yearly predictions, you can be more loose with deadlines right ;)

[PS4] 5000k
[XB1] 4700k
[NSW] 4000k

Know I'm late (intentionally) but why not...

[PS4] 4625k
[XB1] 4800k
[NSW] 2750k

So many "known unknowns" regarding Switch and Scorpio that these two are as much prophecy as forecast. Wouldn't be at all surprised to be wrong on both of those (well all of them actually, because marketing, pricing, distribution, support, etc etc are all unknown).

Ushay

[PS4] 4690K
[XB1] 5950K
[NSW] 3155K

I'm expecting MS to come roaring out the gate this fall. It all depends on what games they have aligned to their hardware.

Edit: Shit I'm late..

Top Bottom