• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD - PS4 was the top selling console of December 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

____

Microsoft also pointed out that PS4 sales slid year-over-year, and that Xbox One actually outsold Sony’s system in the second half of 2016.

Is this normal to comment on the competitor? Seems kind of childish.

Toki767

Thats quite interesting, if the Xbox One did more than a million then its a pretty freaking good month regardless of losing against the PlayStation 4. I wonder how The Last Guardian performed

Of course they did more than a million. The thing (PS4 as well) was being sold for almost $200.

waIRoSJ.gif

Wow Ps4 is beasting so much that MS has to damage control their numbers from e3 till now. I thought all of that was Pre Season Arron Greenberg. LOL

Congrats to Sony again. Seems like ever since 2014 Sony refuses to let MS when November and December ever again. The crazy part about it, is that in 2014 the xBone only won nov and dec because they lowered the price to $329 was it? Sony kept their $399 at the time didnt gave any discounts at all.

Ashtar

Hmmm thanks for posting the microsoft numbers from last year now if we only new what PS4 sold last year we'd be getting somewhere

ethomaz

Banned
Much better December than I was anticipating. XB1 and PS4 >1,376,000 (Previously the biggest XB1 month) is great considering the less than stellar November.
First reading MS PR I got that but...

Did they means sales like overall and not unit sales??? And the yoy grow is for the year or only December???

But they just said biggest month ever. How is that stabilizing? Seems like it's on the rise.

It means within a few months of each other we had Xbox One S and PS4 Pro announcements and releases. This throws everything out of whack as many likely waited on one or the other until the new versions came out.

Now that everything is out and on the table we are starting to see more 'normal' buying habits return

Elios83

Told people that PS4 would win and Slim sales would be much higher than what happened in November.
No comment on Microsoft's spin on the second half numbers but that actually gives us more insight.

XB1>1376k
PS4<1582k

Gap for December is less than 175k

Elandyll

Banned
MS is kind of desperate for positive PR, sony won the whole year in US, it is what it is,.
Whole year, 8 months out of 12 and the 2 biggest months of the year.

They basically found the 2 positives they could spin (yoy, because Dec 2015 was so huge for PS4, and 2nd half of year due to Aug- Oct).

Agreed the 2nd half of the year is All XB1S. That launched in August. So Post Launch it outsold PS4. It is spin, but it makes sense.
No. The 2nd half is 4/6, not all. And the last 2 months, biggest as well, were PS4.

It means within a few months of each other we had Xbox One S and PS4 Pro announcements and releases. This throws everything out of whack as many likely waited on one or the other until the new versions came out.

Now that everything is out and on the table we are starting to see more 'normal' buying habits return

Exactly, sorry I sucked at articulating my point, you did it better then me.

Electret

That is awesome. Great to see both machines doing work, especially after a muted November. Really curious about the Pro split, though I doubt we'll get numbers on that (we did not last month, did we?).

Microsoft also pointed out that PS4 sales slid year-over-year, and that Xbox One actually outsold Sony’s system in the second half of 2016. So while PS4 outperformed Xbox One in last two months of the year, which are crucial to overall sales, the systems are a bit closer than they were in 2014 and 2015.

MS pls

Sterok

Pretty close between the two, not that it's surprising. XB1S seems popular, and Pro and Slim are still fresh, so they'll move plenty of units even if they don't end up being popular long-term (though I'm sure they will).

I doubt 3DS got anywhere close to winning. They always specify home consoles lately, ignoring whatever the handhelds did.

jayu26

Alright. I got the order correct at least. Let's see the number. I need to get back in top ten after missing last months prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom