• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2014 [Up2: XB1/360 hardware, PS4 #1/XB1 #2 best selling]

nib95

Banned
1. Surprised Titanfall sold more on the 360
2. InFamous dropped off big time
3. 115k for the Xbox One seems incredibly low

rjc571

Banned
Given that PS4 + Xbone LTD is more than double PS3 + 360 first six months, and Xbone April is 115k, someone who has all the past results should be able to come up with a lower bound for PS4 April.

jeffers

If Mario Kart 8 does its job, the Wii U could potentially outsell the Xbox One in May-June.

Think about that.

not just that, but think about that headline! on the back of positive mario kart momentum! is that finally something going slightly right/lucky for wiiu? :p (yes massive failure and all i know)

Bundy

Banned
115K for X1?

How is that possible?

d0Wew1i.gif

Asd202

360:

April 2006 - 295K

April 2007 - 174K

April 2008 - 188K

April 2009 - 175K

April 2010 - 185K

April 2011 - 297K

April 2012 - 236K

April 2013 - 130K

Xbox One:

April 2014 - 115K

Xbox 360 has never managed such a low number for April.

Hehe this is really putting some perspective. No doubt the announcement was made because of this numbers.

I can't even imagine what next month will be like if Wii U gets a bump from MK8 and Xbone continues to freefall below it. Although I don't think 1 day of Mario Kart would be enough to push the Wii U past, it will be interesting to see.

You're kidding right?

Xbone will sell almost nothing next month as people wait for the kinectless SKU and possible firesales on the existing SKUs.

Where are PS4 sale #s?

Also, 115 XBO? Is that average or below-average? Sounds bad.

EDIT: Looked at some of the other posts w/ averages (thnx Aquamarine),....I'm actually genuinely worried about this system long-term now.

GamerJM

Banned
Umm.........

This is for April.

That announcement was made in the middle of May.

I'm saying that Microsoft could have seen the poor sales of the Xbox One in April and decided to announce the dropping of the Kinect as a reaction to that. Unless I'm missing something.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just to give a better perspective

March (5 weeks) - 311,000 units sold -->62,200 units per week
April (4 weeks) - 115,000 units sold -->28,750 units per week

FroJay

Banned
115k is not too surprising given the dropping the Kinect announcement they made. But I guess that explains that.

I honestly expected slightly worse following that announcement

Worse? I didn't think they would be anywhere near that low....I'm curious about PS4 numbers now. The One is in big trouble this gen, and it's gonna be an severe uphill battle to swing the momentum the other way.

Yeah this month was pretty barren release wise so no surprise for low numbers. Well we don't have PS4 numbers yet but probably something like 200k. Next month should be better at least for PS4. MLB The Show and Watch_Dogs bundle.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wow. What was Wii U's first April? I know it was worse than this...but geesh.

360:

April 2006 - 295K

April 2007 - 174K

April 2008 - 188K

April 2009 - 175K

April 2010 - 185K

April 2011 - 297K

April 2012 - 236K

April 2013 - 130K

Xbox One:

April 2014 - 115K

Xbox 360 has never managed such a low number for April.

Out of context. Does not account for the major price difference between the two products. The Arcade and Deluxe SKUs for the 360 and the $500 price tag for the Xbox One.

Infamous Second Son dropped like a stone. Right off the charts. Nintendo games nowhere to be found. The top 10 seems pretty generic.

Oh, and are people really surprised that Titanfall sold better on a system with a roughly 80 million unit install base? Really? Ok honestly, how many of those 80 million 360 console still function? But still, if you're pretending to be surprised at the difference you're just grasping at straws.

Any change we'll get the actual PS4 hardware sales number this month? I'm not talking estimates or cryptic statements from insiders, but actual solid, here it is numbers.

*crickets*

Mooreberg

Goddamn. Xbox One went all in on sales, promotions, bundles, Titanfall marketing. It's fair to say they did all they could.

I wonder what impact Xbox One + Kinect + Titanfall for $449 has on sales for the system alone at $399. It isn't actually a better deal, it just alleviates the sticker shock. I'm still surprised anyone launched higher than $399 this time around after what the PS3 went through.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Makes you wonder, if the Wii U and Bone completely fall off the cliff, we may actually have the one console future for the next couple of years. lol

Abelian75

Neo Member
Umm.........

This is for April.

That announcement was made in the middle of May.

I think he's saying that the Kinectless SKU could be assumed to be a response to low sales, so it was reasonable to expect poor XBO sales in the month of April (otherwise they wouldn't have felt like they needed to make a drastic change).

Dante316

Ian sherr posted this on twitter @bill_at_zeboyd But, if you took Next-gen only, @playstation says "inFAMOUS Second Son was the top selling next gen software title in April"

The Llama

Just to give a better perspective

March (5 weeks) - 311,000 units sold -->62,200 units per week
April (4 weeks) - 115,000 units sold -->28,750 units per week

And I wonder what May will be, with people waiting for the Kinectless version. 15-20k units a week, maybe? Damn...

Top Bottom