• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2007

dyls

Do 360 owners do anything else besides buy software? Just an unbelievably voracious crowd; the best kind of hobbyists MS could ever hope for.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
With monstrous sales of CoD4 and GH3, Activision will end up the year way above EA. :)

Capcom needs to get their advertising together!!!! Zack & Wiki would be able to take advantage of these huge Wii numbers if they'd actually advertise it some!!!

Kosma

Banned
Considering the installed base 3rd party software is doing great on PS3.

Now give us the Uncharted number. We need to know.

botticus

davepoobond said:
i dont understand why there isn't a single fucking DS game in the top 10
I'm not recalling any software that came out that would have charted... Zelda was there for two months, not surprising it got dropped with the games that did chart in there.

cleveridea said:
Can I bring this out of retirement :D

SuperMarioGalaxy.jpg

I repeat: it deserved it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
360 software is just INSANE... COD4 whoa - congrats IW!

Assassin's Creed was really unexpected to me - damn!

And Mass Effect at 6, as a brand new IP going up against COD4, AC and SMG? Frigging excellent...

DS is a well-deserved monster too...

And didn't Sony say that the PS3 sold "200,000k a week"? Guess it turned out to be fishy BS like September once again...

What a November!

EDIT: Wait, that's right, Mass Effect came out near the end of November - that's even more impressive!

mood

If 360 hardware sales were disappointing last year with 511k, the PS3 sales are abysmal. I guess lowered expectations though.

sprocket

Banned
Brannon said:
Assassin's Creed
PS3 - 377,000
360 - 980,000

Call of Duty 4
PS3 - 444,000
360 - 1,570,000

FUCK.

Why so surprised? the 360 has been out longer and has about 3 times the userbase in America.

GhaleonEB

First pass on console hardware:

Wii is incredible. Best console November since the PS2 in 2002. And to think it was supply constrained...

360 is very good, up 51% from last year. Looks to be doing between the Xbox and PS2 kind of numbers.

PS3 is off the ropes but still very much hurting. It about the same as the Gamecube in 2002 - not the best company to be in, but not the disaster it was earlier this year.

Halo 3 is at 4.1m in the US now (!!!), CoD4 is monsterous, Mario = holy shit. PS3 sales of the two top ten games are in line relative to the userbase. Industry growth figures are staggering.

bendak

Mass Effect should do decent in december since it was released on the 20th and still made #6 overall.

Wonder how many more months before PS3 finally overtakes PS2 hardware.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Y2Kev said:
It's in line with the gap in userbase, isn't it?
Going by this month's hardware sales it doesn't look like the gap will be closing anytime soon! I wonder how sympathetic 3rd parties are going to be about it, maybe they'll be more considerate than they were with GCN last generation.

Jammy

Banned
DS did amazing, as did Wii. Nintendo clearly shipped one million Wii consoles out there for November. I wonder how the December numbers will look.

Everybody did good hardware-wise. It's a bit disappointing for Sony that PS3 sold less than PS2, but eh... it's progress.

Software... HOLY SHIT! Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed did amazing, especially on 360. 360 owners really buy their games.

Super Mario Galaxy sales were higher than expected for me. Wii Play's numbers were huge, too (LEGS), as were Guitar Hero III's. Guitar Hero III clearly has clicked with the Wii audience, and it makes sense given what type of game it is and what type of userbase the Wii has.

I heard somewhere that Mario and Sonic at the Olympics sold over 330,000 and was at the 11th spot. I guess we'll find that out for sure later?

Jokeropia said:
Galaxy sold more this month than Mario Sunshine did in August (release) + September + October + November + December of 2002. In fact, Sunshine didn't even break a million during that time, but still managed to sell almost 3 million (in the US) overall.

FINALLY a great news for Galaxy.

RBH said:
Pretty respectable numbers for the 360 version given the supply. PS3 version didn't do too great though.

Well, it does cost $170 dollars. I'm amazed it pulled off almost half a million in just 2 weeks or so.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
watership said:
Was Rock Band hard to find in the US? It's still not even out in Canada yet.

Yes, very. EBGames.com orders are backed up into January.

Going by this month's hardware sales it doesn't look like the gap will be closing anytime soon! I wonder how sympathetic 3rd parties are going to be about it, maybe they'll be more considerate than they were with GCN last generation.

Probably continue lead skuing on 360 with ports to PS3. According to ubisoft, they can port for 10% of the cost of the game...and 350k Assassin's Creeds sales on PS3 aren't anything to just cast off, I guess.

Still, 360 software is really so amazing. I'm happy to buy the games, too, as they are fabulous.

Holy....COD4 just tore the charts up! Even in PS3 case, is that one of the highest if not highest debut for a game on PS3 ever? Could even hit a million in it's own right.

camineet

Banned
but Wii could easily be over 1 million because WalMart and Toys R US data is not included, right? or does NPD estimate them ?

Rocksteady33

ivysaur12 said:
What are people buying when they get the DS?

Holy crap at all of those numbers (except for the PS3).

EDIT: And considering, Zack and Wiki didn't do terribly. Nintendo dropped the ball big time on Metroid, though.

1.5 million more people to Pictochat with YESSSSSSS.

f@luS

More than a member.
CoG said:
What did you expect with 3x the install base in the US?
3X installed base, 3X software sales. I would say normal.

Anyway, great for COD4 well deserved.

We have 4 wii , for 3 xbox 360, and 2 PS3 in USA
We have 4 wii, for 3 PS3 , and 2 xbox 360 in EU
We have 12 wii, for 4/5 PS3 , and 1 XBOX 360 in JP.

Wii dominates am total rofl

seriously , PS3 sales are quite good, but ps2 is really stopping her a bit. 360 didnt have the original xbox to counter its own sales.

Top Bottom