• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

kiphalfton

If you have an effective strat...I am all ears.

My problem has been I can get the item in my cart, BUT I can't check out on time. Has happened 3-4 times now. So I'm going to use Apple Pay, which is essentially 1-click check out.

... Granted I still have to be ready when the alert goes off.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
According to the article below, Nvidia is meeting only 7.4% of demand for the RTX 30 Series.

Article said:
According to the data provided by them, they have ordered a total of 15117 NVIDIA RTX 3000 series GPUs from various AIBs and have only received (or are going to receive at the time of writing) 1112 GPUs. This means that the company is only getting 7.4% of the demand from various NVIDIA AIBs. The complete set of data from ProShop (at the time of writing) is given below along with an explanation of the variables.

waylo

Banned
My problem has been I can get the item in my cart, BUT I can't check out on time. Has happened 3-4 times now. So I'm going to use Apple Pay, which is essentially 1-click check out.

... Granted I still have to be ready when the alert goes off.
This is the boat I was in. The first two weeks of launch I'd get cards in my cart constantly, but upon checkout they'd disappear.

I gave up. All the restocks happen while I'm at work usually (seems like it's been Thursday the last 2-3 weeks). I can't sit and check my phone 24/7. And even if I could, the connection isn't amazing. The cards have yet to go in-stock while I'm off of work, so I'm basically screwed.

It's just not worth the hassle.

Malakhov

Banned
11 3090 cards went in stock at bestbuy.ca

Had one in my cart and ready to order but reason came back to me and dropped it, such a waste.

Hopefully some 3080s soon.

Malakhov

Banned
How do you know that they had exactly 11 cards?
Discord server tells you how many it gets in stock.

HLmrx5u.jpg

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Discord server tells you how many it gets in stock.

1. 11 cards for a large retailer is pathetic.

2. So, the information conveyed via the Discord Server is from a Canadian Best Buy employee? What makes it reliable? Is the Discord officially run by Best Buy Canada?

I don't use Discord, so I don't know about this stuff.

Malakhov

Banned
1. 11 cards for a large retailer is pathetic.

2. So, the information conveyed via the Discord Server is from a Canadian Best Buy employee? What makes it reliable? Is the Discord officially run by Best Buy Canada?

I don't use Discord, so I don't know about this stuff.
Probably bots that fetches that information. They drop by small limited quantities, the most I saw was 60 3080s and then 16 3080s, of course both time I was busy and missed them

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Probably bots that fetches that information. They drop by small limited quantities, the most I saw was 60 3080s and then 16 3080s, of course both time I was busy and missed them

Not to he rude, but how do the bots collect this confidential information? How would a bot access the inventory records of retailers? Hacking? How do you know that the information is accurate? I don't mean to annoy you, but you haven't actually answered my question.

Malakhov

Banned
Not to he rude, but how do the bots collect this confidential information? How would a bot access the inventory records of retailers? Hacking? How do you know that the information is accurate? I don't mean to annoy you, but you haven't actually answered my question.
I've answered the best I can, if it's not enough join the video game deals Canada discord or ask ibabinz directly on twitter. I know that the only stock that is showing is bestbuy. Amazon and ebgames etc ... we just get an availability notice for the item and no stock numbers

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
they don't the bots are a myth more than anything. ay least on nvidia store, it was just a bunch of crazy people (like me) who quickly bought the card

benno

they don't the bots are a myth more than anything. ay least on nvidia store, it was just a bunch of crazy people (like me) who quickly bought the card

The Nvidia store has two layers. The top layer you see which allows you to put a card in the basket and click the checkout button and another hidden layer which passes you over to a different company tasked in doing the actual transaction. What you can do, if you know the item code, is skip the Nvidia basket layer entirely and go straight to the 3rd party company page which takes your money, this allows you to be able to order more than one card and effectively pre-pay for cards just before they drop on the Nvidia website, this bypasses the slow and strained under traffic purchase pages.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The Nvidia store has two layers. The top layer you see which allows you to put a card in the basket and click the checkout button and another hidden layer which passes you over to a different company tasked in doing the actual transaction. What you can do, if you know the item code, is skip the Nvidia basket layer entirely and go straight to the 3rd party company page which takes your money, this allows you to be able to order more than one card and effectively pre-pay for cards just before they drop on the Nvidia website, this bypasses the slow and strained under traffic purchase pages.
I know. I skipped the "Add to cart" button myself.
The API refreshed with visible stock. Then I opened the console in chrome and added the card to cart since the button on front end has not yet updated. Once the button appeared, I was already during checkout or nearing finishing checkout.
But it's not botting. I still had to do normal captcha etc. Also was sure to have all data autofilled before by creating account beforehand

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
I'm trying to gauge how much is it worth all the pain you guys are going through trying to get a 300x card... because I paid $900 more (3090) and it stung like the dickens.. BUT I have the card and never have to worry about trying to buy it day after day.. Hmm..

Malakhov

Banned
I'm talking about bots who check for stock, or scripts if you want. There's also distill you can use, I don't know what they use in the Canada video game deals discord though

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I'm trying to gauge how much is it worth all the pain you guys are going through trying to get a 300x card... because I paid $900 more (3090) and it stung like the dickens.. BUT I have the card and never have to worry about trying to buy it day after day.. Hmm..

I want the card that you have even though I have an RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming and have a PNY XLR8 RTX 3090 on the way.

I don't know which of the following I should do.

1. Keep the XLR8 3090, exchange my 3080 FTW3 for an Asus X570 ROG Crosshair VIII and 64GB of DDR4 RAM @ 3600MHz, and buy a Ryzen 5950X.

2. Keep my 3080 FTW3, return the XLR8 3090 when it arrives, use the refund for it to buy the aforementioned motherboard and RAM, and then buy a Ryzen 5950X.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I want the card that you have even though I have an RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming and have a PNY XLR8 RTX 3090 on the way.

I don't know which of the following I should do.

1. Keep the XLR8 3090, exchange my 3080 FTW3 for an Asus X570 ROG Crosshair VIII and 64GB of DDR4 RAM @ 3600MHz, and buy a Ryzen 5950X.

2. Keep my 3080 FTW3, return the XLR8 3090 when it arrives, use the refund for it to buy the aforementioned motherboard and RAM, and then buy a Ryzen 5950X.

3. Stop posting in this thread ✔

YCoCg

At this point it feels like they should scrap the current 3070 and just go straight to the 16GB version, it feels kinda redundant to be on a waiting list for months for the 8GB version only for them to turn around a few weeks later going "new and improved 16GB!".

mansoor1980

Gold Member
At this point it feels like they should scrap the current 3070 and just go straight to the 16GB version, it feels kinda redundant to be on a waiting list for months for the 8GB version only for them to turn around a few weeks later going "new and improved 16GB!".
when is nvidia planning to release 16gb versions of the 30xx series?

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Why do you need this motherboard?

Is there a reason you're paying a premium over something like the Strix E, a Gigabyte Aorus Master or an MSI Unify/Ace?

1. My current and previous (first) motherboards are by Asus. So, I trust their brand and like their support software.

2. Relative to the Strix E, the Crosshair VIII has twice the LAN speed (5GB/s vs 2.5GB/s), more USB ports (10 vs 6), and more CPU power phases (14 + 2 vs 12 + 4).

EDIT:

My PNY XLR8 RTX 3090 has shipped! Also, PNY has sent me the redemption code for a copy of Watch Dogs: Legion and a one-year membership for GeForce Now.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
So first I miss on the 3080 due to the paper launch and now my country goes into severe lockdown until the 1st of december and Gamestop doesn't know what to do with our PS5 in-store preorders :messenger_loudly_crying:

Is this a sign for me to switch my hobby to something less bad for my morale, like alcoholism?
Big suck

GHG

1. My current and previous (first) motherboards are by Asus. So, I trust their brand and like their support software.

2. Relative to the Strix E, the Crosshair VIII has twice the LAN speed (5GB/s vs 2.5GB/s), more USB ports (10 vs 6), and more CPU power phases (14 + 2 vs 12 + 4).

You sure about the LAN speed? Spec sheet says 2.5 for the crosshair viii:

Unless you are planning on doing some extreme overclocking the crosshair viii is a complete waste. At best you would be looking at a potential 10% OC increase on the crosshair, and that's if you're lucky enough to win the silicon lottery.

The power phases on all of the motherboards I mentioned in my previous post (including the Strix-E if you must stay with Asus) are more than sufficient to run even an overclocked 16 core 3950x.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
You sure about the LAN speed? Spec sheet says 2.5 for the crosshair viii:

Unless you are planning on doing some extreme overclocking the crosshair viii is a complete waste. At best you would be looking at a potential 10% OC increase on the crosshair, and that's if you're lucky enough to win the silicon lottery.

The power phases on all of the motherboards I mentioned in my previous post (including the Strix-E if you must stay with Asus) are more than sufficient to run even an overclocked 16 core 3950x.

1. I've been talking about the Crosshair VIII Formula, not the Crosshair VIII Hero.

3. I want a Ryzen 5950X, not a 3950X.

Last edited:

GHG

1. I've been talking about the Crosshair VIII Formula, not the Crosshair VIII Hero.

3. I want a Ryzen 5950X, not a 3950X.

Then it's worse than I thought, the Formula is terrible value unless you are a power user.

Bottom line is it's your money you're wasting. Unless you actually have a use for 5GBe across a home network somehow then there is no benefit. Unless you want to go for WR OC's then the power phases will make no difference. The 5950X and the 3950X have the same TDP.

Then it's worse than I thought, the Formula is terrible value unless you are a power user.

Bottom line is it's your money you're wasting. Unless you actually have a use for 5GBe across a home network somehow then there is no benefit. Unless you want to go for WR OC's then the power phases will make no difference. The 5950X and the 3950X have the same TDP.
You know damn well he either doesn't care about price or doesn't know about PC hardware in general. Either way, he's a Microcenter wet dream.

BluRayHiDef

Banned

Okay, I will consider your advice.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
You know damn well he either doesn't care about price or doesn't know about PC hardware in general. Either way, he's a Microcenter wet dream.

I do know about PC hardware, which is why I've built two PCs and am building a third. I chose that board because more expensive boards have better quality components and therefore last longer, ensure more stability in performance, and are more resistant to being damaged by overvolting and are less likely to damage the CPU and other connected components via overvolting.

I just want a high-quality board that will last long, be durable, and protective of the components plugged into it. The other features I mentioned are just bonuses (apart from the 10 USB ports, which I genuinely would use).

Having said this, if the Hero is just as well-built as the Formula, I'll get it instead since it also has ten USB ports, while the Strix E has only six. I didn't even know about the Hero because it didn't come up in my search for motherboards; for me, it came down to the Strix E and the Formula.

Last edited:
I do know about PC hardware, which is why I've built two PCs and am building a third. I chose that board because more expensive boards have better quality components and therefore last longer, ensure more stability in performance, and are more resistant to being damaged by overvolting and are less likely to damage the CPU and other connected components via overvolting.

I just want a high-quality board that will last long, be durable, and protective of the components plugged into it. The other features I mentioned are just bonuses (apart from the 10 USB ports, which I genuinely would use)..

Having said this, if the Hero is just as well-built as the Formula, I'll get it instead since it also has ten USB ports, while the Strix E has only ten. I didn't even know about the Hero because it didn't come up in my search for motherboards; for me, it came down to the Strix E and the Formula.

I just prefer to think of you as a rich snob that's like:

giphy.webp

Helps me come to grips with still not getting my 3080.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I’m definitely spending way more on my build than I wanted and especially compared to my last build from 2014. That’s a 4670k and a used GTX 770, which I eventually upgraded to a GTX 1070 along the way. Pretty sure I posted on GAF during the journey, too, so it’s nice to reflect. Think I even bought the used 770 over GAF.

Hello, Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3080, and Samsung 980. Get comfy. We’ll be friends for over half a decade :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Anki

Banned
Too bad I don't plant to get rtx 3080 or 3090 (waiting for 3070) both are available in my local store.

longdi

Banned
I’m definitely spending way more on my build than I wanted and especially compared to my last build from 2014. That’s a 4670k and a used GTX 770, which I eventually upgraded to a GTX 1070 along the way. Pretty sure I posted on GAF during the journey, too, so it’s nice to reflect. Think I even bought the used 770 over GAF.

Hello, Ryzen 5900X, RTX 3080, and Samsung 980. Get comfy. We’ll be friends for over half a decade :messenger_sunglasses:
You forgot 3 years of Xbox live gold to further convert to 3 years of gamepass ultimate using the additional $1 trial. :messenger_bicep:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Too bad I don't plant to get rtx 3080 or 3090 (waiting for 3070) both are available in my local store.

Just spend $200 more than you plan to spend for the 3070 and get a 3080.

Kanton

I was looking at the Hero as well because of the 10 USB ports. What other good alternatives are there? I have an asus 3080 on the way, is it any benefit to stay with an asus moab? (yes, im a pc newb)

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I was looking at the Hero as well because of the 10 USB ports. What other good alternatives are there? I have an asus 3080 on the way, is it any benefit to stay with an asus moab? (yes, im a pc newb)
I looked at the photos of the Hero and Formula more closely and observed that they both actually have eleven USB ports (and one USB Type-C port).

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's amazing the amount of stress I am seeing from not being able to purchase a 3080. I feel it from not getting a PS5 or XSX pre-order, despite trying hard for both.

Im waiting for the 20GB version or the 16GB 3070 if it's faster enough. I have a 2080 Ti and in reality the ONLY reason I want to upgrade is so I can take full advantage of HDMI 2.1 on my LG OLED.

Last edited:
As more time goes by, the more I realize how much I lucked out getting an early 3080FE. All my other orders are getting delayed repeatedly or outright cancelled.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You forgot 3 years of Xbox live gold to further convert to 3 years of gamepass ultimate using the additional $1 trial. :messenger_bicep:
Such a great deal. It’s an excellent time to be a gamer.

I was offered a gigabyte 3080 gaming OC in place of the EVGA i had ordered. I accepted it. It's finally happening.
Congrats! That’s still a great card. When will it arrive?

Top Bottom