• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] The Best Technology/Graphics of 2022: Including bonus 1982 best Visuals Retro.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

By Michael Thompson

A little after the bell rung on 2022, still here we have my full top 5 best Technology/Graphics list of 2022. This is, as always, a tight affair to put things into some level of order and the list will always be subjective. That said, this covers my Top 5 for the year now done and also includes an extra Retro Bonus. Looking back to my childhood and the best games I enjoyed in 1982 between Arcade and home, is there anything on or missing from this list that you would have added. Be it 2022 or 1982, leave you comment below and let me know.

Chapters
0:00 Number 5
4:00 Number 4
8:05 Number 3
12:16 Number 2
16:26 1982 Best Graphics, 40 years of the best Pixels
21:44 Number 1
25:17 The forgotten heroes

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
He doesnt include TLOU or GOW.

Portal RTX is included. sigh.

Top 5 only.

MS gets some criticism towards the end for not releasing any graphically impressive games.

By Michael Thompson

A little after the bell rung on 2022, still here we have my full top 5 best Technology/Graphics list of 2022. This is, as always, a tight affair to put things into some level of order and the list will always be subjective. That said, this covers my Top 5 for the year now done and also includes an extra Retro Bonus. Looking back to my childhood and the best games I enjoyed in 1982 between Arcade and home, is there anything on or missing from this list that you would have added. Be it 2022 or 1982, leave you comment below and let me know.

Chapters
0:00 Number 5
4:00 Number 4
8:05 Number 3
12:16 Number 2
16:26 1982 Best Graphics, 40 years of the best Pixels
21:44 Number 1
25:17 The forgotten heroes

I'm curious what Michael thinks as to whether graphics have stagnated (on console) this year compared to say, the second year of the Ps4 generation. I remember how impressed NX games was with Driveclub, the Order 1886, and Uncharted 4. Are you happy with where we are now? Do you think the second year of the ps5 generation, 7 years on, is keeping pace?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
GAF bout to come through with fat face memes galore .

Game is undeniably the best looking game on PC and PS5 with the only thing close to it for me is Assetto Corsza Competitzone on max everything with 3 screens for full immersion.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ragnarok keeps getting snubbed so hard
A Well deserved snub.

Just putting it next to Horizon Forbidden West which got a completely makeover in the same year just shows how little SSM did to upgrade the graphics. It's a better game than HFW, but you cant phone in graphics like that when you are a Sony AAA studio AND when you're charging $70 for the next gen version.

Let's hope this is the kick in the butt SSM needed to get their shit together.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Pliskin is actually Solid Snake

200w.gif

A Well deserved snub.

Just putting it next to Horizon Forbidden West which got a completely makeover in the same year just shows how little SSM did to upgrade the graphics. It's a better game than HFW, but you cant phone in graphics like that when you are a Sony AAA studio AND when you're charging $70 for the next gen version.

Let's hope this is the kick in the butt SSM needed to get their shit together.
I think there are parts of Ragnarok that are as good looking as Horizon. My jaw was on the floor in the Svartleheim (the dwarf place taking the boat between the little islands). But then there were other realms that felt kinda last gen like vanneheim (is that right? Freya and Freyer's realm).

I agree they couldve pushed things harder. Same with ND with LoU1 remake. So in that way I'm glad they're getting snubbed.

Top Bottom