• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix said:
And for the rest of you who are saying America is stupid - America is not stupid. Kerry WAS a weak candidate. Look at the exit polls available on CNN. Bush was more effective at converting Democrats than Kerry was at converting Republicans. That speaks masses for how poor a choice Kerry was from the very beginning. Though I voted for Kerry, I really just never liked Kerry. This wasn't a vote between a great Democratic candidate and a poor Republican candidate - this was a vote between a sub-par Democratic candidate and an average Republican candidate. Bush for all his annyoying stupidity appeals to rural America because he is rural America. Kerry doesn't really appeal to anyone. If you look at the poll numbers, 71% of the people polled said they were voting more against Bush than they were FOR Kerry. That's a HUGE problem.

In summary - yes much of America is sheep, but given the choices it was easier for many to chose Bush than Kerry. We can lump much of this decision on the Democratic party for choosing Kerry to represent us. If he was the best that the democratic party had to offer, God help us come 2008.

The Dem party really needs to sit back and think about itself during the next 4 years. They have to find someway to will favor in the South. They need to know how to seperate effectively the social and economic principles. I'm also of the view that the new GOP dominiated government will end up shooting itself in the foot. With all this unabashed power you are sure to see some corruption show up in short order.

Seth C

Can most of us at least agree that we'd rather look at Bush's daughters than Kerry's over the next four years? :) Isn't that what is really important?

Triumph

Banned
This is what comes of putting trust in the Democratic Party. They can't be trusted to win a race against a one-legged man, much less beat a vulnerable incumbent that sent us to war for spurious purposes.

Instead of choosing someone who could draw a stark contrast with the President(like, I don't know HOWARD DEAN) over the Iraq War, they went with a wishy washy Senator with all of the conviction of a sea sponge. George W. Bush is definitely the wrong man for the job of President of the United States of America, but John Kerry was certainly never the RIGHT man for it. Voters should have known better back in the primaries when Dem party officials said that Kerry "had the best shot at beating Bush". Uh huh. Kerry couldn't beat his meat. I was dying for a solid Democratic candidate to get behind, someone like Dean. Instead, we got Lurch and I voted for Nader... again.

Seriously, ordinary citizens need to hijack the Democratic Party, for it's own good. They are the most ineffectual, whiny bunch of hacks this side of the UN. If you can't beat the party that stands for deregulating the marketplace to the point that corporations no longer even bother with using lube or giving you a reach around before they stick it to you, well then guess what, Bubba? You're doing something very, very wrong. If you can't beat the party that wants to clear cut our national forests, drill in our arctic wildlife preserve, and allow big corporations to dump toxic waste wherever they please, you suck.

It's time to face some very, very uncomfortable facts, people. A majority of the country voted for Bush this time around. The GOP picked up seats in the Senate and House. Do I really think that people like the Republican Party so much that this phenomenon means a mandate? No, no I don't. What I think it means is that the Democratic Party is a fucking waste of space, oxygen and resources; apologizing for the Democratic Party is like apologizing for your dumb, drunk uncle. You feel bad, but it's really HIS fault.

It's time for regular citizens to take over this stupid machinery and use it to give the system a righteous kick in the ass, before it's too late(well, it's probably already too late). It's time to mobilize and hold our elected representatives accountable for the shit that they do in our name. They'll keep doing it unless we stand up to them and demand better. And it's time for ordinary citizens to run for elective office.

Finally, it's time for us all to start holding the media accountable. They are doing a fucking detestable job in providing America with coverage of issues that really matter. Who gives a flying fuck if Dick Cheney's daughter is a lesbian and if John Kerry mentioned it? Why aren't we hearing about the no bid, excessive length contract that Haliburton received, and the FBI investigation into it? Which is more important to America? That a Presidential candidate noted that the opposition party's VP candidate was an open lesbian, or that the VP candidate's old company may have improperly benefitted in it's business dealings with the federal govt?

The time isn't now. The time is months, maybe years ago. But we, as citizens who have this country run into the ground in our name, have to demand better. Because no one is just going to give it to us. Politics is a blood sport, and if you aren't willing to put up, you better shut up and take what they're gonna give you.

Matlock

Banned
Seth C said:
Can most of us at least agree that we'd rather look at Bush's daughters than Kerry's over the next four years? :) Isn't that what is really important?

I dunno, the one's got some nice breasts.

Wheres a good "Kerry Owened" pic when you need one?

Oh well, FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!

Plus we got the House and Senate as well, and the voters in 11 states overwhelmingly voted for amendments barring homosexual marriages. Democracy is slowly prevailing over activist judges.

Bush will most likely get to appoint some much needed Supreme Court Justices over the next few years, which could lead us to see Roe v. Wade overthrown.

The only dissappointment is Proposition 71 over in California, but we will see what happens with that.

All in all, today has been a very good day! :D :D

Seth C

Matlock said:
I dunno, the one's got some nice breasts.

I'm sure the Bush girls have some nice ones as well, but we just hadn't seen them through a sheer dress yet. Now we have four more years of opportunities! :)

We need an optimist rationalization thread, stat. It'll be about how Bush can't fuck things up that bad, honestly. I need the cheering up.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Do The Mario said:
What would be your reaction be in 30+ years if America was invaded by a superior country so it could be disarmed.

This is just beyond ridiculous. The entire post-war world system is based on a strong United States, for the most part, guaranteeing security and economic growth in the world. You think China is going to invade by far their greatest customer? Or that Europe will invade the US? The same Europe which has very little military capability, no will or ability to pay to acquire such a capability, and has been almost wholly dependent on US security guarantees for 60 years?

I tell you what though, if in 30 years Bush has been dictator for life, has invaded and sacked Canada, attacked Mexico and some other South American countries for good measure, filled up mass graves, and killed anyone who would challenge his power--the rough equivalent to Saddam in Iraq--then I will help China and Europe disarm the US. But you know what? That's ridiculous.

Your views are stunningly poorly thought out. Get some perspective. History did not begin 10 years ago.

DCX

DCX
stare.jpg

" Settle down, settle down...i didn't lose, i quit!! "

DCX

Chony

Manabanana said:
We need an optimist rationalization thread, stat. It'll be about how Bush can't fuck things up that bad, honestly. I need the cheering up.

The house and senate are all R, there is nothing they wont let Bush not do.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Link648099 said:
Plus we got the House and Senate as well, and the voters in 11 states overwhelmingly voted for amendments barring homosexual marriages. Bigotry is slowly prevailing over activist judges.

Fixed.

And I love how they're "activist judges" for, you know, doing their job of telling states and the federal government when they've stepped over the line. Damn them, right?

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
Link648099 said:

Plus we got the House and Senate as well, and the voters in 11 states overwhelmingly voted for amendments barring homosexual marriages. Democracy is slowly prevailing over activist judges.

Bush will most likely get to appoint some much needed Supreme Court Justices over the next few years, which could lead us to see Roe v. Wade overthrown.

The only dissappointment is Proposition 71 over in California, but we will see what happens with that.

go to your hell, nothing better than losing more and more rights, this country utterly disgusts me. i havent been able to sleep you people make me litterly sick to my stomach

When North Korea nukes Tokyo in 2007 and I die in a painful, horrible nuclear conflagration, I want you fuckheads who are giggling about voting for Bush now to feel guilty for JUST ONE SECOND.

Just one.

Fuck.

ManaByte

Raoul Duke said:
Seriously, ordinary citizens need to hijack the Democratic Party, for it's own good. They are the most ineffectual, whiny bunch of hacks this side of the UN. If you can't beat the party that stands for deregulating the marketplace to the point that corporations no longer even bother with using lube or giving you a reach around before they stick it to you, well then guess what, Bubba? You're doing something very, very wrong. If you can't beat the party that wants to clear cut our national forests, drill in our arctic wildlife preserve, and allow big corporations to dump toxic waste wherever they please, you suck.

Raoul Duke said:
It's time for regular citizens to take over this stupid machinery and use it to give the system a righteous kick in the ass, before it's too late(well, it's probably already too late). It's time to mobilize and hold our elected representatives accountable for the shit that they do in our name. They'll keep doing it unless we stand up to them and demand better. And it's time for ordinary citizens to run for elective office.

Raoul Duke said:
The time isn't now. The time is months, maybe years ago. But we, as citizens who have this country run into the ground in our name, have to demand better. Because no one is just going to give it to us. Politics is a blood sport, and if you aren't willing to put up, you better shut up and take what they're gonna give you.

Sounds like you want a civil war.

Vgamer

Matlock said:
Dear Born-Again Christians:

Thank you for fucking the future.

Love,
Matlock

I think the Youth vote 18-25 is more responsible. Supposedly the Youth segment of the population hates Bush but then they are to lazy to go out and vote. Only 17% of 18-25 year olds voted the same as in 2000. If they hated Bush so much they should have gotten off thier couches and voted.

ge-man

Phoenix said:
And for the rest of you who are saying America is stupid - America is not stupid. Kerry WAS a weak candidate. Look at the exit polls available on CNN. Bush was more effective at converting Democrats than Kerry was at converting Republicans. That speaks masses for how poor a choice Kerry was from the very beginning. Though I voted for Kerry, I really just never liked Kerry. This wasn't a vote between a great Democratic candidate and a poor Republican candidate - this was a vote between a sub-par Democratic candidate and an average Republican candidate. Bush for all his annyoying stupidity appeals to rural America because he is rural America. Kerry doesn't really appeal to anyone. If you look at the poll numbers, 71% of the people polled said they were voting more against Bush than they were FOR Kerry. That's a HUGE problem.

In summary - yes much of America is sheep, but given the choices it was easier for many to chose Bush than Kerry. We can lump much of this decision on the Democratic party for choosing Kerry to represent us. If he was the best that the democratic party had to offer, God help us come 2008.

IAWTP. The Democrats have fallen behind in the orginzation process. Republicans are getting the leaders they need and successfully pushing the issue they want while at the same time making the Democrats look like a bunch of condenscending hedonists. This needs to stop right now--the party needs to re-establish the respect and influence it once had. Going with Kerry wasn't the move that was needed.

ManaByte

JackFrost2012 said:
When North Korea nukes Tokyo in 2007 and I die in a painful, horrible nuclear conflagration, I want you fuckheads who are giggling about voting for Bush now to feel guilty for JUST ONE SECOND.

Just one.

Fuck.

Don't worry. The US will invate Iran next year, and North Korea in early 2007.

Link648099 said:

I've never been in a fight, but if you had said that to me today I would have seriously kicked the shit out of you. I don't mind so much that Bush is president, and I don't mind that you're happy about this. What pisses me off is how happy you are that people are having their rights taken away. The fact that you call this discrimination justified would have set me off and you would have been bleeding from the eyes faster than you can think. Don't listen to me, though. I'm just bitter because I have $25 to survive for the month and a shit job I can't bring myself to go to. At least rent and utlities are paid for.

Celicar

Banned
This is great. I'm so happy. I was laughing in this liberal's face today. He was pissed. HAHA

I'm gonna get wasted to celebrate tonight. I can't wait!! YAH!! FOUR MORE YEARS!! Lets party!!

ManaByte said:
Don't worry. The US will invate Iran next year, and North Korea in early 2007.

Oh, cool. Dying slowly from a festering bullet wound after I'm drafted into the Korean conflict is so preferable to a fiery nuclear holocaust.

I feel safer already!

EDIT: You do realize that an armed invasion of North Korea is the MOST LIKELY THING to spur them to attack Japan?

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
BruceWayne said:
Bu..Bu..But he won 3 purple hearts..

hahahahha
suck it down DemoCRUDS and liberals.

Well I don’t care if you’re a republican or democrat but, please thirteen year old boy we are trying to have a political discussion back to the gamefaqs boards please.

Please never post on these forums again

Phoenix

Vgamer said:
I think the Youth vote 18-25 is more responsible. Supposedly the Youth segment of the population hates Bush but then they are to lazy to go out and vote. Only 17% of 18-25 year olds voted the same as in 2000. If they hated Bush so much they should have gotten off thier couches and voted.

Game companies should have delayed the release of GTA: San Andreas until after the election.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Celicar said:
This is great. I'm so happy. I was laughing in this liberal's face today. He was pissed. HAHA

I'm gonna get wasted to celebrate tonight. I can't wait!! YAH!! FOUR MORE YEARS!! Lets party!!

I am about to post the same thing twice

Well I don’t care if you’re a republican or democrat but please thirteen year old boy we are trying to have a political discussion back to the gamefaqs boards please.

Please never post on these forums again

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

Might was well celebrate, enjoy it too, your ass might be in raq or iran in a few years LOL.

xsarien

daedsiluap
JackFrost2012 said:
Oh, cool. Dying slowlly from a festering bullet wound after I'm drafted into the Korean conflict is so preferable to a fiery nuclear holocaust.

I feel safer already!

I propose that for the coming draft, Bush supporters go first. In addition, I think it would be so poetic if it winds up being French intelligence that gives up bin Laden.

myzhi

Banned
Chony said:
The house and senate are all R, there is nothing they wont let Bush not do.

Bush had The House and Senate in his 1st term. But, there was still gridlock due to the Senate Democrats. You need 60 votes to stop the filibusting. By best estimate, the Republican party would still only have 55 seats.

Pimpwerx

How can you not say Americans are stupid? We just elected a guy who made Jimmy Carter's tenure in office look good. Seriously, Bush couldn't even run on the merits of his term, he ran an attack campaign. He won b/c he convinced people that Kerry wasn't better than him, not b/c he convinced people that he was any good. If that's not stupid, what is? Like Raoul, I voted Nader, and I'd do it again in an heartbeat. The only thing convincing me to vote for Kerry was that he wasn't Bush, and that's just plain stupid. Kerry wasn't a good option, but I'm stupified that more than half the country didn't think he could do a better than the shitty job Bush did. Kerry is shit, but Bush has to be a big, steamy pile in comparison. But then again, these are the same people who were outraged that Clinton got a bj. Yet they don't seem to care about ill-conceived wars. Priorities and perspective are way out of wack. But the Dems brought it on themselves by nominating Kerry. He was DOA, and everyone saw it coming. Bush really should never have had a chance. Likewise, had the Reps come with someone stronger in 1996, Clinton would have had a real tough fight on his hands. 4....more.....oh fuck it, I'm leaving. ;) PEACE.

Triumph

Banned
ManaByte said:
Sounds like you want a civil war.
No, what I want is for people to care. I want people to WANT to be informed about the decisions they are going to make, and then to make those decisions.

Mainly, what I want is for the entrenched, useless leadership(national and local) of the Democratic Party to be thrown out on it's ass. They are beyond stupid and useless. They suck harder than a crack whore jonesing for her next rock.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Claus said:
So, when does this civil war break out?

Right after everybody is done watching Extreme Makeover on their TIVOs, finishes the turf wars in San Andreas, eats their Filet-O-Fish sandwiches, and synchs up their IPods. In other words never.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Raoul Duke said:
No, what I want is for people to care. I want people to WANT to be informed about the decisions they are going to make, and then to make those decisions.

Mainly, what I want is for the entrenched, useless leadership(national and local) of the Democratic Party to be thrown out on it's ass. They are beyond stupid and useless. They suck harder than a crack whore jonesing for her next rock.

Well, Daschle IS gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom