• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD MEANS ALL ELECTION-RELATED STUFF GOES IN HERE, DUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenguman

I firmly believe if young voters thought about their future and actually voted, Kerry would have won.

Blame it on those young voters that didn't vote IMO

(unless you live in Texas, then it's understandable :p )

Celicar

Banned
LOL

The liberals on this board are sooooo bitter. And the funny part is they shouldn't be. Bush won the electoral vote AND the popular vote. He is a man of the people!!!

MIMIC

Banned
HeilBush.jpg

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
Celicar said:
LOL

The liberals on this board are sooooo bitter. And the funny part is they shouldn't be. Bush won the electoral vote AND the popular vote. He is a man of the people!!!

every time i see you post i want to punch dicaprio in the face

Vgamer

Guileless said:
Right after everybody is done watching Extreme Makeover on their TIVOs, finishes the turf wars in San Andreas, eats their Filet-O-Fish sandwiches, and synchs up their IPods. In other words never.

Ya if people cant bother to vote why would they bother to have a civil war?

Cool

Celicar said:
This is great. I'm so happy. I was laughing in this liberal's face today. He was pissed. HAHA

I'm gonna get wasted to celebrate tonight. I can't wait!! YAH!! FOUR MORE YEARS!! Lets party!!

PARTY IN CELICAR'S YACHT!

Claus

Banned
Guileless said:
Right after everybody is done watching Extreme Makeover on their TIVOs, finishes the turf wars in San Andreas, eats their Filet-O-Fish sandwiches, and synchs up their IPods. In other words never.

People eat Filet-O-Fish sandwhiches? Ewwww.

DarkAngyl

Link648099 said:
Wheres a good "Kerry Owened" pic when you need one?

Oh well, FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!

Plus we got the House and Senate as well, and the voters in 11 states overwhelmingly voted for amendments barring homosexual marriages. Democracy is slowly prevailing over activist judges.

Bush will most likely get to appoint some much needed Supreme Court Justices over the next few years, which could lead us to see Roe v. Wade overthrown.

The only dissappointment is Proposition 71 over in California, but we will see what happens with that.

All in all, today has been a very good day! :D :D

Holy shit.... :/ It's attitudes like this that give conservatives and Christians a bad name.

You know, it was the gay marriage amendment that got me out to vote. To vote against it. Granted I live in Georgia so it was all but useless, but I tried. And yes I am a Republican/Christian. So we aren't all evil. ;) To the Christians that do think that this amendment is a good thing....I just don't know what to say. I don't think God would want any of his children considered less than citizens...less than human, no matter how much he disagrees with the way they live their lives. I'm not convinced that he's all that upset about gays to begin with. The Old Testament condemns and oks a lot of things that are flipped today. You can't pick and choose. If you are gonna go with one rule, go with them all.

Christianity should be about love and tolerance, not alienation. Bigotry should have no place in our religion.

Celicar said:
LOL

So, a question for all the conservatives out there who voted for Bush.

It's Fall 2006. The draft has restarted. You have your choice of conflicts: Syria, Iran, N. Korea. You could even still go to Iraq! So ... where do you want to go today?

Seriously, pick one. I'm curious.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Some of you people are insane. On both sides of the aisle.

I really hope you crazy liberals leave America, because I don't want any pussies living in my country. And I hope conservatives realize the weight of America's future relies on how much productive litigation is passed now that the Republicans control the political spectrum.

Cool

Celicar said:
LOL

In this case of this election, I don't think it's liberals. I think it's people with atleast half a brain.

ge-man

Raoul Duke said:
No, what I want is for people to care. I want people to WANT to be informed about the decisions they are going to make, and then to make those decisions.

Mainly, what I want is for the entrenched, useless leadership(national and local) of the Democratic Party to be thrown out on it's ass. They are beyond stupid and useless. They suck harder than a crack whore jonesing for her next rock.

I couldn't agree more. There's needs to be an overhaul all the way to the top. I don't know why this didn't start happpening two years ago when their asses where handed to them in the mid-terms. Hopefully a second defeat in the presidential election will be enough for them to realize that they HAVE to change. The Republican party started transforming decades ago and now they are enjoying the fruits of that labor for an indefinite amount of time. If they want to take the White House back or at least bring the country back towards the center left, they need to reset the party itself.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Cool said:
In this case of this election, I don't think it's liberals. I think it's people with atleast half a brain.

No, it's liberals. People are blowing this way out of proportion. The way George Bush is demonized on this board is sick and it speaks volumes about the demographic that frequents this place.

Now, I don't agree with all of Bush's decisions, but I don't call him a bagful of names. I don't know the guy. And he's not responsible for everything that happens; good, bad or indifferent.

DarkAngyl said:
Holy shit.... :/ It's attitudes like this that give conservatives and Christians a bad name.

You know, it was the gay marriage amendment that got me out to vote. To vote against it. Granted I live in Georgia so it was all but useless, but I tried. And yes I am a Republican/Christian. So we aren't all evil. ;) To the Christians that do think that this amendment is a good thing....I just don't know what to say. I don't think God would want any of his children considered less than citizens...less than human, no matter how much he disagrees with the way they live their lives. I'm not convinced that he's all that upset about gays to begin with. The Old Testament condemns and oks a lot of things that are flipped today. You can't pick and choose. If you are gonna go with one rule, go with them all.

Christianity should be about love and tolerance, not alienation. Bigotry should have no place in our religion.

Thank you so much for posting this.

ge-man

Willco said:
No, it's liberals. People are blowing this way out of proportion. The way George Bush is demonized on this board is sick and it speaks volumes about the demographic that frequents this place.

Now, I don't agree with all of Bush's decisions, but I don't call him a bagful of names. I don't know the guy. And he's not responsible for everything that happens; good, bad or indifferent.

I think he deserves to be demonized purely for the debacle in Iraq. His actions are inexcusable. I'm disgusted that more people are disgusted for this mistake of a war.

Vgamer

Willco said:

I agree people blame Bush for literally everything. Hes not perfect but im sure he is trying his hardest to do what he thinks is best for the country.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Willco said:

So as president is the United States bush is not responsible for the War on Iraq and Afghanistan.

He is also not responsible for the economic black hole America is in?

If it’s not bush can you please tell me who is responsible? So I can’t vent my anger there way.

DarkAngyl said:

I'm Gen.Wedge, and I approved this message.

Phoenix

Pimpwerx said:
How can you not say Americans are stupid? We just elected a guy who made Jimmy Carter's tenure in office look good.

Don't go bad-mouthing Jimmy!

Seriously, Bush couldn't even run on the merits of his term, he ran an attack campaign. He won b/c he convinced people that Kerry wasn't better than him, not b/c he convinced people that he was any good. If that's not stupid, what is?

Its called marketing and politics. That is how the system works. Bush chose very key issues, create a couple more and that's where the campaign was decided. When people are only voting for you because they don't like the other guy YOU SUCK. When Bush is more able to readily convert youth, gay, and democratic voters - YOU SUCK! Bush won because Kerry sucked more so than anything else (according to the poll numbers). That's not stupid - in the eyes of many, Kerry wasn't the lesser of the two evils. The gap in votes is some 4 million voters and the issues that decided the campaign: morality, economy and terrorism. Kerry was only strong in the economy, hell we all know that here. Kerry was a domestic candidate. outside the states he has always been viewed as weak. So if your voting base considers international issues the most important things, duh its obvious where the vote is going to go.

Now lets look at Kerry areas: education, healthcare, iraq, economy. Of those 4 - education and healthcare are at the bottom of the list of things people are concerned with. Campaigning on those didn't change anyones mind. So for all the discussion of how the healthcare system would have gotten better - American's didn't care enough about that issue.

Like Raoul, I voted Nader, and I'd do it again in an heartbeat. The only thing convincing me to vote for Kerry was that he wasn't Bush, and that's just plain stupid. Kerry wasn't a good option, but I'm stupified that more than half the country didn't think he could do a better than the shitty job Bush did. Kerry is shit, but Bush has to be a big, steamy pile in comparison.

The problem being that we still don't know if Kerry would have done a good or even a better job. Given the mess that Bush has made, its likely that Kerry would have been buried in shit his whole term and since he'd be going against a republican house and senate - he most likely wouldn't have gotten many of his ideas passed.

When people in your own party are being converted at a high rate, YOU SUCK as a candidate so don't be surprised if you lose. If people aren't voting FOR you, don't be surprised if you lose.

Zilch

Banned
To the Christians that do think that this amendment is a good thing....I just don't know what to say. I don't think God would want any of his children considered less than citizens...less than human, no matter how much he disagrees with the way they live their lives. I'm not convinced that he's all that upset about gays to begin with. The Old Testament condemns and oks a lot of things that are flipped today. You can't pick and choose. If you are gonna go with one rule, go with them all.

But the Bible says that marriage is between one man and one woman. How in the world can you be a Christian and justify gay marriage?

Christians DO NOT hate homosexuals. Don't think that people with "God Hates Fags" picket signs are the majority of Christians. But if what they (gays) want goes against what Christians believe, what should we do? It's like today you can't be against any cause without being called a 'bigot'. Pretty pathetic.

xsarien

daedsiluap
B-B-Bomba! said:
Thanks Xsarien ...

Sell your representative, it's all over :(

For what? (I mean, you're welcome, but I'd like to know what I'm welcoming you for. ;) )

Zilch said:
But the Bible says that marriage is between one man and one woman. How in the world can you be a Christian and justify gay marriage?

The Bible says a lot of things, as society moves forward we may find that some of its "teachings" (and that's in quotes because I'm horribly cynical of organized religion and their texts) may be better off left behind.

I mean, doesn't the Bible also have a word or two about slavery? And when did the Government decide that it was okay to start enforcing the Bible as law, anyway?

MIMIC

Banned
Vgamer said:
I agree people blame Bush for literally everything. Hes not perfect but im sure he is trying his hardest to do what he thinks is best for the country.

That's the problem....what he thinks is best for the country is NOT best for the country.

"Do Americans not see the dangerous precedent set down by there unilateral actions?"

Doing what's right is more important that trying to bring countries to our side who are being bribed by our enemies.

"That's the problem....what he thinks is best for the country is NOT best for the country."

3.5 million more of your fellow citizens disagree.

Cool

Do The Mario said:
So as president is the United States bush is not responsible for the War on Iraq and Afghanistan.

If it’s not bush can you please tell me who is responsible? So I can’t vent my anger there way.

Yeah, seriously. I don't understand why anyone but people who have become filthy rich since the beginning of Bush's term would want him back in office. He's putting everyone at danger who is near the age 17 up into their 20's because we're already in a back door draft, and if he wants to go to Iran, North Korea, and wherever the hell else, he's going to need a draft. We let him win this election. He can do whatever the hell he wants pretty much, whether it be popular or not, it's not like he has any re-election to run for.

Zilch said:
That's great. Doesn't mean the government has any business telling people they can and can't get married, though.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Do The Mario said:

Ultimately, the President is responsible for the decisions to go into Afghanistan and Iraq. Only will you find opposition relating to the latter. But to think that the President woke up, got out of bed and decided to invade arabic countries is absurd. A lot of thought, advising, intelligence and political factors go into any of those decisions. A whole gaggle of people are brought in to discuss the matter.

No, Bush actually is not responsible for the economic problems of America. The slide started before he went into office thanks to the "dot.com bust" which has progressed into labor outsourcing. Under his watch, the economy is starting to head in a favorable direction now. This is the shortest recession ever.

You can blame various members of Congress that blindly support anything that looks bright and shiny, and party heads in addition to President Bush over any frustrations you might be feeling.

xsarien

daedsiluap
CrimsonSkies said:
"Do Americans not see the dangerous precedent set down by there unilateral actions?"

Doing what's right is more important that trying to bring countries to our side who are being bribed by our enemies.

So when do we start doing the right thing? When do we start holding people accountable? I'm tired of Bush and his administration getting away with shit that makes Nixon look like one of our softer, more spineless Presidents.

olimario

Banned
Zilch said:

Christians DO NOT hate homosexuals. Don't think that people with "God Hates Fags" picket signs are the majority of Christians. But if what they (gays) want goes against what Christians believe, what should we do? It's like today you can't be against any cause without being called a 'bigot'. Pretty pathetic.

Our goal is to love and not judge. Love and not condemn.
When we tell homosexuals they cant do things we're judging and condemning and holding them to a standard they haven't adopted as their own. It isn't right.

"lready in a back door draft, and if he wants to go to Iran, North Korea, and wherever the hell else, he's going to need a draft."

Loony. If the republicans vote for a draft in this day and time they'll look like the Democrats did in this election for the 2006 results.

"I'm tired of Bush and his administration getting away with shit that makes Nixon look like one of our softer, more spineless Presidents."

Nixon got caught covering up his operatives stupid moves. Most presidents get away with the cover up. Democrats and Republicans alike.

Vgamer

MIMIC said:
That's the problem....what he thinks is best for the country is NOT best for the country.

Apparently most of the country doesnt agree though according to the results. Bush got the most total votes of Any President in US History and won the popular vote by more then 3.5 million votes.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
CrimsonSkies said:

"That's the problem....what he thinks is best for the country is NOT best for the country."

3.5 million of your fellow citizens disagree.

Worst Post Ever

WTF are you smoking,

I study international politics

And undermining the UN is sure is hell not the right thing to do.

OmniGamer

Celicar said:
LOL

altoids.jpg

Take Dubya's cock out of your mouth and pop one of these.

Zilch said:

GUESS FUCKING WHAT

CHRISTIANITY DOES NOT DEFINE REALITY

"MARRIAGE" != "CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE"

IS THAT CLEAR

Willco

Hollywood Square
CrimsonSkies said:
"lready in a back door draft, and if he wants to go to Iran, North Korea, and wherever the hell else, he's going to need a draft."

Loony. If the republicans vote for a draft in this day and time they'll look like the Democrats did in this election for the 2006 results.

Yeah, there's not going to be a draft. The only way there will be a draft is if there is a huge terrorist attack that's funded by some country or operated within some country. And if that's the case, then Kerry would be force to draft too.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
civil marraige != christian marriage. The bible does not apply. Some of you need to acquaint yourselves with that little principle we call "separation of church and state". No one is asking any christian church to marry gay couples, however gay couples can EASILY demand the state to marry them.

edit - damnit, i didn't mean to come back into this thread.

"Worst Post Ever

WTF are you smoking,

I study international politics

And undermining the UN is sure is hell not the right thing to do."

Obviously you're a failure as a student.

"Take Dubya's cock out of your mouth and pop one of these."

Stating the obvious about the liberal reaction to these results does not warrant the childish images and posts.

Celicar

Banned
OmniGamer said:
altoids.jpg

Take Dubya's cock out of your mouth and pop one of these.

LOL

Case in point. You are bitter. Let it go, bro. If you don't, it's gonna be a looooooong four years. An exciting four years for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom