• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britprog

moojito said:
No way! Hamilton will bring his car to a halt 1 meter from the finish line if it means Alonso winning the wdc if he passes it.

No chance, he will go for the win, he doesn't care about anything else, Italy 09 showed how he thinks. DO OR DIE

Shaneus

Yoritomo said:
And if they had swapped places last race he would still be behind Alonso. At least with Vettel they still have a shot at the championship.

You must be Australian.
You must be new here :lol

Pterion

Britprog said:
If Lewis performs a miracle and wins the WDC I think I will cry with happiness.
Almost did this in Brazil 2008. What a sport!

Yea, Lewis WDC please. Can't imagine the forums meltdown. :lol

Too bad it's going to be another Alonso WDC. :(

Britprog

Deadman said:
That avatar is so funny :lol

Cheers

Moments before impact

18929828.jpg

Chris R

navanman said:
All 4 title contenders tomorrow will look back on the season and honestly say "I should have won the title".

Vettel - I had too many engine and car issues.
Webber - I made 2 mistakes in Valencia and Korea and lost the title.
Alonso - Too many so-so performances in mid-season.
Hamilton - 2 car DNFs and 2 mistakes cost me the title.
exactly what I was going to say. Championship of should have, would have, could have.

rhfb said:
exactly what I was going to say. Championship of should have, would have, could have.

-Vettel has the car to win it but too many early mistakes. Too little too late maybe?
-Webber has the car to win it but not the skill and mental toughness to deal with the pressure. Relatively poor performance in q3(today) compared to the other 3 WDC contenders.
-Alonso didn't have the car early on but now that he does he's on pace for his "5 podiums in 5 races" to the championship
-Hamilton had the car for the early-middle of the season but they lost a bit of ground to RB and Ferrari with the EBD and bad luck from Hamilton.

Shouldn't have even been this close but it is more entertaining.

Pimpwerx

Alonso needs to win the WDC by more than 7 points to avoid controversy in the offseason. That's the difference that Massa made, whereas Vettel is the only other contender to have his team fully behind him. PEACE.

Juicy Bob

Since Spa, Alonso's been immense. Untouchable. He's given the world a masterclass on how to turn a World Championship completely on its head.

I just wish that Webber could've kept his mid-season form. Him winning the title would've been such a feel-good ending to this epic season.

Shaneus

Pimpwerx said:
Vettel is the only other contender to have his team fully behind him. PEACE.
If the team admitted this, I'd be more lenient on them... but they didn't and now they're in a spot where their #1 is a very unlikely chance and their #2 despises them for saying shit they don't mean.

I predict a shitstorm at RBR next year.

If Webber doesn't win the WDC, I'd be more than happy to see Alonso take it. He's been Mr. Consistency this last half of the season, no doubt.

Edit: With Lotus getting the RBR gears and the Renault engine, I'd love to see go over there in 2012 and show up RBR, but he hasn't had the best of luck in a team with green as its primary colour :lol
1812835189_b67ef78be4.jpg

jey_16

Banned
Wow....Alonso haters out in force.... Hamilton not winning the WDC is the main thing, It will be awesome if Alonso wins it but webber winning it will be good as well. The few minutes before the start are going to be so tense

Pimpwerx said:
Alonso needs to win the WDC by more than 7 points to avoid controversy in the offseason. That's the difference that Massa made, whereas Vettel is the only other contender to have his team fully behind him. PEACE.

The only controversy is coming from the News of the World and other British tabloids.

WMC didn't take further action, the decision to swap both drivers at Hockenheim will only be further vindicated if Alonso wins by less than 7 points.

S. L.

Shaneus said:
Edit: With Lotus getting the RBR gears and the Renault engine, I'd love to see go over there in 2012 and show up RBR, but he hasn't had the best of luck in a team with green as its primary colour :lol
1812835189_b67ef78be4.jpg
just because they'll have a Renault engine and an RBR gearbox it won't mean they'll be anything remotely fast.

thou to be fair from what i read their gearbox design was one of their bigger limiting factors this season

moojito said:
No way! Hamilton will bring his car to a halt 1 meter from the finish line if it means Alonso winning the wdc if he passes it.

He should take Alonso out :p

someone reminds Lewis of 2007 when Alonso could've helped him but chose not to, and 2008 when he publicly stated that he will help Massa if he was in a position to do so..

Juicy Bob

This has been the best F1 season I've ever watched. I'm gutted that it'll be all over soon. Although the best may still be yet to come...

No it won't. Vettel will win from Hamilton and Alonso will take the title comfortably after a processional race.

Britprog

Today is gonna be epic, Alonso has it the bag which I would hate it if he does, but he deserves it if gets it. His form is after Spa is amazing!!!

I think Lewis will win!!!

duckroll

Alonso really does have it in the bag. If he somehow loses the WDC today, whatever happens that results in that will be EPIC. If nothing epic happens, he still deserves the championship, but if something epic does happen, this championship will be historic.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Britprog said:
Today is gonna be epic, Alonso has it the bag which I would hate it if he does, but he deserves it if gets it. His form is after Spa is amazing!!!

I think Lewis will win the race, and by doing so, hands the title to Alonso.

Either way, I would rather see smoke coming out of the red car, either from the engine or Alonso's helmet, both are good.

megateto

I just hope Fernando wins so we can all go out and have a big celebration. I live in Oviedo, Spain, his home town and everything Alonso related is pretty big XD.

Vamos Fernando!!!!

Dead Man

Britprog said:

I think Alonso deserves it as much as anyone out there, but why do so many people seem to think a good second half is more important than a good first half? It seems to me that whether your season has a good first half or second half, it still has a bad half (unless you have been good all season, which none of them have been).

Anyway, go go everyone but Vettel! :D

Mush said:
It's something he has a knack for!

Jinjo

In the desert it began and in the desert it will end.

Fuck yes, here we go. Buildup starting. Can not contain the excitement. :D

Webber needs to wipe out Alonso trying to take him, and Vettel needs to fail overtaking Hamilton after he pips him on the first corner and hit a wall.

Hamilton wins, I get £200. Believe.

Britprog

Foliorum Viridum said:
Webber needs to wipe out Alonso trying to take him, and Vettel needs to fail overtaking Hamilton after he pips him on the first corner and hit a wall.

YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Wes

venison crêpe
Can't wait for Alonso to win the championship by the amount of points he gained from the shenanigans in Germany and there is outrage.

Wes said:
Can't wait for Alonso to win the championship by the amount of points he gained from the shenanigans in Germany and there is outrage.

And yet, Webber would likely need Vettel to let him through to win the championship, and Vettel needs others to overtake Alonso.

Pterion

Foliorum Viridum said:

I want to believe!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom