• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
VETTEL WORLD CHAMPION 2010!!!!

Congratulations Seb, congratulations Red Bull Racing!!! Double WC, Constructors and Drivers WC! Unlucky Ferrari, sold the epic Dummy by Webber pitting.

Vettel emotional, as well he should be. Good on him!

I did in post #9812.

Dilly said:
Was that so hard to say the first time instead of using that lol smiley?

Abu Dhabi, just like all Tilke tracks are terrible to overtake. There hasn't been close to no overtakes. The first half of the seasons clearly showed that Alonso can pull of decent overtakes.

Pachael

DancingCactus77 said:
Guess what I am trying to say is—despite all the talk or team orders/team strategies, at the end of the day (in this race), Alonso just needs to pass one car in the time of the last 30 laps or so to secure his Championship. Passing one car should be a requirement for every driver in every race and it's entirely in the hand of the driver to do that. So it comes down to the driver not being able to pass to win, not the strategy or team order.

Alonso needed to pass both Kubica, Petrov and Rosberg to have won. (If Alonso finished 5th Vettel would have won on countback)

Edit: The No. 1 driver became the No. 1 driver. Team Mark joins the long list of Australian chokers 2010 including the cricket team, Sam Stosur and the Wallabies.

Massa

Vettel WDC! Congrats to him, fastest driver of the year with 10 pole positions and 5 wins.

Alonso, Petrov is faster than you! :lol

scarybore

Vettel radio! :lol

Can't believe how badly Ferrari handled the pitstop, on a track that's a pain in the ass to overtake, you don't shove your driver behind a pack of cars that don't have to make a stop unless it's absolutely required.

kharma45

As much as I wanted Alonso to win, he can't go blaming Petrov for not becoming WDC, he just wasn't good enough to get past today.

NHale

DancingCactus77 said:
Guess what I am trying to say is—despite all the talk or team orders/team strategies, at the end of the day (in this race), Alonso just needs to pass one car in the time of the last 30 laps or so to secure his Championship. Passing one car should be a requirement for every driver in every race and it's entirely in the hand of the driver to do that. So it comes down to the driver not being able to pass to win, not the strategy or team order.

You clearly know a lot about F1. If it is so simple to do it, I wonder why drivers have a lot of problems to do it. They're clearly lazy, that's it.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Congrats to Vettel and RBR for phenomenal tactical strategy.

Also MASSIVE KUDOS to Renault. Alonso ( :lol ) will dream his rear.

Blablurn

vettel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom