• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

Renault: giving championships to Alonso and taking them away.

Would love to see Kubica in the best car next year or any year.

Demonstrate any team strategy to me other than what Renault is deploying currently? Vettel's been at the front and Alonso just needs to pass Petrov to win the Championship (about 30 laps ago) and Alonso is struggling to pass him.

ElyrionX said:
Team strategy has got nothing in this race? Are you delusional or just plain dumb?

Dilly

Banned
DancingCactus77 said:
Demonstrate any team strategy to me other than what Renault is deploying currently? Vettel's been at the front and Alonso just needs to pass Petrov to win the Championship (about 30 laps ago) and Alonso is struggling to pass him.

There hasn't been any overtaking, all current positions are because of team strategy.

offshore

Road said:
Renault: giving championships to Alonso and taking them away
Renault probably upset when Alonso said something like Ferrari is the best team he's been at, or something similarly a little disrespectful to Renault.
Dilly said:
Vettel had so much luck today.
Yeah and he's had plenty of "unluck" as well in some earlier races. If his engine hadn't blown out a couple of times he'd be in a good position going into the race.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Norante said:
Domenicali better have a resume ready.

You're fired!!
image_108_18.jpg

Pimpwerx

I'm actually fine with this result to the season. I didn't want Alonso winning #3. I don't care much for Fingerboy, but at least he's not Alonso. PEACE.

Pachael

Dilly said:
There hasn't been any overtaking, all current positions are because of team strategy.

Again it's a hindsight thing but Jenson overtaking Fernando at Turn 1 was also championship changing - Ferrari might not have taken the RBR bait if Mark was struggling behind Jenson and Fernando was sitting fairly pretty in 3rd (that said, Robert might have taken that place anyway with his sterling pace).

And btw, qualifying in Q1 tends to give you a lot of luck, unless you do a Mark and stuff up your starts. I did say sometime back that his starts would come back to haunt him, and here we are!

Dilly

Banned
DancingCactus77 said:

At least explain instead of using a smiley. you sure you aren't mixing up Team orders and team strategy? There hasn't almost been any overtaking and all positions are determined by how the pit stops went and the safety car.

Really,explain me where I'm wrong instead of just laughing.

Vettel is 'lucky' because Hamilton, Webber and Alonso got stuck in traffic while he had none. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the win, but it could have been much harder.

S. L.

navanman said:
Petrov has secured his drive for next year for sure with this drive.
A total road block for Ferrari!
yeah Petrov is really impressive today. Keeping his cool with Alonso in his neck almost the entire race distance.

Britprog

Dilly said:
At least explain instead of using a smiley. you sure you aren't mixing up Team orders and team strategy?

Vettel is 'lucky' because Hamilton, Webber and Alonso got stuck in traffic while he had none.

Vettel has pace, and is bloody hard to overtake here, I don't think Hamilton would have taken him tbh.

I don't like the result of this championship, but the last races were really intense. Right now I'm just hoping that Kobayashi gets a (good) car next season and that Ferrari will get rid of Massa.

offshore said:
Please don't let the Renault engines blow out now...
Won't happen.

kharma45

If Vettel is going to win this I want rid of Legard for next season, couldn't stand seeing and hearing them both again next year.

Guess what I am trying to say is—despite all the talk or team orders/team strategies, at the end of the day (in this race), Alonso just needs to pass one car in the time of the last 30 laps or so to secure his Championship. Passing one car should be a requirement for every driver in every race and it's entirely in the hand of the driver to do that. So it comes down to the driver not being able to pass to win, not the strategy or team order.

Dilly said:
At least explain instead of using a smiley. you sure you aren't mixing up Team orders and team strategy?

Vettel is 'lucky' because Hamilton, Webber and Alonso got stuck in traffic while he had none.

offshore

kharma45 said:
If Vettel is going to win this I want rid of Legard for next season, couldn't stand seeing and hearing them both again next year.
Too right. Legard gets on my nerves. Never thought I'd say that I wanted James Allen back, but oh God anyone but Legard.

Dilly

Banned
DancingCactus77 said:
Guess what I am trying to say is—despite all the talk or team orders/team strategies, at the end of the day (in this race), Alonso just needs to pass one car in the time of the last 30 laps or so to secure his Championship. Passing one car should be a requirement for every driver in every race and it's entirely in the hand of the driver to do that. So it comes down to the driver not being able to pass to win, not the strategy or team order.

Was that so hard to say the first time instead of using that lol smiley?

Abu Dhabi, just like all Tilke tracks are terrible to overtake. There hasn't been close to no overtakes. The first half of the seasons clearly showed that Alonso can pull of decent overtakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom