• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

I mean, the trial presented all the evidence, testimony from both sides, etc. There is nothing new in the documentary except presentation.

I'm not uncomfortable watching it, it just seems like a waste of time. When you guys first started talking about it I was gung ho to do so, but as more and more people familiar with the case start watching and commenting on it, it's apparent that it's not a documentary and has nothing new to offer people already familiar with the proceedings. It seems to go the other way, obfuscating or omitting important info.

It's great in that the story is compelling as fuck and hopefully it leads to some further examination of small town policing which is universally shit, but there is nothing new in it. It's just repackaged old information. Why watch that when I can watch Tin Cup again?

I tend to not read or watch any documentaries whose goal is to coerce. There just isn't a ton of value in propaganda.

Same reason I don't watch ESPN or FOXNews!

i think a lot of people came away saying well i don't know if he did it or didn't do it but i can't understand how the jury found him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and that was the goal of the documentary. every documentary has an agenda so of course they left some shit out, but even the stuff they left out doesn't change my mind on the "beyond a reasonable doubt".

it was an entertaining watch but i suspect it wouldn't be as entertaining if you followed the case as it unfolded. i vaguely remember the case being in the news but didn't follow it at all

eznark

Banned
i think a lot of people came away saying well i don't know if he did it or didn't do it but i can't understand how the jury found him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and that was the goal of the documentary. every documentary has an agenda so of course they left some shit out, but even the stuff they left out doesn't change my mind on the "beyond a reasonable doubt".

it was an entertaining watch but i suspect it wouldn't be as entertaining if you followed the case as it unfolded. i vaguely remember the case being in the news but didn't follow it at all

That's not true at all.

My problem isn't that people came away with that conclusion, it's that the filmmakers created a series and presented it as a documentary with that express outcome in mind, without letting the audience know that that was their intention. It's dishonest.

That's not true at all.

My problem isn't that people came away with that conclusion, it's that the filmmakers created a series and presented it as a documentary with that express outcome in mind, without letting the audience know that that was their intention. It's dishonest.

so your problem is with people who would take a documentary of any type as 100% fact and have their potential opinion of a subject matter manipulated by the filmmakers

you are a smart fellow eznark. you should still watch the documentary as it is entertaining.. or don't! I'd personally rather watch some Nathan For You!

DJ Bowser

Everyone has been telling me I need to watch it as I'm a very vocal proponent of police accountability and justice system reform, but I doubt it will raise any more ire in me than other cases have. Also, I don't want to feel any sympathy for someone who threw a cat into a fire.

I'm really happy the documentary has come out and opened a lot of people's eyes even if it is apparently a little bit intellectually dishonest. It's the pragmatist in me.

eznark

Banned
C'mon DJ, he doused it in gasoline first so it would die faster. He isn't a monster.

so your problem is with people who would take a documentary of any type as 100% fact and have their potential opinion of a subject matter manipulated by the filmmakers

you are a smart fellow eznark. you should still watch the documentary as it is entertaining.. or don't! I'd personally rather watch some Nathan For You!

Like you said, it's probably less entertaining if you already know the details. It is a fucking hell of a story.

I'd probably watch the Nightline version of it...but a whole series? Nah. That's one of the more amusing things about Making a Murderer and Serial. Why aren't all you millenials flocking to Nightline?? They have this same story on every week!

brentech

Which prison game is this that's being played?

I have the escapists but haven't played it.

Prison Architect
Later tonight I'm going to lock everyone in the Canteen and see who comes out the winner.
(Mostly because I want to build new. I made a mistake in only having normal security inmates. You need max in order for prisoners to create gangs..which is what I wanted to see happen between us).

Somnia

I'll do it, I don't give a fuck!

I had to play Robo-Cam and came out alive.

Almost losing to Robo-Redskins makes me fear Robo-Gurley though.

It's not worth it, fam. Think about the children.

I literally started cracking up laughing at the bolded, mainly because of something Luke said, he'll get it at least.

eznark

Banned
Guys I laughed at an inside joke only my good friend LUKE SMITH (you know, he made HALO maybe you have heard of it) will get.

LukeSmith

The full joke was that on the 2016 List of Stuff White People Say is Fam, but when white people say it, they use it to talk to one person.

It's something I'm reminded of frequently by a number of our junior league members

Guys I laughed at an inside joke only my good friend LUKE SMITH (you know, he made HALO maybe you have heard of it) will get.

dac15_cool.gif

eznark

Banned
dickhead you aren't supposed to chime in until after somnia posts his disproportionately irritated and long winded explanation.

DJ Bowser

The full joke was that on the 2016 List of Stuff White People Say is Fam, but when white people say it, they use it to talk to one person.

It's something I'm reminded of frequently by a number of our junior league members

"Fam" is a term coined by Soka to describe his AFC South brothers last year. It has since been appropriated far too many times by varying races and socio-economic classes, but the depth of its meaning is the fraternity of Madden 15's AFC South.

Greg

"Fam" is a term coined by Soka to describe his AFC South brothers last year. It has since been appropriated far too many times by varying races and socio-economic classes, but the depth of its meaning is the fraternity of Madden 15's AFC South.
:'))))

LukeSmith

stuff white people say

When you gonna be back?
Lol do you trust him to make it on time

He is gonna be worse than last night by the time you get to play him. Shooting a teammate because he got scared 5 seconds into defending and then shouting out "there's a shock drone!!" While we are on offense lmao

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
rip Welli

RIP Wellington

You reap what you sow :'(

Are you guys talking my prison dude or the fact that the Flying LJs are going to destroy me.

brenttrek: i just locked Bowser, Welli, Pete, LJ, and Cola into the chapel
brenttrek: and soka out of no where broke his toilet and get beat down by the cops. not even in the chapel
brenttrek: it has begun, just 6 hours later. wellington is smashing up benches
brenttrek: welli still smashing shit, but hasn't turned to hitting an inmate yet
brenttrek: WE HAVE A FIGHT. WELLI AND LJ!
brenttrek: LJ WON! AND HE'S STILL HITTING WELLI'S UNCONCIOUS BODY!
brenttrek: WELLI IS DEAD, WELLI IS DEAD

I made you guys my play things, and welli paid the price.
Damn dude. Done in by LJ. At least it was another New Yorker and not one of you pussified mid-westerners

Wellie put up the same amount of fight that his Madden team does.

Art imitates life my friend, it's like watching the Giants.

Sokantish

I think Smokey called someone fam and I just wanted to be cool like Smokey :(

Lol do you trust him to make it on time

He is gonna be worse than last night by the time you get to play him. Shooting a teammate because he got scared 5 seconds into defending and then shouting out "there's a shock drone!!" While we are on offense lmao

Lol.

Top Bottom