• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Nightz

I've always wanted to beat RDR. I don't think I cloud saved so the thought of having to slog through Mexico again always deters me from replaying it.

brentech

but that music when you enter mexico

BigAT

God I would love to watch this:

Desus Nice ‏@desusnice
bring back MTV cribs but with gilbert arenas breaking into celebrities cribs unnannounced

brentech

In conjunction with, "All of Brent's electronics hate him", I'd like to do an update.

PC: Starting with the obvious computer problems, which finally seem to have gone away - but I'm still scared of: I replaced my GPU, PSU, and clean installed Windows 10 to fix the problem of crashing during games. Things have been good since the clean install.

PS4: disc drive ejecting at random, even when there isn't a disc in it. Probably just not going to fix it and junk it when PS4.5 comes out. RIP Alpine White Destiny PS4. I put this one squarely on your shoulders Luke. It's basically like you FB dived me all over again.

Monitor: For the past 4 months or so, my ASUS VG248qe monitor has at completely random, not very often, started to display thin horizontal lines of screen static. Lasts for under a second, but usually happens when opening or closing a program. Have 2 other monitors and they don't have the issue.

Headphones: I can't hear myself, but CB and AT tell me there is some problem with my mic when using my Astro A40s. Still trying to figure out if that is hardware or software, but
sick.gif

Fitbit: I've had a Fitbit Charge HR since last august and..well it's a shitty made product so it's breaking as one would expect. My wife's broke before mine, so, I win? I don't give a shit about tracking steps, but I do really like the heart rate monitor for my runs/rowing/cycling/weight lifting, gives you a good baseline. (this one is kind of resolved because they've sent both my wife and now are sending me a replacement for free - pretty well known issues)

giphy.gif

In conjunction with, "All of Brent's electronics hate him", I'd like to do an update.

PC: Starting with the obvious computer problems, which finally seem to have gone away - but I'm still scared of: I replaced my GPU, PSU, and clean installed Windows 10 to fix the problem of crashing during games. Things have been good since the clean install.

PS4: disc drive ejecting at random, even when there isn't a disc in it. Probably just not going to fix it and junk it when PS4.5 comes out. RIP Alpine White Destiny PS4. I put this one squarely on your shoulders Luke. It's basically like you FB dived me all over again.

Monitor: For the past 4 months or so, my ASUS VG248qe monitor has at completely random, not very often, started to display thin horizontal lines of screen static. Lasts for under a second, but usually happens when opening or closing a program. Have 2 other monitors and they don't have the issue.

Headphones: I can't hear myself, but CB and AT tell me there is some problem with my mic when using my Astro A40s. Still trying to figure out if that is hardware or software, but
sick.gif

Fitbit: I've had a Fitbit Charge HR since last august and..well it's a shitty made product so it's breaking as one would expect. My wife's broke before mine, so, I win? I don't give a shit about tracking steps, but I do really like the heart rate monitor for my runs/rowing/cycling/weight lifting, gives you a good baseline. (this one is kind of resolved because they've sent both my wife and now are sending me a replacement for free - pretty well known issues)

giphy.gif

Clearly you would not have these issues if you weren't using Armstrong Internet.

LJ11

Brent, my launch ps4 started to eject discs as well, there's a screw you can tighten and it should fix it. Small sample size but I haven't had one in about a week. Check out youtube, its easy, just need a thin screwdriver to pass through the vent.

brentech

Brent, my launch ps4 started to eject discs as well, there's a screw you can tighten and it should fix it. Small sample size but I haven't had one in about a week. Check out youtube, its easy, just need a thin screwdriver to pass through the vent.

I've already done it a couple times, no go. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all - other times it just won't stop.

brentech

The sideshow fights haven't been nearly as entertaining as they should have been.
The fights were set up to be good, just didn't execute that way. I do think certain fighters deserved to be on 200 much more though.
In practice this has been a fairly dull card.

Last nights title fight between JJ and Claudia was more entertaining than any main card fight tonight to this point.

BigAT

The fights were set up to be good, just didn't execute that way. I do think certain fighters deserved to be on 200 much more though.
In practice this has been a fairly dull card.

Last nights title fight between JJ and Claudia was more entertaining than any main card fight tonight to this point.

Yeah, but tonight was always going to be about names more than about who deserved it more.

Ugly fight for Meisha. Women's division looks like the ultimate rock-paper-scissors competition right now. Whenever someone looks dominant, they get fucking wrecked by someone else the next fight.

brentech

Yeah, but tonight was always going to be about names more than about who deserved it more.

Ugly fight for Meisha. Women's division looks like the ultimate rock-paper-scissors competition right now. Whenever someone looks dominant, they get fucking wrecked by someone else the next fight.
I think Lawler has a bigger name than a handful of people on this card, and hasn't had a boring fight in a long time. That's one of the people I personally think should have been a part of this event.

BigAT

Putting out a feeler for this, would anyone be interested in participating in a speedrun race of a game? Would likely be able to stream it out, I'm thinking Super Mario 64 or Super Mario World.

So far:

1. BigAT
2. CB

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So while testing out OBS, the thing I quickly realized about playing Mario World on a computer is hooooooooly shit I cannot play this game with a xbox 360 d-pad. Its a travesty. I dont know that the PS4 d-pad would be much better.

Putting out a feeler for this, would anyone be interested in participating in a speedrun race of a game? Would likely be able to stream it out, I'm thinking Super Mario 64 or Super Mario World.

So far:

1. BigAT
2. CB

I will chip in a copy of OW on PC to the winner!

serious offer but no one wants OW on PC
cBj1LTf.png

So while testing out OBS, the thing I quickly realized about playing Mario World on a computer is hooooooooly shit I cannot play this game with a xbox 360 d-pad. Its a travesty. I dont know that the PS4 d-pad would be much better.

Are DS4s a lot easier to deal with in Windows now? It's been a while since I tried.

brentech

Same. I use it for everything game on Windows 10, only difference is that I use InputMapper. I only use it wired though, never tried Bluetooth for it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think i need a nice, peaceful game to play before the combination of Dota + OW drives me off a bridge.

Top Bottom