• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NFL Week 13 Thread - RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitokage said:
So hopefully people here will admit the refs didn't hand the Pats that win, the Ravens did. ;)
obviously that wasn't a touchdown nor didn't i see a "fistfull of jersey" that caused the hold. But consider me blind. But billick did cost the game. I give you that.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Tamanon said:
:lol

"I heard the whistle blow, I would've gotten the first down if they didn't. I just stopped"

Brady's such a jackass.:lol

That comment is pretty wild, however, there was a replay shown during the game where the ref did start blowing the whistle before the ball was snapped.

You know, for a second? What he said could be true.

Big-E

topsyturvy said:
obviously that wasn't a touchdown nor didn't i see a "fistfull of jersey" that caused the hold. But consider me blind. But billick did cost the game. I give you that.

It was a touchdown. The ball was moving but he still had possession. His fingers were on the ball the entire time and that qualifies as a catch.

Tamanon

Banned
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
i was going to reply with that but jaxonville is in the AFC north :lol

also Jets - Dolphins - Pats hate each other too much to divide us :p.

and Buffalo - Jets is usually fun to watch

I would kill to have my team in the AFC North. We tend to do a lot better against their division than we do against our own.

Jacksonville Jaguars are in the AFC South

Big-E said:
It was a touchdown. The ball was moving but he still had possession. His fingers were on the ball the entire time and that qualifies as a catch.

i'm pretty sure when it's is moving from one hand to the other as you catch you currently don't have possession.

Big-E said:
he switch hands which means that he didn't had full possession of the ball. Its a done deal anyway. fucking billick.

Mooreberg

Tamanon said:
I would kill to have my team in the AFC North. We tend to do a lot better against their division than we do against our own.

jaxonville is more akin to the AFC north

Innotech

Banned
IM the most impressed with that crazy hail mary throw at the end. If the reciever had been a yard back the Pats would have shit their pants.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Some of you need to visit www.nfl.com sometime.

topsyturvy said:
he switch hands which means that he didn't had full possession of the ball. Its a done deal anyway. fucking billick.
Had the touchdown been called back the Patriots would have had a 1st and Goal and the 1 yard line or so, with more time to burn.

Big-E

Innotech said:
IM the most impressed with that crazy hail mary throw at the end. If the reciever had been a yard back the Pats would have shit their pants.

It shouldn't even happened due to the butterfingers the previous play and the fact that Samuel was basically tackled by Mason on the final play.

What I'm trying to figure out is why people don't think the Gaffney TD was a catch, you do realize that you're allowed to move the football in your hands once you establish possession, right? Otherwise you'd have to discredit every single reception in the history of the NFL, the only guy in NFL history with a legit reception would be that guy who got the football stuck in his helmet.

Tamanon said:

for some reason i always get that mixed, i meant indy being in the south. i know the teams in the division and i know the north is steelers - bengals. i think i have dislexia. i said that at work yesterday too.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why the Ravens(aswell as about 25 other teams) only rush three defenders late in games?

When the ravens got the ball back w/ about 40 seconds left on the last possesion, the patriots rushed 5 & based on that alone, deserved to win the game.

Tamanon said:

I don't miss the days of the old Central with the Steelers, Ravens, Jags, and Titans....yeah, the Bengals and Browns were there too, I guess. Jags and Titans always played and still play the Steelers tough.

Kintaro

BTW, on that time out. Was it Billick with the call? On the replay, it didn't look like Billick making the time out.

Well one thing is for sure. The Patriots don't have that "aura" of a few weeks ago. Teams would go into those games already mentally beat a la the early Mike Tyson days. Now teams know that the Pats can possibly be beaten with the right gameplan...Pats are a finesse team that don't like the physical "smashmouth" approach that the Eagles and Ravens have played. Even Moss doesn't like being bumped and pushed around...

I still see the Colts as the best bet to knock them off come playoff time, assuming they're fully healthy...

Kusagari

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
he's started 3 games and has given up 1 pick that was his fault. i have nothing but optimism for Beck.

He also has never even got close to getting a TD. I believe Beck can be a good QB in this league, but the way he played in the Jets game will get him killed against NE. He stands in the pocket way too long even if nothings developing.

AirBrian

theviolenthero said:
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why the Ravens(aswell as about 25 other teams) only rush three defenders late in games?

When the ravens got the ball back w/ about 40 seconds left on the last possesion, the patriots rushed 5 & based on that alone, deserved to win the game.
Because teams would rather double cover receivers and put extra defenders in safety zones than rush and try for pressure and sacks while risking single coverage.

harSon

Banned
Spectral Glider said:
I don't miss the days of the old Central with the Steelers, Ravens, Jags, and Titans....yeah, the Bengals and Browns were there too, I guess. Jags and Titans always played and still play the Steelers tough.

I definitely don't miss the Titans, Mcnair pissed me the hell off in his prime.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Forza: I think a crucial factor was the 30mph wind which took away the Patriots' deep passing game. That won't be at every team's command in the future.

harSon

Banned
Hitokage said:
Forza: I think a crucial factor was the 30mph wind which took away the Patriots' deep passing game. That won't be at every team's command in the future.

Yes, lets completely toss aside the Ravens impressive defensive play.

harSon said:
Yes, lets completely toss aside the Ravens impressive defensive play.

uh, they played ok, but the pats dropped way too many passes, and the deep bombs were there but fell short due to the wind. and they still gave up 27 points....

oh well, steelers are the last hope from preventing them from going 16-0. They are a running team after all. ;). plus with hobbs and harrison out, the steelers shouldn't have much to worry about offensively.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
topsyturvy said:
the steelers shouldn't have much to worry about.

Except for the fact they're playing the Patriots.

The secondary of Pittsburgh is no where near the level of Baltimore's secondary so I expect at least 3 TD's from Brady.

Kintaro

soulja224466 said:
uh, they played ok, but the pats dropped way too many passes, and the deep bombs were there but fell short due to the wind. and they still gave up 27 points....

Second week in a row this has been a problem. Very weird. People overlook this though. Could easily say "if the pats caught the fucking ball, this game was not even close". Of course, you say that in here and you're roast chicken.

Why are Pats fans so damn bitter about calls when THEY WON THE DAMN GAME?

Now I have listen to OMG Patriots and OMG Tom Brady all week on ESPN. Looks like no TV for me this week.

Hell of a game though, I don't see the Steelers competing with the Pats but who knows, might be good!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Oldschoolgamer said:
What the fuck...

That was an awesome throw...and...nothing. Wow. Fuck the folks on the sidelines that called that stupid time out.
89higb8.jpg
7ypprn9.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Spectral Glider said:
Yeah he did. Was even worse than Warren Moon and the Oilers.

At least you guys weren't thoroughly dominated through the years by....

David Carr...

:(

Thank God Testaverde is playing instead of Carr this weekend!

The insane hate for the Pats is hilarious, if your team faces them fine but most of your teams don't so who cares. This was the best game of the year, the drama of going undeafeted is making their game every week be a much watch, I love it.

I do want them to lose, and I actually have a reason, its cause I am a Dolphin fan. So if they could just lose one game then I can actively root for them to win cause lets face it, they deserve it. But if they don't lose this season, then I have to be against them in the playoffs, so how about you lose one pointless game so I can be at peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom