• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Magazine - Top Fifty DS games (yep, its a list)

nli10

Amir0x said:
i'm sorry wanky Nintendo fanservice for the manchildren set cannot compensate for critical gameplay failures

Amen brother.

No high score table with ability to put your initials in. IN FUCKING TETRIS?? We sat there in shock after that discovery. No point in all night sessions if you can't destroy each others scores. One score with no ID for it per mode is not enough. Will stick to older versions that do have this feature.

selig said:
No Picross 3d?

Just from playing the demo I love it.

Wasn't out when list was voted on.

TWEWY is over-rated. Original & fun, but over-rated.

All interesting games though, mostly just shows who buys the mag.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Dascu said:
No Bangai-O Spirits? Spirit Tracks and TWEWY in the top 10?

14jyy9y.gif

Hey you shut up TWEwY is at least top five.

pulga

Banned
TWEWY should be number one, but I'm happy it made the top 10. Where the fuck are the Crystal Chronicles games and Rune Factory?

seady

Where Meteos, Rhythm Heaven?
Why is the best game on DS - Kirby Canvas Curse - so low on the list?
Why are the shitty Zelda games take up two spots on the top 10? (I sincerely think those Zelda games are crap, and that comes from a Zelda fan)

geeko

We should create our own top 50 NDS list to see how it differs. Some sort of vote thread. Post your top 20 and have some sort of point structure. Sounds like it would be some work, but you Gaffers can do anything, I mean you created Dudebro who's quite possibly the coolest video game character ever.

Amir0x said:
Tetris DS cannot be in my top ten or anywhere close because it employs infinite spin, critically ruining otherwise perfect game balance. Any Tetris with infinite spin loses.

Also, why is the one standard mode only 200 line clears? Should go forever. Many of the other modes, while neat, similarly end too quickly at too easy a difficulty. They really needed to extend many of these modes to some "endless" mode.

As to the list itself, it fails because Animal Crossing is in the top ten, let alone the top fifty. Instantly invalidating anything on the list.

Also, :lol ONM

Tetris DS has an endless mode doesn't it?

Hotel Dusk is way too fucking low on that list. And Spirit Tracks? As a huge Zelda fan I have to say that game was a tremendous fucking disapointment. There are two main Zelda games I've never beaten. One is Zelda 2, I just found it to be a pain in the ass, and the other is Spirit Tracks, simply because I just didn't care enough to finish it.

Xater said:
The top 10 aside, ther eis way too much shit on that list!

50. WarioWare: Touched
49. Mario Slam Basketball
47. Custom Robo Arena
44. Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings
41. StarFox Command
39. Sonic Rush Adventure
34. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Time
33. Mario Party DS
31. Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
22. Metroid Prime Hunters
15. Scribblenauts

Really now? These titles belong on this list?

Mario Slam Basketball and Mario Party DS are both incredible, and I think they deserve better spots.

Mario Slam Basketball has some of the best visuals and one of the best soundtracks on the DS, and the gameplay is top-notch. It also offers a huge challenge rarely found in Mario/Nintendo/sports/DS games if you play it on the hardest difficulty.

Mario Party DS is the most fun I've had with a Mario Party game since the N64 days, and that's coming from somebody who still loves the franchise to this day, and still hopes for a Mario Party 9 (Mario Party 8 was shit by any standards). The minigames were brilliant, it used the DS' features really well, and it had 4-player multiplayer with only a single cartridge. And not even a gimped version, like Mario Kart DS, but the full game.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
that's one almost embarrassing list.

At least GAF seems united in the opinion that the list is terrible. I can't even begin to figure out the logic behind some of their choices, positions, and omissions.

faridmon

Shig said:
No Chocobo Tales, Rocket Slime, Rhythm Heaven, Meteos, Space Invaders Extreme, Trauma Center, Contra 4, Etrian Odyssey, Soul Bubbles, Phantasy Star Zero, Orcs & Elves, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier, Devil Survivor, Lunar Knights, etc. etc etc.
not released in Europe.

how the hell do you guys get things?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
GhaleonQ said:
Wait, I'm sorry. You received the game entitled, "Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland," but not Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol?

european video game releases are decided by a complex set of mathematical equations, supercomputers, and coin flips

Top Bottom