• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official November 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

RBH said:
And it's right smack in the middle of finals week for me. :(

I'll just take a peek at the numbers without witnessing the actual carnage in tomorrow's NPD thread.

This exactly what happened to me last NPD. However by the time i got home from my exam, the thread had exploded making it damn near impossible to read.

I think matching the 360 last years figures of 500k ish is the bare minimum but I dont think they will achieve it, the 360 managed 500k and it had all the publicity from the launch of the Wii and PS3 to compete against, I mean everyone was predicting the PS3 would kick its arse.

I do however think a premium product like the PS3 could do disprortionatly better at Christmas because people will promise one for Christmas or Boyfriends/Husbands will ask for one unlike the Wii which is cheap enougth to pick up anytime of the year.

Brakara

Barnolde said:
It'll be like this: Wii > 360 >>>> PS3

Nah, I don't really think the difference between Wii and 360 will be that much different than the difference between 360 and PS3.

Not that it matters anyway, since we'll know the answer in 10 hours or so...

Culex

Banned
Today's the day gents.

Utter dominance by the Wii as numbers are released by Media-Create and NPD later today!

The mighty shall fall in a blaze of bans soon enough.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Borys said:
10 hours till bailout.gif for Sony fans.

:(
Sony can whether this storm just fine. So can Microsoft if it comes to it. If I wanted to name one company that would be most vulnerable to getting hit by low console sales, it would be Nintendo. And it so happens they don’t have anything to worry about this gen.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Damn, it is time again. Hopefully we can get some expanded numbers this month so that I can use for more analysis.

donny2112

I won't be around when the NPD is released this evening, so the point totals will probably be posted later tonight. If Cheesemeister is available, he'll probably post the unit rankings, though. :)

donny2112

Borys said:
How much till the Gates of Mordor open?

They released about ten minutes ago. Everyone else at GAF has seen them, but we all agreed to wait until the time specified in the first post of this thread before discussing them. We all agreed to act surprised, too, so you wouldn't feel left out.

donny2112 said:
They released about ten minutes ago. Everyone else at GAF has seen them, but we all agreed to wait until the time specified in the first post of this thread before discussing them. We all agreed to act surprised, too, so you wouldn't feel left out.
We have? I haven't, you peeps have secret locations for these things don't you.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I did not actually see them, BTW. Was just playing on donny2112's post, which I took as a joke... BUT MAYBE IT WASN'T. :lol

Anyway, I look forward to coming back from lunch and gazing into the abyss.

donny2112

WickedAngel said:
Not sharing any/all NPD information via PM is punishable by death. You've been warned.

Pro-Tip:
NPD doesn't release their results early even if your name is Bill Gates/Reggie/guy who replaced Peter. It is released after the market closes. If they released it earlier to a select few, it would essentially be insider trading. The SEC frowns on stuff like that.

In case it's still not clear, I was joking. :lol

donny2112 said:
Pro-Tip:
NPD doesn't release their results early even if your name is Bill Gates/Reggie/guy who replaced Peter. It is released after the market closes. If they released it earlier to a select few, it would essentially be insider trading. The SEC frowns on stuff like that.

In case it's still not clear, I was joking
about the release time being in the first post of this thread
. :lol

What if you're Jesus...

...can Jesus get them?

donny2112

WickedAngel said:
What if you're Jesus...

...can Jesus get them?

Jesus got them before time began. He's doesn't have to wait until this evening. Also, I'd imagine that Jesus' tracking ability for the number of systems/games sold in November might be a teensy bit better than NPD's.

duk

Banned
chespace said:
I did not actually see them, BTW. Was just playing on donny2112's post, which I took as a joke... BUT MAYBE IT WASN'T. :lol

Anyway, I look forward to coming back from lunch and gazing into the abyss.

DAMN U

donny2112 said:
Jesus got them before time began. He's doesn't have to wait until this evening. Also, I'd imagine that Jesus' tracking ability for the number of systems/games sold in November might be a teensy bit better than NPD's.

Maybe that's why he's looking up in that one picture of him. Completely Eye Toy based PS4 CONFIRMED????

:O

donny2112

BenjaminBirdie said:
Maybe that's why he's looking up in that one picture of him. Completely Eye Toy based PS4 CONFIRMED????

:O

I must say, that conclusion took me by surprise. :lol

OT:
Early reports of leaked names from the Mitchell Report are already out. Either steroid use has pervaded every pore of baseball or some players are probably going to be accused falsely.

Darkman M

Wonder how many people will be banned today:lol , not to mention this will be the first npd for the new junior members this should be entertaining.

GhaleonEB

Darkman M said:
Wonder how many people will be banned today:lol , not to mention this will be the first npd for the new junior members this should be entertaining.
I'm pulling for an apocalypse of VF5-goes-to-360 proportions.

Kosma

Banned
_41836384_huddle300.jpg

Top Bottom