• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official November 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

donny2112 said:
Jesus got them before time began. He's doesn't have to wait until this evening. Also, I'd imagine that Jesus' tracking ability for the number of systems/games sold in November might be a teensy bit better than NPD's.

He's probably a fanboy though.

I'm ready

npd.jpg

rhino4evr

im really interested to see how well Mass Effect did. I REALLY doubt it's sold 1 mil., like reported. It will bne interesting to see how Galaxy did as well.

rhino4evr said:
im really interested to see how well Mass Effect did. I REALLY doubt it's sold 1 mil., like reported. It will bne interesting to see how Galaxy did as well.

Why would it come up a million on NPD? It's sold 1 Mil (supposedly) worldwide LTD.

Damn, I've got lots of meetings and will miss the fireworks.

Well, you people better be working on your GIFs, I expect to see some damn good GIFs when I finally get to see the epic November NPD results thread.

neptunes

Kyoufu said:
It won't bother me how much Sony has sold in November. I HAVE GT5 PROLOGUE AND ITS BEAUTIFUL!
why the post then?

rhino4evr said:
ME 650-750k

Kosma

Banned
The most important thing is to see if COD4 (combined) outsold Mario Galaxy.

I've had a bet with some guy here about it but it seems he has been banned in the mean time :(

Christine

chespace said:
I did not actually see them, BTW. Was just playing on donny2112's post, which I took as a joke... BUT MAYBE IT WASN'T. :lol

Anyway, I look forward to coming back from lunch and gazing into the abyss.

This NPD... the abyss gazes into you.

donny2112

papelnabangka said:
If Amazon is anything to go by,

It really isn't.

ANYWAYS, the numbers should have been released by now, so we may start getting vague hints from our resident vague-hinting guys.
You know who you are.
Be sure to get spun up into a frazzle at every post that says "You will not believe these numbers!" or "Certain groups are going to go crazy when they see these!" It's all part of the fun, fun, lead-in to the monthly NPD threads! :D

When do they release numbers?!?!?!?!?
just kidding

Anyways, I really wish we had numbers for games like My Word Coach/My Spanish Coach/NY Times Crosswords....it would just be interesting to see the sales for those on the DS.

Xeke

Banned
papelnabangka said:
If Amazon is anything to go by, it will be SMG>COD4(all versions)>AC(all versions)>Mario&Sonic>MassEffect>Uncharted

If Amazon is anything to go by the PS3 should have won the month after it's first "price drop".

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Kyoufu said:
It won't bother me how much Sony has sold in November. I HAVE GT5 PROLOGUE AND ITS BEAUTIFUL!

It's a very nice (looking) game indeed.

But why the preemptive defense? :)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
GhaleonEB said:
Um, the data isn't out yet. And you'll know when he does because the thread will explode. :p

But he's been known to talk a bit about it a few hours before they're made public.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Oblivion said:
But he's been known to talk a bit about it a few hours before they're made public.

Yes, and if I remember correctly he privately sees the data about now.

GhaleonEB

schuelma said:
Yes, and if I remember correctly he privately sees the data about now.
Right, in the two-hour window after the market closes and NPD customers/press get the information but before it's made public. But he asked before the market had even closed, meaning no one had it yet. :p

They do now, though!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
MassiveAttack said:
Amazing, isn't it? The need to define everything in terms of either offense or defense?

Not everything. Only comments that reak of it. ;)

Don't be so easily amazed.

schuelma

GhaleonEB said:
Right, in the two-hour window after the market closes and NPD customers/press get the information but before it's made public. But he asked before the market had even closed, meaning no one had it yet. :p

They do now, though!

Yup

God I'm so excited :lol :lol

Grecco

GhaleonEB said:

They do now, though!

I asked at 4:30e so the market was closed. :D

sphinx

the piano man
NPD Release: December 13th @ 4:00 p.m. EST (thread posted around 6:30 p.m. EST)

Isn't 4:00 eastern time 20 minutes from now??

also, isn't 6:30 a tad late for making the official thread? In internet time, 1 hour and 30 minutes is an eternity.

schuelma

sphinx said:
Isn't 4:00 eastern time 20 minutes from now??

also, isn't 6:30 a tad late for making the official thread? In internet time, 1 hour and 30 minutes is an eternity.

As I understand it, the data is released to subscribers at 4:30- but it isn't made public until 6:30. But lately Cassassassassasssamina has been hinting at the numbers between 4:30 and 6:30.

Kosma

Banned
I think we all know how the hardware numbers will play out, the software numbers are way more exciting this month.

Top Bottom