• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official November 2007 NPD Preview Thread

apujanata said:
IIRC, Sonycowboys sometimes are late with his posting, no ?

He has now made an official post for 6:30pm EST. Before it was just until he got home from work or something like that, so the posts were sporadic in time.

Spawn99

Banned
Fredescu said:
Nah, it just seems that way since we get no European numbers.
Since European numbers aren't known as much as North American sales, then wont most third party companies just rely more on NA sales then?

AniHawk

8c0jrdy.gif

gkryhewy

gofreak said:
Any other system?

And you'll note I wasn't talking about sales, I was talking about game availability.

Your points about support over the next year are sound, but GC was getting solid support 2 years in as well. It was after that that they began to run into trouble.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
LukeSmith said:
Same questions then, what about sales. That's what folks are here for, right? It's not the thread of "Can I find games on store shelves?"

If you follow the thread of conversation, you'll see we took a turn down "system X could disappear off the face of the earth"-lane if said system doesn't sell X hundred thousand number of units instead of Y hundred thousand of units this month. People were asking, "what'll happen to PS3"?

It was my point, and the point of others, that precious little would happen, and none of these platforms are going anywhere. That's all.

Fredescu

Spawn99 said:
Since European numbers aren't known as much as North American sales, then wont most third party companies just rely more on NA sales then?
No, they would be known to the companies who pay GFK for the data. They are just not released to public.

rs7k

LOL I don't know why everyone including myself always gets excited for this. I quit my game of Mass Effect for this :lol

Mmmm, a nice mug of Horlicks to get me through the next hour, behind me Star Trek VI is playing on the TV, and somewhere in the UK, Amy Winehouse is speedballing her tits off. Bless her.

polluar

US, December 13, 2007 - Videogame software sales tracker NPD Group released November data and, unsurprisingly, Nintendo's DS handheld and Wii home console held the number-one and two spots respectively. More than 1.5 million gamers picked up the DS in November and about 981,000 players picked up a Wii, according to NPD data. Microsoft's Xbox 360 console pulled in another 770,000 gamers; PlayStation Portable 567,000; PlayStation 2 496,000 and PlayStation 3 466,000.

The top-selling game of the month was the Xbox 360 version of Call of Duty 4, with nearly 1.5 million in sales. Nintendo's anticipated platformer, Super Mario Galaxy, took the second spot with upward of 1.1 million. Other notable Wii success stories for the month include Wii Play (at number five) with more than 560,000 units sold; the Wii version of Guitar Hero III (at number eight) with more than 425,000 additional units sold, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics (at 11) with nearly 330,000 units sold, Lego Star Wars at nearly 180,000 units sold and High School Musical at roughly the same figure.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption has sold through almost 500,000 copies in America since it released. Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure continues to struggle at retail with less than 35,000 in sales.

IGN :eek:

Top Bottom