• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official November 2007 NPD Preview Thread

Don't shoot till you can see the whites of their eyes.

Pack a spare pair of undies.

Leave no comrade behind.

He who quotes last quotes loudest.

Don't fear the reaper.

It's almost time.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
botticus said:
Are there any PS3/Wii games? That's the point about Prizefighter.

There was that ferrari game..which was a licensing issue, I believe, but that wasn't my point. My point was, there are developers choosing PS3 over 360, and not necessarily because they were paid to do so. (Mostly Japanese, but they do still count, I believe).

Like I say, look at the games coming out on PS3 in the next 12 months, and tell me there's a problem with support. It's a very difficult argument to make.

GhaleonEB said:
He didn't say trend. He said precedent, which it does. It could be the start of something, or it could be an aberration.

I didn't say he said it was a trend :p That's my point, a trend would matter, a single incidence does not. It could turn into something more, but I'm guessing it will be an aberration..in the month that saw prizefighter announced, there were several other 08 games announced across all platforms, PS3 included.

Kosma

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
I can hear them quietly talking to each other under the hush of the crowd! But why??

Brazil players praying before lost World Cup final to France.

You do the math ;)

Hellsing321 said:
De we have any idea of how Rock Band did? Better than GH3's first month? Worse? It's killing me.

I doubt we'll find out today, unfortunately.

(In other words, worse.)

oo Kosma oo said:
Brazil players praying before lost World Cup final to France.

You do the math ;)

Needs more Crouch, the only football player I really know, and thus, the best.

:D

Opus Angelorum said:
hayden-panettiere-heroes.jpg
1196192654582.gif

<3

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
oo Kosma oo said:
:lol

Brazil players playing before lost World Cup final to France

So who's
Brazil
and who's
France?
or does it even matter anymore?

LukeSmith

gofreak said:
It doesn't exactly set a trend. There are third party games coming to PS3 that aren't coming to 360 either, but I wouldn't use them as a reflection of the general situation.

When I look at the third party support for PS3, it seems to me to be very very strong. So much so that between that, and the exclusive stuff, I'd still be happy to recommend it as an 'only console', at least for those not seeking the more casual friendly experience of Wii.

Strong relative to what? Similarly what about their first party sales? What would define a strong opening for Uncharted? Were other 1st party or 2nd party title sales strong when they opened this fall for the PlayStation 3?

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
f@luS said:
3rd place shoes will not be possible. PS3 is having 1:2 ratio with 360 worldwide sales . In one year against 2 years, but it was launch only 9 month ago in europe , where PS3 is having great sales. PS3 will lead the 360 in 2 markets, though not the biggest, but it will be more than enough to make it the #2 at the end of the generation, for sure.

It will be 3rd place for sure in software.

ZeoVGM

Banned
gofreak said:
Xbox had strong third party support, for example, despite lagging behind the leader in a huge fashion.

And GameCube didn't.

Xbox made a name for itself and cemented a place in homes. For whatever reason, I don't know. Maybe Xbox Live.

GC was looked at as a shitty kiddy console by most of the mainstream. Right now most of the mainstream sees PS3 as "it sucks". That's simplifying it a bit, but it's kind of a harsh reality. I never though I'd meet so many people who would consider the new PlayStation console to be a joke, especially considering the PS2.

But I think the 360 (and Wii, obviously) have cemented themselves in the mindset of the consumer. I don't think PS3 can come back from where it is now, and much like GC, will lose games because of it.

And also, last gen was a HUGE difference. In "lagging behind the leader", we're talking the most popular console of all time.

There is nothing like PS2 this gen and there probably never will be again. 360 will never reach PS2 heights and despite current popularity, Wii almost certainly won't reach those heights either. If not simply because Nintendo themselves will put out something new in 2010 or something and cut off Wii's life short.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I predict Wii a bit lower than consensus and pretty close to 360- like 850K to 750K for 360.

Crateman

This is going to be my first full blown participation in the NPD Numbers thread since I joined GAF 1 year ago. I got my prediction and I'm ready to roll!

Wow, Matchbox Twenties "How Far We've Come" just came on the radio. How fitting for this situation. In fact, it just got me really hyped for this. Everyone go listen to it right now, it's amazing how well the lyrics match what GAF's reactions will be.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BenjaminBirdie said:
I'm in a pretty much empty office trying to stay out of the cleaning staff's way.

BRING!! IT!! ONNNN!!!!

It's nasty outside tonight; who would wanna go out there right?

LukeSmith

gofreak said:
Any other system?

And you'll note I wasn't talking about sales, I was talking about game availability.

Same questions then, what about sales. That's what folks are here for, right? It's not the thread of "Can I find games on store shelves?"

NeoUltima

What's with all the "ps3 fails if it doesn't sell 500k". People forgetting about the rest of the world where it sells well? Also, 360 only sold 500k last November...people weren't dooming the 360 then. O, and I think a lot of the sales will be higher than people expected(that goes for all consoles). 4 minutes...we'll see.

Top Bottom