• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ep10 was amazing. They fucking nailed the ship. Art design and coloring was on point. The S rank heroes all looked great too. Was the opening scene new for the anime? I don't remember it from the manga...

It was yeah. I reread it a while back and there was nothing like that in the manga. Guess it was just to properly introduce Tatsumaki and hype her up some. Maybe for figurine sales and shit like that in the near future.

rikichi

This was an awesome episode. Although, I'm not sure why they ended it with that mysterious guy. It's not like he's gonna put up a fight with saitama haha

Jintor

This was an awesome episode. Although, I'm not sure why they ended it with that mysterious guy. It's not like he's gonna put up a fight with saitama haha

oh, you never know

god this show's so good. every week i want next week's episode now

Shouta

Tatsumaki's popularity is in large part because of the contrast between her demeanor and look.It's part of her gag too. She's arrogant and slightly (or really) whiny but is super petite/small. As a result, she gets mistaken for a kid by the other characters and her actions can be seen as bratty to readers. She really doesn't act like a kid in the series at all. There's nothing in her behavior that signifies it though.

The problem with the 1000 year-old dragon trope isn't that the characters are petite, flat-chested, etc. The problem is that it's trying to pass off characters that act like kids as 1000-year-old whatever and then sexualize them in some manner. That's the gross part.

Anyway, the animation of Saitama dodging the bullets in episode 10 was great. I really hope they go crazy for the last two episodes and give us a taste of what the power of the S-Class heroes should look like in motion.

Jintor

In the ONE version
she really does come across as a domineering big sister, despite her looks. Needs Blizzard to be properly introduced first to really sell it though.

Genos, Saitama and Tatsumaki got the best faces this episode.

Remember me? I'm the guy who knows nothing of anime and asked for recommendations. I have since watched the entirety of Nichijou and loved every second of it. Thanks to those who suggested it.

Anyway, that's not important. I've seen that there is an "OVA" for One Punch Man.

Firstly; what is an OVA and secondly how does it fit in with the series? Should I watch it before episode 10? After? Or does it just really not matter?

Thanks.

Remember me? I'm the guy who knows nothing of anime and asked for recommendations. I have since watched the entirety of Nichijou and loved every second of it. Thanks to those who suggested it.

Anyway, that's not important. I've seen that there is an "OVA" for One Punch Man.

Firstly; what is an OVA and secondly how does it fit in with the series? Should I watch it before episode 10? After? Or does it just really not matter?

Thanks.

OVA stands for Original Video Animation. They are either full length episodes or shorts that tend to be packaged with dvds/blu-rays of the tv show at hand.

Many basically just do extra material such as side stories that don't have relevance to the plot or are comedic in nature. Others might be a direct continuation of the story/an episode (aka either at the end or a x.5 episode that takes place between two regular numbered episodes). An advantage of OVAs vs a tv episode is that they tend to not have to follow tv ratings so they can go crazy with violence (or if the show desires nudity). Many tend to have better animation too since schedules aren't as tight.

As to this OVA my understanding is that it's a side story, so just watch it whenever, but probably just watch it before episode 10 if you feel like it since that's how it aired.

OVA stands for Original Video Animation. They are either full length episodes or shorts that tend to be packaged with dvds/blu-rays of the tv show at hand.

Many basically just do extra material such as side stories that don't have relevance to the plot or are comedic in nature. Others might be a direct continuation of the story/an episode (aka either at the end or a x.5 episode that takes place between two regular numbered episodes). An advantage of OVAs vs a tv episode is that they tend to not have to follow tv ratings so they can go crazy with violence (or if the show desires nudity). Many tend to have better animation too since schedules aren't as tight.

As to this OVA my understanding is that it's a side story, so just watch it whenever, but probably just watch it before episode 10 if you feel like it since that's how it aired.

Nice. Thanks for the info.

I'm really started to like this anime scene.

Tatsumaki's popularity is in large part because of the contrast between her demeanor and look.It's part of her gag too. She's arrogant and slightly (or really) whiny but is super petite/small. As a result, she gets mistaken for a kid by the other characters and her actions can be seen as bratty to readers. She really doesn't act like a kid in the series at all. There's nothing in her behavior that signifies it though.

The problem with the 1000 year-old dragon trope isn't that the characters are petite, flat-chested, etc. The problem is that it's trying to pass off characters that act like kids as 1000-year-old whatever and then sexualize them in some manner. That's the gross part.

Anyway, the animation of Saitama dodging the bullets in episode 10 was great. I really hope they go crazy for the last two episodes and give us a taste of what the power of the S-Class heroes should look like in motion.

Also she's one of the only relevant girls

so she's strong enough to non-chalantly have a meteor come from space? How far reaching is her power? And she can apparently also control the explosion.

Powerful psychics are bullshit

Qvoth

60073bb42cd41cac0c46a0cafddaac8e.jpg
what's this?

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I broke and read the ONE version after already reading the Murata adaptation. Is there a thread we can talk about that version in? There's only the Murata thread.
I don't think I want to make posts filled with black bars in this or that thread.

On Tatsumaki;

I can't remember any fanservice about her in the manga, but I guess Madhouse couldn't help themselves.

So I don't have any problems with the character, since from what I remember she wasn't really sexualised but I can understand a few of you who have problems with it.

Jintor

I broke and read the ONE version after already reading the Murata adaptation. Is there a thread we can talk about that version in? There's only the Murata thread.
I don't think I want to make posts filled with black bars in this or that thread.

SomethingAwful has 3 OPM threads going lol, one for Anime, one for Murata, one for ONE.

I'd join you in the ONE thread lol

Mendrox

On Tatsumaki;

I can't remember any fanservice about her in the manga, but I guess Madhouse couldn't help themselves.

So I don't have any problems with the character, since from what I remember she wasn't really sexualised but I can understand a few of you who have problems with it.

Sorry, but Tatsumaki is the fanservice girl even in the Murata version. She looks normal in the ONE version, but her Murata version got sexed up to level 10/10. Not that I mind, but her outfit looks ludicrous in animated version :D Does she even wear panties?

Sorry, but Tatsumaki is the fanservice girl even in the Murata version. She looks normal in the ONE version, but her Murata version got sexed up to level 10/10. Not that I mind, but her outfit looks ludicrous in animated version :D Does she even wear panties?
Sexed to 10/10 is an overexageration. Murata did make her cute but she hasn't been a sex object.

Hagi

How many OVAs are there actually? I only found the 6 episodes with ~10 mins, but the OVA which came out two days ago was 23 min long.

I think it's just the 6 shorts that come with the physical releases and the 1 that came out with volume 10.

Chariot

How many OVAs are there actually? I only found the 6 episodes with ~10 mins, but the OVA which came out two days ago was 23 min long.
It's part of the 6 OVAs as far as I see it, so it's probably an outlier.

edit: looked it up, it's something different. This OVA plus 6 ten minute ones. Praise some entity!

Mendrox

Sexed to 10/10 is an overexageration. Murata did make her cute but she hasn't been a sex object.

So you wanna tell me that Murata didn't change her too much from the ONE version? Look at her dress and how often she shows her tights/ass/hips in the middle of the screen. Fubuki also got the same treatment.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
It's part of the 6 OVAs as far as I see it, so it's probably an outlier.

edit: looked it up, it's something different. This OVA plus 6 ten minute ones. Praise some entity!

Ok thanks, at least there are 6 more short episodes coming

hohoXD123

Damn. Caught up to the anime and I wanted more. So I read the manga and still wanted more. Now I'm up to date with the ONE versions and I still want MOAR!

msv

I think Murata might be incapable of drawing normal or ugly women. No seriously, now that I think of it, has he ever drawn plain or ugly looking women?

Jintor

considering the one version was literally... the one version... giving her hips at all would be sexualising her.

that said I agree, murata seems to have put all his effort into the two girls. it's kind of weird actually, there's very little background female heroes at all in OPM. Even gag heroes are mostly dudes. It's nothing like Boku no Hero (although even there most of the pro heroes are dudes, I can only think of Mt Lady and Dominatrix Lady off the top of my head. A lotta female student heroes though.)

hohoXD123

Based on scenes from the ONE version...yes.
Think one of the characters mentioned it in the attack against the monster association

I think Murata might be incapable of drawing normal or ugly women. No seriously, now that I think of it, has he ever drawn plain or ugly looking women?

There's one or two in Eyeshield 21. A particular giant Poseidon cheerleader comes to mind who's verging on Gonk.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Ah yes, the phenomenon known as Schrodinger panties.
yes, she wear panties based on ONE manga

Mendrox

Tatsumaki is still awesome.

Also everyone should read the best doujin One Hurricane 1+2

One Hurriance 3 is coming too, but it has Tatsumaki in it. o_o

Edit: Wups NSFW of course sorry guys

ElFly

ZhHUE2X.gif

Thank you so much.

This was such an amazing ride, and his Art did improve a ton over the span of this 60+ chapters

I should start with Mob Psycho 100 now lol

It is possible he has assistants now for One Punch Man. He certainly has for Mob. I, however, think he got really good with the composition towards the end of Garou arc, and he didn't seem to have assistants then.

I think you are wrong. In the Murata manga, Tatsumaki is cute, but I don't think she is sexualized this much. Fubaki is sexualized tho.

Mendrox

It is possible he has assistants now for One Punch Man. He certainly has for Mob. I, however, think he got really good with the composition towards the end of Garou arc, and he didn't seem to have assistants then.

I think you are wrong. In the Murata manga, Tatsumaki is cute, but I don't think she is sexualized this much. Fubaki is sexualized tho.

Seriously? Volume 10 manga cover is the best example :p Murata knows what he is doing with her and he doesn't hide it.

So you wanna tell me that Murata didn't change her too much from the ONE version? Look at her dress and how often she shows her tights/ass/hips in the middle of the screen. Fubuki also got the same treatment.

the keyword is that people overexagerate her as being fanservice. Sure, Murata made her hot/cute, but she's not treated like a sex object.

Which is to say she's not a 1000 year old dragon trope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom