• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders |OT| So much content, is this a GaaS? No, just an anomaly.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Ah, you are right. If I have 120Hz on in Series X, the TV status always says 120Hz in any game.

But when I have it 120Hz on my PC gaming rig, the TV status changes to the max capped FPS of the game. Or it fluctuates if my game can't perform to meet the 120FPS.

Now that I know how the Series X works, I am still confused.

How do I make my PC game always be at 120Hz for less lag as someone mentioned before? Even though it is really doing only 60FPS. This should probably be in another thread, LOL!
With 120Hz set output, frame in 60HZ games are doubled, however lag should be 2x less, because in most games user input is bound to FPS. For me it's noticeable when I am switching between 60hz and 120hz mode : )

onesvenus

Is there any news on local coop coming? I played gears 5 and hivebusters with my girlfriend and I'd like to play Outriders with her

Prison Mike

Banned
This is the worst game I've played in years ....
Stop playing....
The Daily Show Reaction GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

McCheese

Had fun with this yesterday, it's janky as hell but the core combat and looting systems are quite good fun.

Cutscenes animating at 30fps, even on 120hz refresh is just ugly. Was wondering if it was the GPU struggling but nope, moving camera is always silky smooth.

The cover system is probably the weakest part of the gameplay, they really just needed to copy Gears but somehow came up with a weird worser alternative.

Chukhopops

I like it a lot more than I expected, it’s a very simple gameplay loop but it works. Don’t know how long until it gets boring but at level 11 I’m still having fun.

It feels more like a single player shooter than a destiny style game.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Had fun with this yesterday, it's janky as hell but the core combat and looting systems are quite good fun.

Cutscenes animating at 30fps, even on 120hz refresh is just ugly. Was wondering if it was the GPU struggling but nope, moving camera is always silky smooth.

The cover system is probably the weakest part of the gameplay, they really just needed to copy Gears but somehow came up with a weird worser alternative.
Cover system feels like it's ripped outta Division. It works more in that game because cover feels far safer. Here, it feels like it slows you down a bit.

McCheese

Played about 10 hours now, not been able to join a single friend or 'Find a party' on Xbox (crossplay enabled). Is this.. a common thing or something I should look into on my router? Feels like I'm missing out on playing the game in the best mode (with others). If I try to find a party from the main menu it just gets stuck at creating party for some reason too.

My understanding it is tries to find people at the same place as you right? so maybe starting a day late has screwed me over - but I find it hard to believe nobody else is doing the same missions I am, it's a new game.

Last edited:
Played about 10 hours now, not been able to join a single friend or 'Find a party' on Xbox (crossplay enabled). Is this.. a common thing or something I should look into on my router? Feels like I'm missing out on playing the game in the best mode (with others). If I try to find a party from the main menu it just gets stuck at creating party for some reason too.

My understanding it is tries to find people at the same place as you right? so maybe starting a day late has screwed me over - but I find it hard to believe nobody else is doing the same missions I am, it's a new game.

Yeah, right now it’s effectively an online only game without any working multiplayer. 😬

TheMan

I caved and bought this. I didn't play the demo to completion, but the game is actually not bad once you're past the intro shit. I had some predictably terrible games with muliple randos last night who would either just stand there or refuse to start missions, but I had a much better time this AM with a dude who helped me beat a boss. I think the key to activate a checkpoint just before a boss, so that when you join a game you're both ready to go with no way to just dawdle at a shop.

Vestal

Gold Member
Played another 3hr session last night with a buddy and we had a blast. Me playing Trickster and he playing Technomancer, classes which complement each other well.

Encounters are challenging yet rewarding. Look even at our level seems powerful and effective unlike other games in the same kind of genre.

Can’t wait to fire it up again tomorrow.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Game crashed, couldn't get back in, servers down again.

I wonder how many points the reviewers will be knocking of their score simply because they can't play the game to do the review.

Game crashed, couldn't get back in, servers down again.

I wonder how many points the reviewers will be knocking of their score simply because they can't play the game to do the review.

On one hand I think it’s kinda silly to rate a game based on connection issues, on the other hand when that’s a good chunk of your experience with the game it’s hard to ignore it.

Ogbert

It’s a Diablo with guns.
I don’t get why people don’t realise this.

Expeditions are just greater rifts. For crafting, they’ve taken the premise of Kanai’s cube and made it much more accessible.

This game will have DLC and seasonal gear sets. They’ll add new classes too.

Stuart360

Just think, if solo wasnt online only (as it should be), not only would solo players still be able to play when servers go down, but servers probably wouldnt go down in the first place as there would be less people on the servers!.
Studios annoy me so much sometimes.

Troglodyte

Banned
Bought the PS4 version today for $50 (they didn't have the ps5 version but it's a free upgrade right?)

Also have it on gamepass but wanna dust the PS5 off.

wArTHEIST

Neo Member
Yeah fuck those server outages.
Otherwise I am having a blast with this game!

I love the loot so far, have gotten one legendary, with which I wasn't too impressed but I found some epic weapons with mod combinations that absolutely demolished.
The way equipment works is genius! It constantly incentivises you to play around with different ability combinations when you find new gear.

GymWolf

The shaky cam in the cut scenes fells like someone shook my tv like a snow globe and I'm watching everything settle. I was actually starting to get a headache from that plus all the constant cut scenes so far in the beginning.

Keep getting disconnected in the no man's land area in the beginning which is making me really tired of replaying it over and over again.
There is an option to make the camera less shaky in the cutscene, camera smoothness or something like that (i play in italian language sorry)

GymWolf

I have to say that the game is a lot of fun when it actually work.

the mods on weapons and armours are game changers sometimes and i only found blue items, not even purple or orange, this is loot done good.

Too bad the game is still pretty buggy, my friend had different bugs (like the inability of walking or running) when he entered my game but overall the experience was good, no lag or rubberband effect etc.

Particularly annoying when the servers kick you out in the middle of a mission or after you find some good loot...

Last edited:

LostDonkey

Tried it this morning for a bit. Missing sound issues on cutscenes from npc's and it looks like a game from 2014.

pass
It isn't a looker that's for sure. Also not for me, uninstalled after I chose my path, Chose fire, thought it was rubbish, wannabe gears with powers and division style loot.

Pass.

GymWolf

It isn't a looker that's for sure. Also not for me, uninstalled after I chose my path, Chose fire, thought it was rubbish, wannabe gears with powers and division style loot.

Pass.
The loot is much better than division, every object from blue to orange rarity has at least one perk that can change your gamestyle, they are not just mere +2 - +3 upgrades to the damage, and you start getting blue loot like 2 hours into the game.

I heard that the fire class become pretty op the more you play, at the beginning is indeed poor.

geary

Pass.

FFS, do you guys do not know what you getting into? I'm baffled by the persons which expect from a game something else then the game aggressively advertised. Do you also go to blockbuster movies and expect to have an intellectual experience and then critique that you didn't find what you expected?

LostDonkey

FFS, do you guys do not know what you getting into? I'm baffled by the persons which expect from a game something else then the game aggressively advertised. Do you also go to blockbuster movies and expect to have an intellectual experience and then critique that you didn't find what you expected?
I had no knowledge of the game before I installed it. I usually go into most games like that.

NullZ3r0

Banned

In Outriders the cover is for the enemies.

Larvana

This is the worst game I've played in years ....
Then stop complaining.

I think Game Pass saved me £45 here. It's basically a Dynasty Warriors with guns so far.
It's nothing like Dynasty warriors, are you high? Lol. It's diablo with guns.

Pass.
Let's be honest, man. Your opinion doesn't count, playing for like 10 minutes before you become a sudden critic, yeah... no.

In Outriders the cover is for the enemies.
For the most part as trickster I find it’s mainly for finishing reloads or waiting that last second before a movement cooldown. I don’t use it in any way the same way as Gears, Uncharted, Division etc. but I still use it.

Roufianos

Then stop complaining.

Let's be honest, man. Your opinion doesn't count, playing for like 10 minutes before you become a sudden critic, yeah... no.

Well, I've never played Diablo but it's like Dynasty Warriors in the sense that there's tons of enemies and you take them out very easily.

Phase

Then stop complaining.

You're gonna have a lot of fun defending this generic 360-era game aren't you?

Mossybrew

Well I was gonna wait for a deep discount but what the hell, the only other thing Ive got going is my neverending journey though the FFIV story. I didnt spend much time with the demo, but I think it was valuable because it showed me what the game was vs what I hoped it would be, and Ive had time to accept the flaws and Ive been enjoying the game on its own terms. Do I wish they would have gone with a more open and modern level design? Of course, but oh well. Im a sucker for looter shooters so theres still fun to be had here, especially in such dry times for new games that interest me.

Top Bottom