• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders |OT| So much content, is this a GaaS? No, just an anomaly.

Phase

I don't get why in today's day and age there are still server problems on launch. Can someone enlighten me, is it just not allocating enough resources for the amount of players (.i.e companies not wanting to spend more than they need to)?

F3GYU1w.jpg

GreyHand23

Servers are back up everywhere except the U.S. They are bringing up U.S. after they verify stability and to make sure login servers don't get overwhelmed.

Neil Young

Beat the first boss, got to the cut scene and the server crashed and couldn't reconnect. I hope I don't have to fight him again.

I didn't care for the demo....having more fun with the full game since it's on game pass and I listened to people here to run and gun and not use cover that much. Also, the controls just feel too loose to me, like I'm over aiming every target. I'll have to mess with the control settings unless someone can share what they use for a tighter feel.

I don't get why in today's day and age there are still server problems on launch. Can someone enlighten me, is it just not allocating enough resources for the amount of players (.i.e companies not wanting to spend more than they need to)?
Usually. These days cloud server infrastructure is virtual, which will dynamically expand or shrink based on load so you aren’t paying for idle compute. It doesn’t flex instantly and can take some time, but I’d bet they run into software issues to figure out. Who knows, there are so many links in the chain of technology that can hiccup.

GymWolf

Yeah, i still can't enter on ps5\europe.

Now the game surpass the autentification status but it get stuck on the access granted loading screen.

Baby steps i guess, maybe tomorrow i'm gonna be able to see the third online step loading screen 🕺

TheMan

My guess is that the conditions they see on launch day, with hundreds of thousands of people trying to connect at the same time, are not seen frequently enough to warrant buying and configuring enough servers to handle that initial load.

lefty1117

Gold Member
I finally got in and played the prologue and well ... meh

Why so much cursing? IDK it just feels like a lot and unnecessary. Am I getting old?

Why do the faces look so bad? Plasticy skin. IDK. I don't know enough about the publisher, budget, etc., maybe this is OK and my expectations were off. Weird cuts between scenes, a lot of story moved through very quickly. Just thought it would be a little higher in the production values.

Gediminas

Banned
I agree, that is what comes up when I did a search.

So I am more confused when I see my TV Status outputting:
K3hdIgy.jpg

I'm used to seeing the below if it is capped t 60:
aWR667Z.jpg

So I'm not sure whats going on. I just don't want to be in a mode that gives me 120fps and low resolution/details/etc.
120hz gives you nothing else just less input lag. don't worry about it.

tommycronin

HDR in this game is fucked for me on my LG CX for the xbox series x version. EveryimeI go into the options or into the weapons menu there's just a cloud of white smoke on screen, turned HDR off and it's gone completely aswell as the layer that was over the screen while playing, game looks better without HDR on. Anyone else run into this issue?

Phase

My guess is that the conditions they see on launch day, with hundreds of thousands of people trying to connect at the same time, are not seen frequently enough to warrant buying and configuring enough servers to handle that initial load.
Well it seems like the smarter thing would be to make sure you have more than enough resources for launch and not "just enough." These companies need to sort that out and stop being inept. It really shouldn't be an issue when you've built a game around it.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Okay, I'm not a big techie so some of these features are still new to me ;)

Thanks!
By some chance did you change in settings output to 120Hz, because then I see all my games in 120hz on CX. If you have an Xbox that is....

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Been trying a few hours to log in, no dice.

Woo-Fu

Banned
You might have some other sort of problem, the servers are up, I just played for the last 2-3 hours.

dem

I loaded this up today and I’ve only played this long enough to get to choose my powers.

How do people put up with all these cut scenes? I want to shoot my face off. Game stories are so god damned mind numbing. I see why everyone’s plays Fortnite and war zone.

Last edited:

Drac84

Just got booted and now can't reconnect. There's a very fun game at its core, but the myriad connection issues, crashes and glitches I've experienced the past two days suggest this game was just not ready for release.

Well it seems like the smarter thing would be to make sure you have more than enough resources for launch and not "just enough."
There's actually no way to do this iirc, server access throughput will just have a bottleneck, even if you have a thousand server racks.
Pretty much every large online game has had problems at launch; it's unavoidable.

How do I make my PC game always be at 120Hz for less lag as someone mentioned before?
borderless windowed.

Sygma

Reached lvl 23 / world tier 10 but made the mistake to disconnect from the servers :D Honestly its very uneven and the forest has been supremely boring so far, can't say that the enemy variety is anything to write home about either

However when some missions decide to unleash literal hell on you its just wonderful, the enemy density at times is out of control and thats where the game shines the most, these little cute skirmishes with maybe 20 / 30 monsters to kill really should have not been used so much. Like when the game overwhelms you its just fantastic, when it goes soft its just boring because the level design is centered around kinda big arenas ad nauseam, and these cute fights aren't meant for that

Very curious about the expeditions, its gonna be some really fun slaughter since its all time based reward wise

Last edited:

anothertech

I know launch day issues are frustrating. But I've been through enough that this is pretty mild honestly.

Still have memories of launch day Anthem and MCC that haunt me lol

Honestly, this feels like the game Anthem should have been. Minus the travel powers.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Just got booted and now can't reconnect. There's a very fun game at its core, but the myriad connection issues, crashes and glitches I've experienced the past two days suggest this game was just not ready for release.

Why would you include server capacity in that? Just seems silly.

Man, I'm glad I didn't drop $60 on this. I've been spending more time waiting than actually playing.

Ponied up the 60 and have gotten nearly 15 hours in on this.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Reached lvl 23 / world tier 10 but made the mistake to disconnect from the servers :D Honestly its very uneven and the forest has been supremely boring so far, can't say that the enemy variety is anything to write home about either

However when some missions decide to unleash literal hell on you its just wonderful, the enemy density at times is out of control and thats where the game shines the most, these little cute skirmishes with maybe 20 / 30 monsters to kill really should have not been used so much. Like when the game overwhelms you its just fantastic, when it goes soft its just boring because the level design is centered around kinda big arenas ad nauseam, and these cute fights aren't meant for that

Very curious about the expeditions, its gonna be some really fun slaughter since its all time based reward wise
Love it when the game throws a shit load of dudes at you. The powers compliment the gunplay so well also. Inferno rounds > light up a heap of dudes > combustion > Inferno bomb repeat. Even better if you have gear mods that buff these skills even further. It's mad!

Kappa

Issues are most likely a mix of alot of people being home plus they probably thought the game would flop so they werent prepared lol. Very fun game though

TheUsual

Gold Member
I loaded this up today and I’ve only played this long enough to get to choose my powers.

How do people put up with all these cut scenes? I want to shoot my face off. Game stories are so god damned mind numbing. I see why everyone’s plays Fortnite and war zone.
The shaky cam in the cut scenes fells like someone shook my tv like a snow globe and I'm watching everything settle. I was actually starting to get a headache from that plus all the constant cut scenes so far in the beginning.

Keep getting disconnected in the no man's land area in the beginning which is making me really tired of replaying it over and over again.

Last edited:

Duallusion

Could somebody please inform them on twitter that server issues aren't goddamn fixed!? Getting booted out every 10 minutes doesn't warrant an operational server status godammit!

Never buying an always-online game on day one ever again.

TexMex

Tried just now and after the third attempt it just sat on signed in for about 10 minutes and then it let me make a character, I’m in!

Top Bottom