• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders |OT| So much content, is this a GaaS? No, just an anomaly.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Can you purchase the upgrade from the store perhaps? Just a guess

No, the game on the disc IS the PlayStation 5 version. But thanks to the buggy PS5 OS it detects it as a PS4 game and you have to jump through a hoop just to install the game you bought. It's a stupid bug that shouldn't exist in the first place and people are doing mental gymnastics to try to dismiss it.

sainraja

When you put the disc fresh into the system, it detects it as the PS4 digital Outriders:
CLxFTMC.jpg

You have to navigate to the "..." to select the PS5 Full version to install it:
WzaKDhm.jpg

Then it's recognized normally:
k2xQ1K9.jpg

There's no amount of system warrior spinning to explain away how a PS5 sees a PS5 retail disc as a PS4 game.
System warrior? lol whaaat? Mine isn't doing that though. I am genuinely confused. I wasn't saying you are lying (if that is why you shared the game disc.) Have you updated your PS5? That's the only explanation I can think of at this point why mine isn't registering as PS4.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
System warrior? lol whaaat? Mine isn't doing that though. I am genuinely confused. I wasn't saying you are lying (if that is why you shared the game disc.) Have you updated your PS5? That's the only explanation I can think of at this point why mine isn't registering as PS5.

Sony claimed the last system update fixed it, but it didn't.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
No, the game on the disc IS the PlayStation 5 version. But thanks to the buggy PS5 OS it detects it as a PS4 game and you have to jump through a hoop just to install the game you bought. It's a stupid bug that shouldn't exist in the first place and people are doing mental gymnastics to try to dismiss it.
Yeah. It would have been nice to have two big options to choose from. I’ve played quite a handful of PS4 games on PS5 and a handful of PS5 only titles. I have had to toggle that menu.

sainraja

Sony claimed the last system update fixed it, but it didn't.
But it doesn't show as PS4 for me is what I am telling you. I guess if my word isn't enough. Here is a picture for you:
MHEtXPa.jpg

So did you update your PS5?

I am not even sure how you are seeing the option to switch versions on a disc install. I don't see that at all.

EDIT

Based on your picture, you got the digital copy. Not the disc one. Yours doesn't show its a disc and you were saying earlier you got a disc version.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
But it doesn't show as PS4 for me is what I am telling you. I guess if my word isn't enough. Here is a picture for you:

So did you update your PS5?

I am not even sure how you are seeing the option to switch versions on a disc install. I don't see that at all.

My PS5 is updated. And I posted screenshots showing how you switch versions.

sainraja

My PS5 is updated. And I posted screenshots showing how you switch versions.
I know how to switch versions which is why I am saying I don't see the option on a disc install. Your picture shows you got a digital copy and not a disc copy. Do I need to record a video to show that? Because I can.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Based on your picture, you got the digital copy. Not the disc one. Yours doesn't show its a disc and you were saying earlier you got a disc version.
I literally posted a picture of my box. Do I have to post a picture of the disc too?!?

I also posted a screenshot of my dashboard showing the disc is in the drive.

k2xQ1K9.jpg

Last edited:

sainraja

I literally posted a picture of my box. Do I have to post a picture of the disc too?!?

I also posted a screenshot of my dashboard showing the disc is in the drive.

k2xQ1K9.jpg
Then I think you need to update your PS5 because I swear man I am not seeing that (nor do I see an option to switch versions.) I will record it for you. Otherwise, we're going to talk over each other. I can switch versions for all the other games you see on my dashboard but not Outriders since its disc.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Then I think you need to update your PS5 because I swear man I am not seeing that (nor do I see an option to switch versions.) I will record it for you. Otherwise, we're going to talk over each other. I can switch versions for all the other games you see on my dashboard.

I told you I updated my PS5. This is a bug that's existed since launch. We're not talking over each other. You're accusing me of lying and buying a digital copy when I showed you the BOX of the game I bought today.

sainraja

I told you I updated my PS5. This is a bug that's existed since launch. We're not talking over each other. You're accusing me of lying and buying a digital copy when I showed you the BOX of the game I bought today.
I am going to record what I am trying to show you. What you are seeing is NOT what I am seeing. My copy registered as PS5 after install. Gimme a few mins. I haven't accused you of anything lol. But the UI you were showing of switching versions shows up on digital copies for me and NOT on disc installs; so when I said you have a digital copy it was simply based off of that.

The video I am going to share will/should clear that up. We're seeing different things and the only explanation I can think of is different versions of the OS.

ManaByte

Gold Member
But the UI you were showing of switching versions shows up on digital copies for me and NOT on disc installs; so when I said you have a digital copy it was simply based off of that.

So you just ignored me posting a picture of the physical game and the screenshot of the UI showing the disc in the drive. Ok.

sainraja

So you just ignored me posting a picture of the physical game and the screenshot of the UI showing the disc in the drive. Ok.
Here:

Please actually watch it. Give it a few minutes and the HD version should be ready so you can see better.

EDIT

You will notice when I navigate to view product it will show the price at $59.99 (because I didn't buy digital.)

Last edited:

sainraja

So you you like to comment on things you don't care about? lol

Be that as it may. The video does a better job of explaining why the screenshots he was sharing didn't make sense to me because I am not seeing what he is. The only explanation to that is we're on different OS versions.

Last edited:

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Haha. I know how this looks. But if you see what I am seeing and look at what he is seeing. It's not the same and therefore the confusion. I just recorded and shared a video above. Go see.
You can both be right. The game might be showing up correctly for you, and his console might be displaying the wrong thing until he selects otherwise. He's just suggesting that he might be experiencing a glitch or a bug that you're not.

sainraja

You can both be right. The game might be showing up correctly for you, and his console might be displaying the wrong thing until he selects otherwise. He's just suggesting that he might be experiencing a glitch or a bug that you're not.
That's a possibility and I haven't ruled that out. Perhaps a system reset could fix it.

Last edited:

sainraja

Then it's most likely as LegendOfKage said. But hopefully, you can at-least acknowledge/recognize that we're seeing different things. Admit it or not, we were talking over each other but were seeing different things. I saw your screenshots but when I compared it with what I was seeing it just didn't seem right. So, I kept thinking it had to be OS or something else that we're not seeing.

Maybe you need to try a factory reset on your system. Because as I showed in the video, I don't get the option to switch versions at ALL for a disc game.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Don't waste you time this guy will argue and derail all day as long as you keep responding to him. Loves to debate some mundane point that doesn't pertain to the actual topic, he does it all the time

ManaByte

Gold Member
Got to the first real boss, had to try a couple of time to beat him.

Finally beat him and put down the controller to enjoy the cutscene.
During the cutscene, the server disconnects, haven't been able to log in since.

I knew I should have checked that loot chest first before talking to him >_<;;

Really, during a cutscene the game has to be connected? LOL, ah well.

Because of gamepass, everyone and their grandma is probably on the server.

Playing as Devastator and it took me one death to do it. Once you realize your health regens, you can keep your distance and just dodge his stuff.
Then it's most likely as LegendOfKage said. But hopefully, you can at-least acknowledge/recognize that we're seeing different things. Admit it or not, we were talking over each other but were seeing different things. I saw your screenshots but when I compared it with what I was seeing it just didn't seem right. So, I kept thinking it had to be OS or something else that we're not seeing.

Maybe you need to try a factory reset on your system.

It's a known bug that a lot of people experience. I'm not factory resetting my system because the bug triggers you.

sainraja

Playing as Devastator and it took me one death to do it. Once you realize your health regens, you can keep your distance and just dodge his stuff.

It's a known bug that a lot of people experience. I'm not factory resetting my system because the bug triggers you.
Why do people get aggressive over nothing? I wasn't triggered, I was just confused! lol

I guess you're not going to watch the video to see why I was even asking - I tried to show ya but you're being stubborn. Ah well. Moving on.

---

I am disappointed that the game does not have cross-save. I was hoping to jump between systems like I do with Destiny. Now I have to pick. =/

Last edited:

sainraja

Don't waste you time this guy will argue and derail all day as long as you keep responding to him. Loves to debate some mundane point that doesn't pertain to the actual topic, he does it all the time
Unlike you, I do appreciate the fact that he responded. We're on a discussion forum. And it wasn't off-topic! But nice try.

Last edited:

sainraja

Sometimes. But yeah, if there is something I want clarity on, I can't let it go until I get to the bottom of it.

Nyxir

When you put the disc fresh into the system, it detects it as the PS4 digital Outriders:
CLxFTMC.jpg

You have to navigate to the "..." to select the PS5 Full version to install it:
WzaKDhm.jpg

Then it's recognized normally:
k2xQ1K9.jpg

There's no amount of system warrior spinning to explain away how a PS5 sees a PS5 retail disc as a PS4 game.
PS5 is still doing this shit? wtf?
Talk about dumb delivery. am I rite guys? 😂

Woo-Fu

Banned
The primary reason to keep WT on is because with it set to a lower level you aren't gaining experience for it.
That is the exact opposite of what mtashed says in the video. He says you get the same exp for a given mob regardless of what world tier you kill it at, so don't bother bumping world tier until you hit level cap.

I don't know which of you are correct. :p

sainraja

PS5 is still doing this shit? wtf?
Talk about dumb delivery. am I rite guys? 😂
I know you are trolling but I can't help it and so I shall respond. :D

ManaByte stated that his disc version appears as the PS4 version and he has to go through the 'switch version' option to have his system recognize the PS5 version. When I tried doing the same, it didn't happen (system recognizes it as PS5) and I don't even see the 'switch version' option menu for a disc install. Apparently we are on the same version of the OS that is acting differently. So, the PS5 isn't still doing it. It's just an odd bug that seems to be happening on Mana's PS5 (possibly others as well.)

Here is a video of me trying to do the same, that he shows in his screenshots.

I only see the switch version option if I have a digital version of a game but not with the disc copy of Outriders (it's the only disc game I have.)

It is weird and it shouldn't happen on any PS5's and shouldn't have been that way before the current update. But point is, it is fixed. I just got a PS5 like a week or two ago.

Last edited:

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
That is the exact opposite of what mtashed says in the video. He says you get the same exp for a given mob regardless of what world tier you kill it at, so don't bother bumping world tier until you hit level cap.

You both are. You get the same amount of experience for your character either way. You just don't gain experience for your world level. You could easily hit the level cap and then continuing leveling a different way with the world level. If you want to increase your world level later on, you can do that, and that's pretty much what mtashed is talking about.

My suggestion would be raise or lower it if the game starts to feel too easy, or if enemies are starting to feel like bullet sponges. It's nice how flexible the system is, really.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Away on work so got to play on my Series S and it looks sharp and runs at 60fps been enjoying but i sunno how this game ia tied to a server and even why its tied to one, beat a boss .. disconnected .. had to redo.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

I mean just switch to one level lower. You'll see you'll not get any experience. I just tested this with someone in co-op after I ticked over to the next World Tier. It is certainly possible I am wrong but this is the second time I've checked.
Bought it and downloaded it while at work today, fired it up, servers down. Always feels good!

Servers are fine. Can check the Outrider status page to make sure everything is up and running.

Murdoch

So you you like to comment on things you don't care about? lol

Be that as it may. The video does a better job of explaining why the screenshots he was sharing didn't make sense to me because I am not seeing what he is. The only explanation to that is we're on different OS versions.

He pointed out it's an unintentional bug in the OS and you've derailed the thread how you aren't suffering from that particular bug 🤷‍♂️

TexMex

Servers are fine. Can check the Outrider status page to make sure everything is up and running.

What? No they're not. Can't connect, neither can any of my friends. A quick glance at their socials says this isn't a unique problem and there have been tons of reports all day of the same.

Typical online game launch day woes sure, but these servers are not "fine" right now.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
You have external drive connected? Maybe your SSD is full and because of this you have only one option - install on external drive (ps4 version, bc you can’t install PS5 game on HDD).

I have 1TB free on the external and 200GB free on the internal. Again, this is a bug that's existed since launch.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Game's HDR is broken for me. Can't play it with that desaturated colors. How the hell could they break HDR on the PC when it was working in the demo? Sheesh..

Top Bottom