• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outriders |OT| So much content, is this a GaaS? No, just an anomaly.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Is it me or is the game pretty impossible solo? I am getting my ass handed to me with first boss, that lighting one.

cormack12

Gold Member
Is it me or is the game pretty impossible solo? I am getting my ass handed to me with first boss, that lighting one.

What class? Matchmake if you need for group revives. Use your skills with 'interrupt' when he's casting/powering up. Then just unload bullets into him.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
What class? Matchmake if you need for group revives. Use your skills with 'interrupt' when he's casting/powering up. Then just unload bullets into him.
I am trickster, I take him like 3/4 health almost without an issue, but then he starts to spamming shit and it kills me even in cover.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Nah. You can beat him. I'm not playing it MP. He took quite a few tries, but you will realize that he has to chase you when you duck under cover.

I think I'm picking this up today.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
It's hard! Like very hard. Like Demons Souls hard at times. I struggle - but it's fun to rage and figure out how to take down the different bosses.

sainraja

If it's set up anything like Destiny, then once you unlock better gear, you should be able to do another run and beat the boss (I am simplifying, it takes a little more to beat bosses in D2, depending on difficulty setting.) I have the game installed but will try it tonight but since you've played it, do you actually get gear drops during a mission? If so, you could probably swap during the mission and see if you can beat the boss.

Last edited:

retsof624

When do you get class points? Is it every other level? Because I’ve leveled up sometimes and haven’t received anything

Vestal

Gold Member
As a trickster remember to look at your abilities. For example the teleport gives you a shield.

what I did as a trickster was TP, do the bubble slow, sword slash, unload a clip of my shotgun, melee, reload, unload until bubble wears off and then run away until TP is back up.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Along with the other legit responses, you can also turn down World Tier if you're running into a wall (and then turn it back up and redo the fight once you get comfortable with it). If I remember correctly World Tier ticks up automatically so the game will get progressively harder without you paying attention to it.

GreyHand23

I think they probably increased the difficulty of the first boss since the demo. In the demo he was pretty easy. I’m on PS5 and the game looks and runs well for the most part. There are occasional minor glitches and they can still improve multiplayer lag and aim acceleration for controller, but those are already coming in next patch.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Couple of things.

Don’t use cover, certainly not in terms of hiding and taking enemies out, like Division. To avoid damage, run rather than take cover. So with that dude, just do circles of the arena. With Trickster, take the ammo buff you get at level 7 - you’ll melt him.

Also try dropping the World Tier.

Ogbert

I think they probably increased the difficulty of the first boss since the demo. In the demo he was pretty easy. I’m on PS5 and the game looks and runs well for the most part. There are occasional minor glitches and they can still improve multiplayer lag and aim acceleration for controller, but those are already coming in next patch.
Pretty sure they’ve upped it across the board. Everything hits harder and drops less loot.

I'm not the most amazing player in the world I am, but take a look at this video if you have any kind of trouble playing trickster:

sainraja

Can anyone do me a favor and check something out for me? (Don't do this if you are concerned about it crashing). But if that does not scare you, could you go to the Microsoft Store on your Xbox Series X, navigate to the Outriders promo, open it and then go to Character Classes. Navigate to the second one. At this point, it should crash/shutdown. That has happened to me twice in a row. A little weird but what could be the cause? Something weird going on with their promo.

If anything, take this as a warning and DON'T do that as it might crash your box.

BigLee74

I noticed bad screen tearing in the opening cutscenes on XSX, but not in gameplay (which to be fair, I was only in for 10 mins before work called).

ManaByte

Go to install the PS5 version from disc and it sees it as the PS4 version locked.

dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

NullZ3r0

Banned
I'm on Xbox and I've had the game crash twice. Now I'm getting an Internet Connection Error: Could not connect to Outriders servers.

sainraja

Go to install the PS5 version from disc and it sees it as the PS4 version locked.

dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World
What do you mean locked? You can't switch to the PS5 version by navigating to the game page?
(I hope they improve this going forward!)

I'm on Xbox and I've had the game crash twice. Now I'm getting an Internet Connection Error: Could not connect to Outriders servers.
Launch day problems most likely!

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Hate to write this but the game is way too buggy for me: UI disappears and reappears on its own, constant stuttering, changing DX options doesn't actually change the DX option used. Game is actually performing a lot worse than in the demo (definitely did not have these stutters).

sainraja

You can but there’s no fucking reason why the system should recognize a retail PS5 disc as a locked PS4 digital copy.
I got confused since you said it was locked so I thought it was preventing you from switching. It is weird that a PS5 copy of the game is registering as a PS4 one; and I think this will most likely get fixed. PS5 games should not register as PS4 games! lol

Last edited:

ManaByte

Hate to write this but the game is way too buggy for me: UI disappears and reappears on its own, constant stuttering, changing DX options doesn't actually change the DX option used. Game is actually performing a lot worse than in the demo (definitely did not have these stutters).

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

I just locked my frames to 30. Nothing suggested worked for me. My main issue is my UI is just gone. Resetting the HUD does nothing nor does toggling features under the HUD menu. I'll try the lobby fix. . .if I can actually log in.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Ugh game stuttering like crazy on PC, refunded. I don't got time for sub par broken games.

I just locked my frames to 30. Nothing suggested worked for me. My main issue is my UI is just gone. Resetting the HUD does nothing nor does toggling features under the HUD menu. I'll try the lobby fix. . .if I can actually log in.
I redownloaded the game , and then it worked .

This game is being played more on PC at peak then Marvel's Avengers. Holy shit Square actually has a success on their hands this time, and it didn't take 50 different marketing deals.

Top Bottom