• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

haha 99 to 99 on ilios, we're about to lose, but guess who has a riptire?

I use it and rush it to the center our zarya uses her ult, death from above in the form of a hay wheel

KABOOOOOM!

we team kill, cap back and win

I really don't understand how to correctly use Mcree's (sp) ultimate. Anyone have advice for this? I know it's probably hard to describe over text.

Shahadan

I really don't understand how to correctly use Mcree's (sp) ultimate. Anyone have advice for this? I know it's probably hard to describe over text.

The more health the enemy has the longer it takes for the red skull (one shot) to appear.
Press fire when the red skull appears basically, or wait for multiple ones. Just shoot before getting killed

MartyStu

Hanzo is fragile and has basically no defense once he's found. Also he has to be relatively close to use his ult if he even hopes to hit somebody who has played more than two hours.

He's at risk basically being there.

Fair.

I do not think I have ever actually been hit by his alt, but I have been on so many teams where everyone else gets wiped and I get focused.

Edit: Nope thats a lie, I think I have been winged by it before over at King's Row.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

The longer you charge it the higher the chance it will kill a high health character. For squishies you don't need to target them for long I believe.

Ive never touched Mcree thats what I understand from seeing his ult being used

Oh my god you guys. This PotG I just got. Winston x Zarya forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LT3RGgzuXI

I did the same as Zarya with a Reaper ult. The Reaper got the potg like you did. Mother Russia denied again ;_;

-MD-

Once it's activated it'll lock onto anyone in your view, when a skull (it might be a red dot? can't remember) appears above someone's head you can fire it to instantly kill them.

L hovers as well. Pharah plays fine on consoles, not sure why I see so many in here saying she's too hard to play. Easily my best character.

I didn't say it was hard nor did I ever imply I don't know what buttons do for her character. I've done quite well. The issue is that to fully maximize all abilities and boosts at the same time I have to hold the controller in some kind dumbass claw grip no matter how many buttons are remapped.

You press his ultimate button, and a reticle slowly focuses on any target you can see. When you feel necessary, press the left mouse button (on PC) to fire at those targets. If you allowed the reticle to finish focusing, you will deal killing blows to the enemies. If they did not focus completely, the shots will hit, but not kill, I believe. You can right-click to cancel to find a better opportunity.

R0ckman

Hanzo's ult is really strong in pub games, but it's pretty mediocre if you have good communication and teamwork going on. Genji's ult actually feels much stronger to me since it generally causes the other team to go into a clusterfuck trying to kill him. It almost always ends with a team kill for us, barring any Lucio/Zenyatta shenanigans.

I think McCree's ult is really the only "broken" one. And only because it denies an entire zone for 6 seconds and can be cancelled if need be. If he wasn't just nuts in general though, it might not be so bad.

McCree ult seems fine to me. Almost impossible to use it to its full potential in regular games, people are usually all over the place, the game shows you where he is so one of them will most likely see you if you're trying to kill multiples. I've only pulled it off well by flanking or coming up behind the enemies from the direction of their spawn point and doing it.

Shahadan

Fair.

I do not think I have ever actually been hit by his alt, but I have been on so many teams where everyone else gets wiped and I get focused :(

I often yells at my screen when multiple people get killed by the dragon, or junkrat. I mean, they announce it way before you actually get hit, and by now (I get paired with lvl20+) people should know they have to move. :lol:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I often yells at my screen when multiple people get killed by the dragon, or junkrat. I mean, they announce it way before you actually get hit, and by now (I get paires with lvl20+) people should know they have to move. :lol:

Junkrat tire is 10 times harder to avoid tha the dragon, and thats being generous

Ramirez

I didn't say it was hard nor did I ever imply I don't know what buttons do for her character. I've done quite well. The issue is that to fully maximize all abilities and boosts at the same time I have to hold the controller in some kind dumbass claw grip no matter how many buttons are remapped.

Why do you need to claw? Not like your fingers need to be on the cooldown buttons at all times? L hover, R shoot...what more do you need?

I hate people who start pouting 2 minutes into a game and try to fuck it up for everyone else.

Had a guy playing Mercy who wouldn't heal us so we couldn't stay up on the objective, goes "o boy another group who wont play the objective" and then went bastion, sat waaaaaay back halfway through the map and argued with someone for 5 minutes.

I had a $40 Best Buy gift card so I stopped by and bought a $40 Battle.net gift card with it. Interestingly, they directly sell Diablo 3, StarCraft, and WoW, but not Overwatch.

Anyway, downloading the game now. Man I'm excited!

R0ckman

I hate people who start pouting 2 minutes into a game and try to fuck it up for everyone else.

Had a guy playing Mercy who wouldn't heal us so we couldn't stay up on the objective, goes "o boy another group who wont play the objective" and then went bastion, sat waaaaaay back halfway through the map and argued with someone for 5 minutes.

Huh? I don't understand the last part?

X-Frame

Every time I sign on this game I love it even more.

Just had some incredibly fun games as Mercy and Winston. First, we got steamrolled on Defense off the bat and they just pushed the payload mercilessly until we got our shit together and held down the last 50 feet for like 7 minutes. I was continually healing/buffing teammates and I rarely let anyone die -- when I did I would rez them and get another ultimate back very quickly. Amazing. I had a lot of "Thank You" emotes too!

Then Winston on KOTH with a team that actually took advance of me rampaging. It definitely helped that I was going up against Tracer and Reinhart, who Winston loves to destroy. A Zenyetta kept healing me while I did my thing and everyone else cleaned up the kills while I distracted everyone.

When the teams work, the game is tons of fun.

Zaventem

Holy shit I had a guy go pharah and shoot at the moving boat in one of the koth maps, when we lost the point. People get so butthurt it's insane

Oh my god you guys. This PotG I just got. Winston x Zarya forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LT3RGgzuXI

Did this with Genji yesterday. Hell of a play, won us the game too.

Junkrat tire is 10 times harder to avoid tha the dragon, and thats being generous

Yeah, but you can shoot the tire. Get trapped on a bit of geometry when you're trying to avoid the dragon and forgettaboutit

Wait, someone's said Symmetra's OP?

She is, on the right maps or with the right teams, so long as you're playing Defense.

But mostly no.

Salarians

She's totally underrated by most people. Her ult just gels with so many other ults.
She's so damn good, and unlike other underrated characters like Symmetra, she's viable in nearly every map or team makeup.

And despite this, I rarely see anyone using her. I'm a little grateful for that though.

Every hero is OP havent you heard?

Except Zenyatta. Damn it people, robots have feelings too ;_;
lol not according to Zarya and Torbjorn

MartyStu

I just get the fuck out of here or kill it, but to be fair I rather should have said Dva's ult. People just stand there.

Like Tracer's I think people have failed too many times trying to get away from it. They have a distorted view of its actual range.

They have the opposite problem with Junkrat's ult.

Level 40, got my second legendary.. Time to play lots of Pharah

Overwatch_2016_05_28_23_01_15_16.jpg

Why do you need to claw? Not like your fingers need to be on the cooldown buttons at all times? L hover, R shoot...what more do you need?

....Yes? If you're not using your abilities to assist the team at every opportune moment then there's not even a reason to try or play the game. The game is fast paced, stockpiling my abilities helps no one when a pushback can alter the balance around a payload or my rocket barrage can decimate a pile of people trapped in Zaryas singularity.

Seconds matter and not having my fingers on the ability buttons is asking for a critical mistake.

X-Frame

She's so damn good, and unlike other underrated characters like Symmetra, she's viable in nearly every map or team makeup.

And despite this, I rarely see anyone using her. I'm a little grateful for that though.

As others have noted here, she is amazing when paired up with another tank or someone who regularly gets damaged. A Winston would be a match made in heaven (see link above!) Just constantly placed a barrier on Winston will basically keep Zarya at +50% energy the entire game.

So the best "all-team spam" is indeed Soldier 76. I just had a team do it to me on Gibraltar and they rolled the first two checkpoints in like thirty seconds. But then we regrouped and beat them back. So not too bad really.

matmanx1

Yeah, Junkrat's ult makes me a little bit salty. I'm usually playing support so I'm usually around our tank and of course that crappy tire gets me nearly every time and is nearly always aimed at me. Even when I hear it and know its coming it is very hard to spot it and get out of the way in time, especially if the Junkrat is good and is sending in the tire from a side room or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom