• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think his flashbang has a very generous radius, a little too bit for my liking. An AoE stun with a short cooldown (Mei has to work for her stun) were you need to be close to the target and it can connect really easily.
Roadhog has this strange interaction where he can cast his hook and look at your feet but if you are fast enough to switch to the target the hook connects. Been baited by so many hooks cause I didn't know how it worked.

Roadhog is becoming one of my go-to's if I have the option. So fun

For a chain -> shotgun, should I aim for the face or center mass for as many pellets as possible? I mostly get the kill if I get the grab (unless it's another tank) but sometimes I don't.

R0ckman

Is matchmaking worse for people compared to the beta? I'm on PC and its just been horrible this weekend, team is so stupid even chat box does not unstupify them for most games.

Ahh yes, that feeling of playing a new FPS:

kNGKIvW.jpg

Played for an hour last night and switched characters every game so I could try everyone out. I think there's only a couple I haven't played yet. I'm definitely still in the major noob zone where Bastion dominates. I heard Genji is a good counter so I picked him but holy shit I am terrible. So I tried Widowmaker to snipe him but he still killed me from long range. I was kinda out of ideas at that point lol.

Game is fun as hell. Logging in right now! If anyone is also new (or doesn't mind a novice teammate) and is preferably on the US West Coast, add me:

Luapzors#1881

Rize_21

These damn forums.

ngoQncR.png

Wow... well if there's something to admit, the first time I played with Mei and got what her business is all about, it was obvious she'd be hated, and for good reasons, that icicle hits damn hard, and that freeze+aoe freeze? picturing players' face melting a frame at a time is why I pick her mainly.

Malo

Banned
It was overtime and we were attacking capture point B on Anubis. D.va used her ultimate and I (zarya) used mine. We took out the entire team and the sentries, we won right after.

So good.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
10-3 in the second session with EUGAF, clearly the best gaf :3

also I am the best Hanzo on EUGAF.

Im the only Hanzo on EUGAF ;_;

speaking of hanzo, this happened...

climbing up the played rank so fast x_x someone stop him. Mei and D.Va dont even show up anymore, what a travesty :(

N° 2048

How long until they patch Reinhardt dash that can hit people through the doors/walls before the game starts?

Love seeing people's reaction when I take half their health before the game even starts ;)

Mr. Patch

The worst is when people don't realize that BEING BY THE PAYLOAD HEALS YOU.

Really? I've never noticed hat. But I play as Mei or Mercy half the time so that's probably why.

Also, it is annoying as hell to play as Mercy on a team that has no awareness all. I had a game last night where I was harassed by a Tracer for a good 5 secs before anyone tried to do anything. And one of my teammates was a damn McCree who didn't try to stun them.
I died, of course.

catspit

Roadhog is becoming one of my go-to's if I have the option. So fun

For a chain -> shotgun, should I aim for the face or center mass for as many pellets as possible? I mostly get the kill if I get the grab (unless it's another tank) but sometimes I don't.

I was trying to one shot ppl after a hook but it was never working.. Are you supposed to use his cluster shot or that pellet shot after a hook?

There is just something that resonates with me, when I'm dominating with Pharah. Reminds me of the good ole days of dominating quake games with a rocket launcher.

MGrant

Symmetra tip: on maps where you can reach the enemy's spawn before the round starts, put two turrets on the middle exit. They'll get destroyed quickly, but the Ult percentage you gain from the few enemies they do zap means you'll be that much closer to getting the teleporter out.

That's actually a good idea for all characters. Always be earning Ult. Always.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
My girlfriend's a great Mei player and I see good Tracer and McCree players counter her really easily. Everyone else though, lol.

nOoblet16

My girlfriend's a great Mei player and I see good Tracer and Genji players counter her really easily. Everyone else though, lol.

Neither should be able to counter her tbh, especially Genji who is a free kill most of the time since he can't deflect Mei, has just enough HP to avoid dying from his combo and then heal and also the only way to get away from her is the slash which if you've already used then you're out of luck as he can't evade her fast enough. As a Genji player Mei is my bane apart from Torbjorn (his turrets do a lot of damage but don't fire nearly fast enough for me to destroy it or even significantly damage it using deflect if it's set up in a good spot)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Symmetra tip: on maps where you can reach the enemy's spawn before the round starts, put two turrets on the middle exit. They'll get destroyed quickly, but the Ult percentage you gain from the few enemies they do zap means you'll be that much closer to getting the teleporter out.

That's actually a good idea for all characters. Always be earning Ult. Always.

yeah thats why im always shooting random arrows on Hanzo. Its not that im complete garbage, its that im...im building ult guys.

;_;

Prodigal

Banned
Just bought the game on PC and in my 3rd match I got a 27 kill streak as Genji. I think I'm going to enjoy this one.

EDIT: Whoops, I meant Hanzo.

Gumbie

Can't get Overwatch to login since last night. Just sits there at "Entering Game" and never goes past that. I've tried different ISP connections to make sure mine didn't start blocking something. I have no idea wtf is going on but I'm beyond pissed I can't play this on the holiday weekend. I'm re downloading the entire game and reinstalling now as a last ditch effort. If that doesn't work I don't know what else to do. It's been working completely fine all week until last night. Anyone have any ideas of the reinstall doesn't work?

There is just something that resonates with me, when I'm dominating with Pharah. Reminds me of the good ole days of dominating quake games with a rocket launcher.

Pharah's rockets have an incredibly satisfying explosion noise.
Can't get Overwatch to login since last night. Just sits there at "Entering Game" and never goes past that. I've tried different ISP connections to make sure mine didn't start blocking something. I have no idea wtf is going on but I'm beyond pissed I can't play this on the holiday weekend. I'm re downloading the entire game and reinstalling now as a last ditch effort. If that doesn't work I don't know what else to do. It's been working completely fine all week until last night. Anyone have any ideas of the reinstall doesn't work?

Router or firewall issues, maybe? I don't think the servers have been down at all in that period.

Worst issues I've had are "waiting for players" periods that never end and the occasional weird bout of lag; never disconnects.

KLoWn

Fuck, Mei is such a no-skill bullshit character. Just wave your crosshair wildy in the general direction of the enemy and you'll freeze them and can pick them off one by one while taking a coffe. She's the fuckin anti-fun in this game along with Bastion.
Anyone have any good tips on how to tell with this pest? And no "keep your distance" nonsense, if she starts chasing you her freeze spray most likely will reach you. In fact, they should nerf the range on that gun. Seriously.

SDCowboy

Fuck, Mei is such a no-skill bullshit character. Just wave your crosshair wildy in the general direction of the enemy and you'll freeze them and can pick them off one by one while taking a coffe. She's the fuckin anti-fun in this game along with Bastion.
Anyone have any good tips on how to tell with this pest? And no "keep your distance" nonsense, if she starts chasing you her freeze spray most likely will reach you. In fact, they should nerf the range on that gun. Seriously.

lol I love whenever someone struggles against a hero, they are either no skill or OP. While Mei can be annoying, she is super easy to take out as her range sucks. Either play a class that counters either of the heroes you mentioned, or just stay a distance away from Mei..

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Genji shouldn't be beating Mei unless he's using Dragon Blade. Otherwise he's almost a free kill.

Neither should be able to counter her tbh, especially Genji.
As a Genji player Mei is my bane apart from Torbjorn (his turrets do a lot of damage but don't fire nearly fast enough for me to destroy it or even significantly damage it using deflect if it's set up in a good spot)
Sorry, meant McCree! His flashbang plus blamblamblam ruins her. Don't know why I said Genji.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I had no idea Seagull was a big Overwatch streamer, I remember him from playing comp TF2 back in the day.
His popularity is well-deserved, really happy for him. He's incredibly skilled and knowledgeable but also super positive (which is kind of funny considering he played on Mix^, haha), so always one of my favorite players.

Rhaknar

forget Mei, forget Mcree, forget Bastion. EUGAF most hated character:

nWGUgHz.gif

true story

Playing this game with friends makes me increasingly frustrated at playing with strangers as they can't coordinate their role or attacks for shit.

Got the Mariachi skin for Reaper today in a chest, I am pleasantly surprised.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ok Level 36 and finally got my second legendary skin.

Blackbeard Torbjörn which of course i never use.

MGrant

Sorry, meant McCree! His flashbang plus blamblamblam ruins her. Don't know why I said Genji.

Ah, yeah he's annoying. You can bait him into throwing the flashbang, turn into an iceblock, then unfreeze for the kill if he's being predictable. But he's hard 1v1 for everyone.

catspit

I feel the opposite with Mei.. She has some hard counters and can be difficult to play if the opposing team knows what they are doing.

I like her balance right now.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

if she kills you so fast, you are doing something wrong
sorry
. what class are you usually playing?

Zomba13

Just had a great round with Phara on Ilios Lighthouse. Managed to get the 20 kill streak achievement. Then in the next round the enemy team changed to 3 pharas and still lost and then complained how their 3 still weren't as good as just one of me. It was funny.

Wanderer5

Decided to give Symmetra a round, and blam PotG lol. Killed a Winston and then I went to set up a teleporter while my turrets killed 3 people.XD

I wasn't sure about her before, and thought of just going with Torbjorn builder wise whenever I feel like doing that role, but she does have some nice potential for defenses too. Plus this skin I gotten is pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom