• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

Do you guys think a tank with a taunt mechanic would work? Maybe as an ult or something, but removing control of you character might be too much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I only panic ult against players. Like ill panic and use zarya ult on 1 guy and thenngo "oh...well that was a waste :/"

XaosWolf

Most of my eliminations in that last round were from the bombs that Junkrat drops when he dies.

Also had a McCree type 'lol' when I chucked a mine at his face and blew it up just as he shot me. Sweetest kill trade yet. =)

I turned off autojoin voice chat because on the rare occasions anyone was talking at all there was always at least one person who sounded like they were trying to eat their microphone.

We ran the Soldier team on offense on King's Row and just rolled through defense:
XdDIRQ9.jpg

Enemies switched to all Junkrats the next game and we won free lol

Orca

Do you guys think a tank with a taunt mechanic would work? Maybe as an ult or something, but removing control of you character might be too much.

It doesn't have to take control, it could just damage you if you attack anyone else. Throw the player into black and white and have the taunting tank show in red or something to make it obvious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The worst is when I panic ult as Mercy. Usually causes more problems than it solves lol

I only ever get 1 person, sometimes very rarely 2 with junkrat tire. Everytime I try to go for the big team kill someone kills it

Lesath

You make me feel like I'm playing Reinhardt wrong, all I get is damage blocked.
ib8nJGm.png

And missed Charges.

You keep blocking that damage; better that than the Reinhardts I see dropping their intact shields to run off and be a goddamn hero where my Mercy isn't stupid enough to follow.

S76 has deceptively powerful damage. He does the sort of mid-range damage I keep expecting Reaper to have.
The worst is when I panic ult as Mercy. Usually causes more problems than it solves lol

Mercy dies, but gets her ult off beforehand. Two players rezzed.
Five enemies continue their attack. Two players dead.

I have experienced this before. Perhaps multiple times.

NightOnyx

Man I love Zarya. Just had a 23-7 match with a bunch of objective time and barriers applied. So fun!

Zarya is my main, and I agree she's a ton of fun to use. She's just great all around. You have a up close attack and your distance attack, you're strong as hell, and you get to put up barriers around yourself and others to further protect you and your team. I've had some crazy good games as her.

spiritfox

It doesn't have to take control, it could just damage you if you attack anyone else. Throw the player into black and white and have the taunting tank show in red or something to make it obvious.

Hmm, now I want a hero that messes with the enemies POV, like blackout their screens or something.

PaulloDEC

Its literally the only time he will hit you with it tho. Otherwise its super easy to avoid

I wouldn't go that far; it's plenty useful on players trying to cap/defend zones or pushing objectives in narrow areas.

Just had a few ridiculous instances yesterday that made the issue seem a bit ludicrous.

Rokam

What's the counter to double Zarya? Can't damage anyone while shields are up... can't let people just run around while you don't attack shields.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So first round on Nepal, I'm a Reinhardt and we have a Zarya on the team.

We got some trouble capturing the point, Zarya launches her ult right in the middle of it, I do mine so everybody on the other team is stunned and I end up getting 4 kills and we hold the point until the end.

Who gets play of the game?

Fucking McCree who killed 3 people with his ult.

Fuck you, McCree.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What's the counter to double Zarya? Can't damage anyone while shields are up... can't let people just run around while you don't attack shields.

Kind of want to say Pharah. Split the team up, stay out of range of both modes of her gun. Not 100% on that though.

Rhaknar

Can anyone remind me of what characters have attacks that go through shields? Winston and who else?

Symmetra the queen. Shes also godlike at killing turrets since they wont move, it sont matter how slow the orb is

Ezit: to the above, Zarya doesnt go through from my experience, I always have to get right on top of them pass the shield to hit them

Wishing I would've checked out one of the betas. All of the positive talk and great reviews has me curious, but not enough to make a $90 blind buy purchase when I'm more of a solo gamer and tend to drop multiplayer after a little while.

Rhaknar

Wishing I would've checked out one of the betas. All of the positive talk and great reviews has me curious, but not enough to make a $90 blind buy purchase when I'm more of a solo gamer and tend to drop multiplayer after a little while.

As opposed to that 8 hour single player game that you will play over and over again?

Unless when you say little while you mean like 2 hours :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom