• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dem feels when you never get POTG as Lucio but you win the vote at the end:

giphy.gif

frontovik

Banned
It feels good to commit to support as Mercy, but I have to question the competency (perhaps intelligence) of my teammates most of the time.

It certainly doesn't help that people hardly ever uses voice chat in the game. It feels like I'm playing with bots.

Kiro

My game finally arrives tomorrow for ps4. I play symmetra mercy zarya Mcree and Mei <3

Add me so we can win and get loot boxes tomorrow night.

Kiro21-

Xeteh

*picks pharah and rocket jumps before getting frozen*

*picks zarya and pop up shield before getting frozen*

I am not joking I would ult on your face even if you're a single mei in the middle of nowhere. That's how much mei is annoying.

You're not special. Everyone ults the Mei. I don't fear you, you don't scare me. I will fight you until the very last icicle.

Lets. Fucking. Go.

You are inserting yourself in to a rivalry as old as time
or like a month
... you don't know what you're getting yourself in to.

Regiruler

You've got a level, it goes up when you get XP, its explicitly progression, it just has no mechanical impact

How long does that take? 7-10 minutes per game on average? So around 90 minutes per level? (or ~150 hours to prestige)
That sounds right.

I don't want to spend an hour and a half towards a crate where chances are it's going to be absolute jank for characters I don't use often.

8-10 games per level is too slow?

Per level? No. Per reward distribution? Yes.

If you look at comparable titles with similar MT models (Garden Warfare 2, Uncharted 4 or Call of Duty), they offer a lot more cosmetic features across less game time. Overwatch features intentionally elongated progression in an effort to further validate MT.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How long does that take? 7-10 minutes per game on average? So around 90 minutes per level? (or ~150 hours to prestige)

Yeah, is that a lot? Im genuilly asking, I dont play MP shooters. Like were people "supposed" to have prestiged by now?

That sounds right.

I don't want to spend an hour and a half towards a crate where chances are it's going to be absolute jank for characters I don't use often.

Arent you spending a hour and a half playing the game tho? Isnt that the point? Im confused :/

Regiruler

Yeah, is that a lot? Im genuilly asking, I dont play MP shooters. Like were people "supposed" to have prestiged by now?
Not having prestige is fine. That should take a while. The problem is the subconscious feedback from unlocking cool things is important to some people, and the game almost makes it painful.

Apathy

my kingdom for fucking teamamtes that know not to overextend on a capture map of all things. why would you go all the way to pass the gazebo on hanamura and leave the point open so that a single person can cap 1/3rd of it by themselves.

I dont know why these people exist

my kingdom for fucking teamamtes that know not to overextend on a capture map of all things. why would you go all the way to pass the gazebo on hanamura and leave the point open so that a single person can cap 1/3rd of it by themselves.

I dont know why these people exist

Yep. Your team it's 3 by the enemy spawn, 3 at the point. Their team it's always 6 at the choke or 6 at the point and they fuck you up.

Uthred

Honestly I dont know, I dont play MP shooters either. Speaking for myself I feel that its a bit too long between loot drops, but thats likely exacerbated by the fact that all I ever get is common shit for characters I play infrequently. By itself the interval may not be too long, but in tandem with the random loot it can feel like no reward at all (of course the main reward is the fun gameplay, but I dont think you can discount the more explicit reward system loot boxes represent).

If they weighted loot boxes results towards the characters you play most frequently I think it would go a long way to alleviating peoples frustration with it. I mean a spray still wont have you jumping for joy but if its for "your guy/gal" it'd likely feel better. They should also have a "mercy" result like Diablo 3/Hearthstone where you get a legendary after x boxes, they should also announce that it exists (in case its already in place).

Kiro

There should be a guarantee where after every 10 levels you get a legendary skin for one of your top 5 characters played or something.

A guarantee would definitely create more drive.

I have a hero idea for support. A charge beam rifle, that if you hit a friendly player it heals instead of damaging.

I kinda just want the beam rifle. But it could make a support class that is fun for people who don't like the current ones.

sephi22

lmao someone in the old thread says D.Va needs a buff
She's nigh useless in high tier matches except for stalling for overtime. IIRC Seagull mentioned Winston does what she does much better so she doesn't have a place right now.

Here's hoping she's secret high tier and moves up in ranks as more people play the game and people really start to get good at her. The NA scene underrates Roadhog and apparently the Koreans love him so there's some exchange going on there. Who knows one of these days someone might figure out something dirty with her.

She's good in pubs I guess. But aside from POTG webms for reddit frontpage I haven't really felt her usefulness.

Kiro

I have a hero idea for support. A charge beam rifle, that if you hit a friendly player it heals instead of damaging.

I kinda just want the beam rifle. But it could make a support class that is fun for people who don't like the current ones.

Nah Sombra is shadow and should have 2 shots. One cloaks your ally for 3 seconds (but can still be hurt) and the other blinds an enemy for 3 seconds but does no damage.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Well Sombra is rumored to be a support sniper.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Added myself to the GAF list.

If anyone else plays from Japan (or near enough that timezone), feel free to add B-Genius (PSN).

Already went ahead and friend requested RexNovis and putarorex.
(I have a Tigrex in my avatar... Noticing a pattern here...)

I would love for them to remove the movement restriction while firing. Makes it so annoying trying to chase down someone for that last shot.

Granted I only just started using her, but she seems fine. If you're using your boost effectively you'll never need to worry about chasing people down.
Full mobility while firing guns with unlimited ammo that never need to reload seems a bit much...

Salarians

She's nigh useless in high tier matches except for stalling for overtime. IIRC Seagull mentioned Winston does what she does much better so she doesn't have a place right now.

Here's hoping she's secret high tier and moves up in ranks as more people play the game and people really start to get good at her. The NA scene underrates Roadhog and apparently the Koreans love him so there's some exchange going on there. Who knows one of these days someone might figure out something dirty with her.

She's good in pubs I guess. But aside from POTG webms for reddit frontpage I haven't really felt her usefulness.
Ah, I didn't consider that. I've found her to be extremely useful in pub games. Her range of movement is incredible. I've had multiple winning matches with her without a single death thanks to it. Sneak in, distract, fly out when things get hairy.

Oh, and knocking people out of the map. So damn good.

XaosWolf

Beginning to see the pattern of people with the "Fuck Support, fuck Tanks, only Offence or Hanzo" mindset.

Got fucking nowhere on Route 66 because no one picked Support (So I picked Mercy) and then no one picked a Sniper or anyone with shields so they just waltzed out into a lead tornado pretty much straight down the middle.

I don't think the opposition even had to aim.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Had a lot of good games with gaffers on PC tonight. We went on this streak where we were just rolling people for a bit. Thanks for coming out, guys.

ultron87

Played a ton of Junkrat for the first time today. He's great! Blowing people off payloads and objectives and breaking up tank walls with the mine is fantastic. As is taking really complex back door routes to hit the perfect ult.

Uthred

Hate being on a defence when the brain trust with you decide their first defensive point should be the objective. Thus giving the attacking team a free pass on the two or three possible choke points between their initial spawn and the objective.

Wanderer5

Ugh tonight was rough. Sheesh I seen a couple bastions tonight that just want to hang in the way way back when they can move forward.<.<

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Hate being on a defence when the brain trust with you decide their first defensive point should be the objective. Thus giving the attacking team a free pass on the two or three possible choke points between their initial spawn and the objective.

Actually posting up a defense too far up could be detrimental to you because the offense spawn is so much closer to the "choke point" you're setting up than the defense spawn. When you kill an attacker, they're back in the fight really quickly, but a defending death means you have to run a lot longer to get back in the fight. Setting up near the objective means your run back as a defender is shorter while the attacker's run back is longer, putting you on more of an even footing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom