• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Someone gif that pervy dwarf already

Fuck you, Mei!

giphy.gif

gross, your horizontal sensitivity

Apathy

thanks game, 5 game win streak with a bunch of guys that stayed together for all of them, then decides to move me to a losing game halfway through, gee, thanks

sephi22

I paid 100 bucks for loot boxes already. Have a legendary skin for most chars and 2-3 for my faves. I told myself this is enough.

But wouldn't it be nice if I had every hero decked out? And those emotes.... those emotes for POTG? *cries*

I paid 100 bucks for loot boxes already. Have a legendary skin for most chars and 2-3 for my faves. I told myself this is enough.

But wouldn't it be nice if I had every hero decked out? And those emotes.... those emotes for POTG? *cries*

Do it. Join me in the Billionaire Boy's Club.

Whales

Banned
Mei is great. Haters suck. Freeze those tears.

Xeteh, I knew you were the kind of guy to freeze someone, stop in front of him and aim carefully for the head with the icicle.

I hate mei. I always yell ''GET FUCKED'' when I kill one

Berordn

8-10 games per level is too slow?

It does feel like you're not making much progress, if you only have time for a game or two.

I'd like to see daily challenges that award gold or somesuch get added in the future so it at least feels like you've got some control over drops.

That said, I only really play for the sake of playing.

Gaming anxiety is real. I never talk to randoms even when I want to and the stress of letting down people in ranked matches makes it so I usually don't compete in most games. Rocket League and now Overwatch will be the exceptions because the matches are pretty short. CSGO and MOBA with their 40 minute matches were a night\mare for me.

anxiety? it's just Gaffers, just nerds

Neeeeeeerds!

WsyqoBK.gif

I dunno. I'm just weird about it for no reason. You'd think not being face-to-face would help but it doesn't lol.

Xeteh

Xeteh, I knew you were the kind of guy to freeze someone, stop in front of him and aim carefully for the head with the icicle.

I hate mei. I always yell ''GET FUCKED'' when I kill one

My hope among hopes is that one day I can meet you in battle. Watch you struggle as you slowly realize the ice is restricting all of your hopes and dreams and then right before you finally give up I whisper "Let it go" before the icicle drives in to your head.

The game's progression is absolutely nill outside of that because you have everything else.

Right, everyone has the same tools from the start. There's nothing to earn but extra neat things. Is the Mei with the Firefighter skin better than you? Probably not!

So there's nothing you're fighting against but your own need to stand out. Which is pretty understandable! We all feel that way. But again...it's not an actual representation of ability. So why does it matter?

Whales

Banned
My hope among hopes is that one day I can meet you in battle. Watch you struggle as you slowly realize the ice is restricting all of your hopes and dreams and then right before you finally give up I whisper "Let it go" before the icicle drives in to your head.

*picks pharah and rocket jumps before getting frozen*

*picks zarya and pop up shield before getting frozen*

I am not joking I would ult on your face even if you're a single mei in the middle of nowhere. That's how much mei is annoying.

1upsuper

So I ended up picking this up a couple days ago and I'm having a blast. This is the only shooter I've put any substantial amount of time into besides Splatoon ever, but this is just too much fun. It's managed to pull me away from Dark Souls 3 pvp a bit, which is just nuts. These two games in conjunction are going to devour all of my time for a long time. So glad I picked it up. For anyone on the fence: even if you don't have any FPS experience, try this game. Seriously.

BigDug13

I used to spend hours upon hours playing Team Fortress Classic mod for Halflife 1. There weren't any "levels" or "unlocks" that I can remember. You played the same handful of maps over and over because the game was fun as fuck.

Why did gaming become "how fast can I fill bars" instead of just playing the game because it's fun?

When you defend Numbani:
Two Mcrees
One Genji
One Tracer
One 76
And you wondering how the fuck you're going to keep everyone alive as support.

They defend Numbani:
Two Torbjorn
One Bastion
One Reinhardt
One Mercy

fml.

Regiruler

Exactly. Youre just proving my point?
My point was that the cosmetics are the only progression because of the absence of anything else.

Proper incentivization of players' time is an important part of game design, and the microtransactions have absolutely impacted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom