• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulik2

I can't stop playing Soldier 76. I know he is the most generic character in the game, but getting 20+ eliminations and double digit final blows every game is too much freaking fun.

Apathy

Hate being on a defence when the brain trust with you decide their first defensive point should be the objective. Thus giving the attacking team a free pass on the two or three possible choke points between their initial spawn and the objective.

That's the worse, have these people just never played an fps game before

Uthred

Actually posting up a defense too far up could be detrimental to you because the offense spawn is so much closer to the "choke point" you're setting up than the defense spawn. When you kill an attacker, they're back in the fight really quickly, but a defending death means you have to run a lot longer to get back in the fight. Setting up near the objective means your run back as a defender is shorter while the attacker's run back is longer, putting you on more of an even footing.

There's a difference between too far forward and waiting on the actual objective, case in point, the game that spawned that post was a defence on Hanamura where they set up on the bell, as opposed to at the gates. Camping outside the spawn point is a bad idea but all the defence levels have obvious choke points roughly half way between the attackers spawn and the objective. Setting up on the objective means if the attackers wipe the defence team they are almost guaranteed a capture.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I can't stop playing Soldier 76. I know he is the most generic character in the game, but getting 20+ eliminations and double digit final blows every game is too much freaking fun.

I almost always get 4 gold medals with him, sometimes 5 but God I feel dirty doing it, he's almost too good for how easy he is to play. I honestly don't think he needs the AOE heal, a self heal/stimpak would be better IMO.

I rarely lose when I got Soldier 76, and almost ALWAYS get 3+ gold medals. Not only does he put out a lot of damage from any range due to his burst fire being perfectly accurate, but his sprint/E button means he's hard to ever kill. You can straight up outshoot Winstons and Roadhogs if you avoid his hook with the E button heal going and the cluster missiles hitting. So easy to get payloads moving with the health from the cart and the health from your E button, and keep firing at people.

Like I have to stop myself playing Soldier 76 just to keep the game interesting.

Me and Rave earlier ran four Soldiers and we destroyed them. You just can't kill those fuckers on payloads with the damage and AOE heels they put out.

Rad-

What do people keep their console sensitivity at? 70? 100?

20. I have no idea how anyone can hit anything mid or long range with a controller with a sensitivity over 40. 80-100 is great for heroes like Tracer or Winston though but it also feels hard to go back from 100 to 20 so having different settings didn't work for me.

Can we talk about how cheap Bastion is for a second

Defending team had two and they just sat there and gunned us down from afar. We couldn't sneak around either because their remaining players were camped there waiting for us.

I mean we ended up making it through in the nick of time but it was annoying af

20. I have no idea how anyone can hit anything mid or long range with a controller with a sensitivity over 40. 80-100 is great for heroes like Tracer or Winston though but it also feels hard to go back from 100 to 20 so having different settings didn't work for me.
Holy poop, 20?! Mine are at the base of 30 still.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
CFYd8lI.gif

Beginning to see the pattern of people with the "Fuck Support, fuck Tanks, only Offence or Hanzo" mindset.

Got fucking nowhere on Route 66 because no one picked Support (So I picked Mercy) and then no one picked a Sniper or anyone with shields so they just waltzed out into a lead tornado pretty much straight down the middle.

I don't think the opposition even had to aim.

I never understood the mindset that most casual players have. What good are you actually doing just rushing out of spawn just to get mowed down one by one. I see this every time I solo q and it completely baffles me.

Starting to play Tracer more often now that we are kind of finalizing our player roles in my group. I really, really hate Martyrdom as a game mechanic. It has absolutely no business being in a game. It's not particularly fun or exciting, it rewards death and punishes close quarters play, and it's just lazy design all around.

Hate being on a defence when the brain trust with you decide their first defensive point should be the objective. Thus giving the attacking team a free pass on the two or three possible choke points between their initial spawn and the objective.

Opposingly, having your teammates try to fight people at some of the spawn gate areas and then letting your opponent walk through to the point with nothing to stop them is equally annoying.

Teknoman

Gaming anxiety is real. I never talk to randoms even when I want to and the stress of letting down people in ranked matches makes it so I usually don't compete in most games. Rocket League and now Overwatch will be the exceptions because the matches are pretty short. CSGO and MOBA with their 40 minute matches were a night\mare for me.

I get afraid to talk in these GAF lobbies for some reason. Joined a party then left without saying anything. Playing solo atm.

Gaming with GAF not matter the genre is almost always awesome, but I can see people having that team play anxiety too. I think the problem is, everyone is so worried about K/D ratios, "getting gud", being pro or competitive, etc. that they either overinvest themselves or just completely go on mute.

aeolist

Banned

Defending team had two and they just sat there and gunned us down from afar. We couldn't sneak around either because their remaining players were camped there waiting for us.

you won, how is he cheap?

Sulik2

Snipers and rockets solve this problem. As does Hanzo's Ult. Snipe them out from behind a Reinhardt shield. Easy pickings when they are stationary.

Are some of the hero settings missing on console? I remember there being a Lucio setting for his gun in the options that I don't see on console.

Rixxan

My tablet is shitting the bed trying to play this, I'm guessing it's 1080p/60? I need to upgrade at some point but the Nexus 7 2013 still feels good apart from dealing with 60fps content, and 7" is starting to feel too small for me (winky face).

hmmm, yeah - i think it is, hope its not loading poorly for everyone, seems to be fine for me

Gryph

Play D.VA, I love eating up Bastion as D.VA, only time I loose is when my barrier is down and I can't rush to him.

If you catch him even a little bit off guard your cannons chew him up.

You know, one of the reasons this game is going to be so successful, beyond the Blizzard spit polish, is the fact that the fun moments like that are such a built in viral thing... Like, someone will cut together a compilation of the 100 best Overwatch deaths and they're going to be absolutely fucking hilarious....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

You are 6 days late with that, we've moved on from Bastion hate :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

That's why you get a mei to block them.

you won, how is he cheap?

It's the mechanics of it. The next game we played I went Bastion just to see and ended up being able to camp and slaughter everyone for a good five minutes. It just feels so stupid.

Snipers and rockets solve this problem. As does Hanzo's Ult. Snipe them out from behind a Reinhardt shield. Easy pickings when they are stationary.

We won in part because of Pharah, and we used D.Va's ult which got rid of their Reinhardt and their Widowmaker. It helped immensely.

XaosWolf

Junkrat is definitely my favourite. Banking shots and persistent traps make him awesome.

Put down a snare with a mine on it and fuck off somewhere. As soon as you get the triggered signal, press that detonator and if it's a squishy then it's dead.

Feels good to get kills from the spawn point. =D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It is either irrational Mei hate or rational McCree hate.

I will fight this to the death, lets go.

I dont hate any character. I just shrug it off. I shrug off DIE DIE DIE. I shrug off flashbang/fan. I shrug off Genji ult. I just sigh and move on, I dont get angry at any particular thing 1 on 1. Wombo combos is what gets me.

Acerac

Banned
Holy shit, legendary thread title.

I still have yet to understand Mei hate. It's like when people complained about the pyro.

Rhaknar

Genjis can reflect the richochet arrow back at you before it splits so it explodes in your face.

It makes me sad fam :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
hmmm, yeah - i think it is, hope its not loading poorly for everyone, seems to be fine for me

It'll work fine on my desktop but my tablet just can't handle such quality, I still make my GIFs 1080p/60 though as I'm not a savage.

mudkyp

Trying to find people to play with on the PS4. PSN is mudkyp if you don't mind playing with someone still learning how to play well.

Let's just keep charging into the objective over and over. Forget Battlefield 1 this game is the real WW1 FPS of 2016.

Just got done with two consecutive matches where my team couldn't even get to the objective point to contest it. We might as well have been running into no mans land charging head first into a nest of machine guns.

Apathy

i am so ready for that mccree nerf

fuck flashback behind me stunning, fuck the stun in general and fuck fan. I can't wait for that first patch that nerfs all of that shit.

mikemandey

I think Mercy's legendary skins are so worth to buy. They are gorgeous and even change her ult voiceline.

Her devil skin: "Heroes never die... For a price"
Her viking skin: Something about Valhalla.. Can't remember the exact line.

IIRC, Hanzo has a new ult voiceline too for his legendary skin. Any other heroes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom