• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures (Namco, 360/PS3/WiiU/3DS) announced

Toparaman

Banned
3DS shots:

ibw10wqCAdmxDq.jpg
isz3FcC0ZlYum.jpg

icq5Bkf99k7Xz.jpg
iSnhhloXyD479.jpg

iOvAoaP1CgkdH.jpg
ibkwGNaPgtDP1T.jpg

Looks pretty nice.

Not cynical enough for GAF?

The music reminds me of Après-ski in an Austrian resort and the gameplay reminds me of a rudimentary, desolate, early 3D game. All in all, it looks ghastly.

Toparaman

Banned
I think the different environments are playing tricks on you; it's still very much the cartoon's art style.

Nope. Look at Pac-Man's eyes in the 3DS game, and his face next to the lives counter. It's much more like the old 3D Pac-Man. The ghosts look a little different from the cartoon as well.

Honestly, it looks really nice.

Lijik

Finally a game for people who go "I miss rareware platformers :(" in our monthly 3d platformer threads on gaf.

I loved the Pac-Man World Series, it's funny how the 3D platformer genre is dying because "grown-ups" think that they have... well grown up.

I personally love the genre, all the colors, the fun and everything that makes it so... Happy.

You guys should give it a chance, at least Namco is trying something to not let die the genre.
I was excited at first too, but then I realized the game is based on a TV show. Do not want, especially since Pac-man is now voiced by a child, and they're pretending that Ms. Pac-man doesn't exist.

I absolutely loved Pac Man World 2 as a kid and for some reason now I am hyped for the 3DS version of this. I guess its just nostalgia.

VanWinkle

Part of me is interested in this just because the lack of 3D platformers, but I highly doubt I'll get this. It's likely to be terrible.

So, we bitch at the lack of 3D platformers and now the creation of them? I mean, it doesn't look like it's going to set the world on fire, but at least it sounds like someone at Bandai Namco is listening. How well they are listening it still up for debate, though.

iMerc

that munching mechanic is going to prove troublesome, methinks.
Hopefully they iron it out and make it more 'smooth' if that make sense.

Argh. It looks really average. Hoping for the best.

Sponge

Banned
Maybe I'm not cynical enough for GAF, but I think this will be at least average.

I kinda wish it wasn't trying mix itself with the show. Pacman with teeth is weird. If it's anywhere as good as Pacman World then I'd probably get this.

Takao

Banned
So, we bitch at the lack of 3D platformers and now the creation of them? I mean, it doesn't look like it's going to set the world on fire, but at least it sounds like someone at Bandai Namco is listening. How well they are listening it still up for debate, though.

Make a new Klonoa, not this shit.

Okay, I don't want a Klonoa 3D platformer either but you know what I mean.

Needs a homing munch. AHAHAHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHA. I just reread what I just wrote.

But nah, it needs work but I'm interested.

I thought the same thing.

Lijik

The platforming looks bland and sparse, the combat mechanic looks unwieldy, its based on an interpretation of Pacman Im already aware I dont care for, it doesnt even look as fun or exciting as the Crash Bandicoots and Epic Mickeys from this gen.
Theres a lot of good reasons to not be excited about this game. Right now the only reason to be excited seems to be some weird 3D platformer stockholm syndrome thing

Im going to buy it when its cheap because Im a crazy person who plays every single one of these damn things, but people who just miss 3D platformers already have better options this gen

EDIT- Hell they already have better upcoming options. Theres going to be a new Mario at E3 and the indie Oliver and Spike which Gaf seems to be ignorning judging by the lack of posts in that thread

The platforming looks bland and sparse, the combat mechanic looks unwieldy, its based on an interpretation of Pacman Im already aware I dont care for, it doesnt even look as fun or exciting as the Crash Bandicoots and Epic Mickeys from this gen.
Theres a lot of good reasons to not be excited about this game. Right now the only reason to be excited seems to be some weird 3D platformer stockholm syndrome thing

Im going to buy it when its cheap because Im a crazy person who plays every single one of these damn things, but people who just miss 3D platformers already have better options this gen

EDIT- Hell they already have better upcoming options. Theres going to be a new Mario at E3 and the indie Oliver and Spike which Gaf seems to be ignorning judging by the lack of posts in that thread

Quantity doesn't hurt. I mean we'd still be missing (on Wii U):

Crash
Spyro (not Skylanders)
Ty
Kao
DK
Sonic (we know that's happening eventually anyway)
Bomberman (more of an adventure game considering 64 and the GC ones)

What other still existing 3D platformers came out since 64/PS1 and showed up occasionally?

On Wii we only had Mario and Sonic, and also Crash and Spyro until 2008. Ty and Kao never came to Wii, and DK never got a second 3D platformer after 64. Bomberman never had a true action adventure since GC, the JP only Wii game was a single-player classic-style Bomberman game. And of course Pac-Man never got a platformer outing after the 6th gen.

For the king of platformers, Wii certainly got a ton a 2D ones, but 3D ones were too few and far in between.

I want to see Nintendo finally bring their platformers to full 3D, Kirby's still hasn't made the jump (Air Ride gave us a delicious taste via City Trial), DK again needs a second go, Ice Climbers would actually make a cool one if done right. And Yoshi Sunshine PLEASE...

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Make a new Klonoa, not this shit.

Okay, I don't want a Klonoa 3D platformer either bu--
YOU GOT IT

781801-636735ad_24b1_4082_a880_6af4f6e8a71c.jpg

KLONOA'S BACK HE'S A KLOIN' MACHINE

WITH AN ATTITUDE THAT'S REALLY KEEN

PHANTOMILE VILLAGE IS UNDER ATTACK

BUT KLONOA'S RING GIVES THE BAD GUYS A SMACK

OH YEEEAHHHH KLONOA

Elixist

Im glad we're getting more games like this I'll probably support it unless its complete garbage , which is totally possible with the ugly style.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I want to play this right fucking now. This looks awesome.

"with an exclusive side-scrolling version of the game coming to the Nintendo 3DS® fall of 2013."

:/

Awwww what the fuck

Schnei871

It looks bland but it seems kind of funny. Comedy is so rare in games so any game that manages tasteful humour I'm willing to give a shot

Takao

Banned
YOU GOT IT

781801-636735ad_24b1_4082_a880_6af4f6e8a71c.jpg

KLONOA'S BACK HE'S A KLOIN' MACHINE

WITH AN ATTITUDE THAT'S REALLY KEEN

PHANTOMILE VILLAGE IS UNDER ATTACK

BUT KLONOA'S RING GIVES THE BAD GUYS A SMACK

OH YEEEAHHHH KLONOA

there's a distinct lack of pac-man in that klonoa design that's truly why I never liked it

Top Bottom